OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I am dead.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Well, we kind of all thought CP3 would get traded, or that Kobe was going to get traded to the Bulls/Knicks, but it fell apart. Or the numerous Amare-> Cavs rumors.

I hold this rumor to the same extent I hold K. Love-> OKC.

Pipe dream for them, I doubt they can make it a reality.

And honestly, I don't see why someone would want the tandem of Bynum+Odom.

Pau+Odom? Okay now we're talking. But with Bynum and Odom, what are you going to get? You don't have a go-to guy (especially if Dwight leaves). You don't have a guy that can put up 20 a night (Gil? Odom? Jason Richardson?). You have a guy who's been injury prone since the minute he stepped foot in the NBA, for the most dominant force outside of LeBron?

Bynum is not a huge asset as he once was. I'd almost be more inclined to take on Roy Hibbert.

Ehhh. I guess you could bring up the Shaq deal, but even then I think a young LO and Caron Butler were very strong pieces, I guess you could equate it to Odom/Bynum, but I just don't know man... I just think it would take a lot more.

And you start talking about another great PG, get the hell outta here.
laugh.gif

CP3/Dwight, I'd be very excited about though.
nerd.gif

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd be more interested if I were the Magic in getting a core like Daye/Monroe/Stuckey back for Dwight than Bynum/Odom. Odom can't be THE guy, and Bynum is a great replacement, sure, but he's not your franchise guy. You trade for Bynum, you're Indiana. A team with a sub-par franchise player.

Hell, Thad Young, Speights, and Iguodala sounds a whole hell of a lot better to me.
nerd.gif
Nick Young, McGee, Blatche, Josh Howard? Steph Curry, David Lee, Dorrell Wright? Hell since you're considering Bynum, how about Oden, Gearld, and Batum, or Wes? Perkins, Harden, and Thabo? Hey Bhz will like this one... Marc, Battier, and Arthur.

Bynum/Odom are great where they are, but look what Pau did with a subpar team before he came to LA. Not much. Now you got two guys who can produce maybe 25-30 points together, provide some good length and defense, with the rest of that cast of chuckers in ORL? Ew.

I don't see any reason why teams would trade a player where they want unless the team they're trading him to is the absolute best offer.

CP3's deal was still 2 years away.  Kobe's contract wasn't up.  And the Amare stuff was rumor, and uncertain because he AND Bron had contracts that were up, as in the Cavs had no idea who would still be there 4 months later. 

Dwight is up in under a year once this season is over.  He can walk.  Paul, Kobe couldn't.  Amare was a different situation altogether. 

This is the Melo deal, not the other guy deals.  Get that part first. 

Then, Nobody is saying that Orlando wants Bynum and or Odom.  They want the ASSETS to try and replace Dwight at some point.  Just like Denver didn't get anything special for Melo, they got ASSETS.  What Orlando will have is flexibility.  Maybe they do want to keep Odom, or maybe they want Bynum, maybe they want neither, maybe they want both, they can do what they want.  The Magic will hold the options for both players.  They can keep the option for a year, or they could trade them in other deals to get even more assets.  How hard is that to understand? 
laugh.gif

Not a guy on the planet would say hey let's trade Dwight for Bynum + Odom, but in terms of what else they do, it gives them the most options.  Like Pro said, why not Deng and Noah?  95 million, that's why.  Ain't no options there.  They'd be paying Noah til 2016.  And not winning either. 

All those other ridiculous trade rumors you just made up are the same as Denver coming up with rumors for Melo.  None of them work, none of them give them the same options.  First the money don't even match up, second you are offering like 3-4 starters per team for 1. 
laugh.gif
  At least the Knicks got Chauncey back with Melo for their 4 players.  

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd be more interested if I were the Magic in getting a core like Daye/Monroe/Stuckey back for Dwight than Bynum/Odom. Odom can't be THE guy, and Bynum is a great replacement, sure, but he's not your franchise guy. You trade for Bynum, you're Indiana. A team with a sub-par franchise player.

Hell, Thad Young, Speights, and Iguodala sounds a whole hell of a lot better to me.
nerd.gif
Nick Young, McGee, Blatche, Josh Howard? Steph Curry, David Lee, Dorrell Wright? Hell since you're considering Bynum, how about Oden, Gearld, and Batum, or Wes? Perkins, Harden, and Thabo? Hey Bhz will like this one... Marc, Battier, and Arthur.

roll.gif

What? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Maybe I'm just crazy
There ya go

Sorry to about changing the subject, but I was on RealGM and saw something about Ibaka possibly playing the Spanish National Team in 2012.
It was reported that Ibaka was very close to getting Spanish naturalization and playing for Spain. 

Rubio / Calderon
Navarro / R. Fernandez
Suarez / Claver
Pau / Fran Vasquez
Marc / Ibaka 

eek.gif

BTW...Marc + OJ +whoever from the bench/picks for Dwight. 
pimp.gif

What options?

Okay they can have Jameer Nelson too.
pimp.gif

They are good player that have cap space. And?

What else?

Odom is nice, but he's not worth trading for on a building team.

Bynum is injury prone, and what kind of asset is that, really?

Nuggets still made the Playoffs, and did pretty well in the regular season.

The Magic wouldn't.

BTW...Marc + OJ +whoever from the bench/picks for Dwight.

That's better than Bynum/Odom.
laugh.gif

And it works in whatever kind of twisted fantasy that CP is dreaming of.

Marc, OJ, Darrell. Done.

Billups back.

Keith Smart won't return.

I like how Marc has raised his value in the playoffs. You have to ask yourself, would you rather take that big of a risk getting Bynum for a SUPERSTAR than getting a for sure thing in Marc? 
OJ may be able to blossom in Orlando and what good is Odom going to do you with their current team and no Dwight? Not to mention, OJ is on his rookie deal and there should be no doubt that a 26-yr old Marc can play well with his new deal.

I'll be willing to do OJ/Marc/Battier. I believe they would much rather have Henry though since he's the youngest player in the league and has potential.

Conley/TA/Gay/Zbo/Dwight 
pimp.gif

What options?

Okay they can have Jameer Nelson too.
pimp.gif

They are good player that have cap space. And?

What else?

Odom is nice, but he's not worth trading for on a building team.

Bynum is injury prone, and what kind of asset is that, really?

Nuggets still made the Playoffs, and did pretty well in the regular season.

The Magic wouldn't.
What in the @#$%.......I wish there was a way to type slowly to help people understand better. 

NOT FOR ORLANDO.  Odom and Bynum don't have to be for ORLANDO in terms of options.  They can RE-FLIP them elsewhere, pick up MORE OPTIONS, more picks, more money, more young players, whatever you want.  Do you get that? 

You are Orlando.  I give you Odom, Bynum, 3 first rounders, $$$, another contract if you want one, whatever.  Here, take Ebanks as young talent. 

YOU, want to move Odom to a contending team elsewhere.  Pick one.  Take a pick for him, and another young player.  Maybe $$, whatever. 

You don't like Bynum?  Ok, you move him too, to say, the Knicks.  Get whatever you can from them.  Think the Knicks wouldn't take on Bynum? 
nerd.gif
  Young player, a pick (might have to be a year or two in the future) and maybe a role guy. 

Now, you are in 2013 now.  You have a payroll that is low, tons of cap space, you have MULTIPLE draft picks all over the place (not very good ones from LA, maybe a decent one for LO, maybe a decent one for Bynum) and then of course you aren't very good now, so a top 3-5 one of your own for the next year or two.  You have maybe 2-3 young guys that are ok, you keep them or you get rid of them, your call.  You have what now?  Assets.  Money.  Cap space.  You go hard for players that you covet to re-build your team.  Hell, ya know what, consider yourself the Memphis Grizzlies from 3 years ago.  You are starting over, with lots of money and picks to build from within.  Sign 1 or 2 solid players, nail 1-2 draft picks, and welcome to being a young talented team to fight with. 

Do you understand that logic?  Or are you still wondering why Orlando hasn't called you offering Dwight for Tyson Chandler which you would probably turn down. 

laugh.gif
 Not shouting, was typing big so he could actually read and comprehend a little.  Like I said, he's probably working on a Caron, Haywood, for Dwight, J-Rich, JJ, and Bass deal as we speak, so he's getting confused. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I had a friend that said they wouldn't do Marc, OJ and anyone else outside of the starters for Dwight from a MEMPHIS standpoint.
indifferent.gif

Who the hell are you going to sign outright in 2013 that is worth a damn?

This leagues future is Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Wade, Rose, CP3, Blake, Dwight.

Who you going to pry away without a team there?

Did Bron go to Miami when there was no one there? Of course not, Wade was there.

Great, options, fantastic. Odom and Bynum, oh joy what can we get for that?

Call up NYK? You want Jared Jeffries, Douglas, and Bill Walker for Odom or Bynum? Damn, those are some GREAT assets. The Knicks ain't got NO kind of assets after giving them all to Denver.

Ebanks? Really? I could give you 50 prospects better than fricking Ebanks.
laugh.gif

What's the best you'll get for Odom? Another all-star that still won't give you any kind of help? What a Manu Ginobili type? David West? Okay, that's cool, but what's that do for Orlando?

They won't be getting any kind of Blake's or Wall's for those two, because the Lakers would do it.

Why flip assets around, when you can go straight to the source of what you want?

I'm sorry but give me Marc, OJ, and Darrell Arthur.

laugh.gif
 Not shouting, was typing big so he could actually read and comprehend a little.  Like I said, he's probably working on a Caron, Haywood, for Dwight, J-Rich, JJ, and Bass deal as we speak, so he's getting confused. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Nope, but I like the sound of Marc, OJ, and Darrell a LOT better than Bynum/Odom. You got a guy who can score and create his shot. You got a really good, young center who ISN'T injury prone, and you got a super-athletic PF who can do work on both ends.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Proshares

Well, there goes that discussion.

C'mon, why can't a fan of a soon-to-be-non-existent-franchise dream a little bit
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
 Not you man.

I knew this was where this discussion was heading.  Another Skip/Screamin A-esque showdown.

Who the hell are you going to sign outright in 2013 that is worth a damn?

This leagues future is Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Wade, Rose, CP3, Blake, Dwight.

Who you going to pry away without a team there?

Did Bron go to Miami when there was no one there? Of course not, Wade was there.

Great, options, fantastic. Odom and Bynum, oh joy what can we get for that?

Call up NYK? You want Jared Jeffries, Douglas, and Bill Walker for Odom or Bynum? Damn, those are some GREAT assets. The Knicks ain't got NO kind of assets after giving them all to Denver.

Ebanks? Really? I could give you 50 prospects better than fricking Ebanks.
laugh.gif

What's the best you'll get for Odom? Another all-star that still won't give you any kind of help? What a Manu Ginobili type? David West? Okay, that's cool, but what's that do for Orlando?

They won't be getting any kind of Blake's or Wall's for those two, because the Lakers would do it.

Why flip assets around, when you can go straight to the source of what you want?

I'm sorry but give me Marc, OJ, and Darrell Arthur.

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Nope, but I like the sound of Marc, OJ, and Darrell a LOT better than Bynum/Odom. You got a guy who can score and create his shot. You got a really good, young center who ISN'T injury prone, and you got a super-athletic PF who can do work on both ends.

laugh.gif
  Ok, I'm done trying to explain to you.  I said NY as an example, I didn't say you have to trade Bynum there.  It's the first team I thought of, need me to go thru the other 28 for you to get an idea or what? 
laugh.gif

And I didn't know no more talent was gonna come into the league in the next 2-3 years, and that at some point more contracts will come up, like Wall or Blake or whoever, and you could be in a position to go after someone of the ilk. 

Marc, OJ, and Arthur sounds good....do they come near the 20 mil or whatever to make the deal work money wise for Dwight?  That I don't know, but if they do, that is a good deal.

I think Dwight could stay in Memphis if that team was still stacked with youth and talent.  I don't think it's that far fetched. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Where would CP3 and Dwight potentially be together?  
4405290575_6917d6ea79.jpg

No one is talking about Boston either in 2012. As of now, they only have Pierce and Rondo under contract.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

30t6p3b.gif
Yall actin like Dwight would actually STAY in memphis

What difference does it make if your team can win multiple championships? He can live where ever the hell he wants to live outside of the season. During the season, it wouldn't really matter. At least he wouldn't have to share the spotlight like he would in LA or NY.
CP, Marc would more than likely be a sign and trade if it happened. In all honesty, the only way I do it is if Dwight signs a long-term deal. It would look really stupid for Memphis to make that trade and Dwight only stays 1 year. Not sure if Memphis would give them Arthur either being that he's their only other big. I see Henry or Sam being added though with picks. If Memphis could get Bass back then possibly.

Is that Disneyworld? I can't tell
frown.gif

You gotta imagine Rondo gets a bit of a raise to counter w/e paycut PP would get.

Marc, OJ, and Arthur sounds good....do they come near the 20 mil or whatever to make the deal work money wise for Dwight? That I don't know, but if they do, that is a good deal.

This is what my point was. I was throwing out random names without looking at numbers, but offers LIKE this sound much more attractive to me than Odom/Bynum.

And yes it works out. OJ is 5.6, Marc is up after this year but he's only 4 million, and Darrell is 2 million.

I like Boston as well. That seems to be a great place for him actually if he wanted to leave via free agency. I'm guessing they keep Green as well. 
Marc with a new deal would be around $10-12M. Add in OJ's salary and Arthur and it would be pretty close. In all honesty, I know Dwight wouldn't come to Memphis. I'm not even sure if Orlando or Memphis would attempt to talk to each other. Knowing our front office, they are happy with what we have and I am too. I just think if you have the opportunity to add a top 5 NBA player, you should at least call.

Uh, that's only 11 mil.  Dwight will be like 18-20, you need to be closer. 

Bynum+Odom is 24
Dwight and Jameer is 25. 

Roughly.  Sure there's some money I'm missing in there somewhere. 

Back
Top Bottom