OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Enough about this Dwight to LA nonsense

The Magic would let him walk before that happens.
Ehh, if they got Bynum, Odom + draft picks in return I'm not so sure
ohwell.gif

I want to see Dwight and join forces with CP3/D.Will.

You think they'd want that or would they prefer Noah, Deng + picks?

nerd.gif
Uhhh, you serious right here? 

You think the Magic would want to pick up 60 million for Noah, and 35 million for Deng? 
ohwell.gif
   That's NINETY FIVE million there man.  Give or take. 
laugh.gif

When they could get Bynum and Odom for 25, and hold the options as to re-signing them or not, or moving them along for more peices? 

Orlando's my favorite team outside of the Timberwolves (aka, if the T'Wolves were ever contracted, I'd be a Magic fan), so I'm hoping Dwight stays where he is.

I know Deron Williams just came out a couple weeks ago and said he's open to a contract extension with the Nets, but to be honest I think it's more likely that he would join Dwight in Orlando than the other way around.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Enough about this Dwight to LA nonsense

The Magic would let him walk before that happens.
ohwell.gif

Are you out of your mind? Do you really think the Lakers would trade TWO of their big men (which is what makes them such a good team) AND draft picks for what basically is a slightly better Bynum? Ok, more than just slightly, but you know what I mean. Bynum is only 23 and Kobe will be gone soon. The Lakers are NOT going to let him go. 
The Lakers are already the best team in the league. What the hell would they do that for? That would be one of the stupidest trades in NBA history.

Let the grown folks talk for a minute fella.  Maybe take some time, re-think what you just said.  Come back later maybe. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

ohwell.gif

nerd.gif

You think the Magic would want to pick up 60 million for Noah, and 35 million for Deng? 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

When they could get Bynum and Odom for 25, and hold the options as to re-signing them or not, or moving them along for more peices? 

You remember who the GM is?  He's definitely not opposed to taking on money regardless of the size of the contract
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness not trying to bash the Lakers or say that the Bulls deal is that much better.  You offer up Bynum who (playing good the last couple months) is still injury prone and Odom.  Against Noah who does everything Bynum does but is only behind Love for best passing big man and Deng who has really come on for the Bulls on both sides of the ball this year, they have to at least consider taking Chicago over LA.

I know, I know it's too early to talk about so Bulls/Magic/Lakers fans who are ready to kill us for talking about this go back to your threads
smile.gif

Appreciate it 
pimp.gif

I would either like to see Dwight join forces with CP3 or go to NY so I can see a Melo/Amare/Howard frontline. I'll love to see what the Lakers frontline think about that. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

You remember who the GM is?  He's definitely not opposed to taking on money regardless of the size of the contract
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness not trying to bash the Lakers or say that the Bulls deal is that much better.  You offer up Bynum who (playing good the last couple months) is still injury prone and Odom.  Against Noah who does everything Bynum does but is only behind Love for best passing big man and Deng who has really come on for the Bulls on both sides of the ball this year, they have to at least consider taking Chicago over LA.

I know, I know it's too early to talk about so Bulls/Magic/Lakers fans who are ready to kill us for talking about this go back to your threads
smile.gif

95 million dollars for 2 guys that won't win you any titles, or 25 million for 2 guys that won't win you any titles?  I'm goin with the lesser of two evils.  At worst, they flip Bynum and Odom elsewhere.  A vet team would give up something to get Odom, and a rebuilding take a chance team would offer something for Bynum.  And that's provided the Magic don't want either of them.  That's a lot of assets, and free money to use to rebuild within 2 years of trading their elite Center.  Not a bad way to start. 

Or give 95 for 2 decent players, have no flexibiltiy or other assets to use and get bounced in the first round every year.  Oh, and Dwight stays in their conference. 

So yeah, as much as I am positive they hate our guts for Shaq and 09, we're a better option then Chicago would be. 

Dub, Allen said last night something similar.  Offer Pau.  But I don't know if Dwight and Bynum could play together.  Neither of them is a fit at the PF imo.  Bynum + Odom I live with, but Odom + Pau I don't think I could handle.  We would STILL have the cloud of Bynum's knee hanging over us every year. 

I might be alone on it, but I think a healthy Bynum is the most underrated player/presence in the league. Mostly because of the drought of true centers that exist, but still. Guy takes so much crap even when healthy, I'll never understand it.
We would STILL have the cloud of Bynum's knee hanging over us every year. 
yeah, pretty much why you have to keep Pau in the end. can't play the if game with Bynum if you want to squeeze a final run out of Kobe.

Put me in the camp that wants to see a Dwight/Cp3 tandem.

....Lebron really started a bad trend.

I hate you Lakers scumbags talking about oh give up so and so for Dwight, then go grab Russell Westbrook or CP3.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I'm sticking to my guns CP but you're right about keeping him in the conference. I didn't factor that in before.

Where would CP3 and Dwight potentially be together?

Melo, Fields and Chauncey for Dwight. Win/Win baby.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I might be alone on it, but I think a healthy Bynum is the most underrated player/presence in the league. Mostly because of the drought of true centers that exist, but still. Guy takes so much crap even when healthy, I'll never understand it.
We would STILL have the cloud of Bynum's knee hanging over us every year. 
yeah, pretty much why you have to keep Pau in the end. can't play the if game with Bynum if you want to squeeze a final run out of Kobe.

Put me in the camp that wants to see a Dwight/Cp3 tandem.

....Lebron really started a bad trend.

I've been saying for a while now, when the kid is healthy, you know, those 11 minutes a year he feels good, he's the second best center in the league.  Just nobody knows it.  A, cuz of Kobe and Pau, B cuz we limit his minutes BIG time cuz we're scared to death of him. 
laugh.gif
  Total China doll.  I keep hoping he grows up and gains some strength and doesn't get hurt so easily, but who knows. 

Sorry JA.  But I'm being honest, the Dwight deal, is the Melo deal all over again.  Everyone knows it's coming, rumors will fly, rumors will be made up, in the end, same result as the Melo deal.  He went where we all knew he was going. 

Well, we kind of all thought CP3 would get traded, or that Kobe was going to get traded to the Bulls/Knicks, but it fell apart. Or the numerous Amare-> Cavs rumors.

I hold this rumor to the same extent I hold K. Love-> OKC.

Pipe dream for them, I doubt they can make it a reality.

And honestly, I don't see why someone would want the tandem of Bynum+Odom.

Pau+Odom? Okay now we're talking. But with Bynum and Odom, what are you going to get? You don't have a go-to guy (especially if Dwight leaves). You don't have a guy that can put up 20 a night (Gil? Odom? Jason Richardson?). You have a guy who's been injury prone since the minute he stepped foot in the NBA, for the most dominant force outside of LeBron?

Bynum is not a huge asset as he once was. I'd almost be more inclined to take on Roy Hibbert.

Ehhh. I guess you could bring up the Shaq deal, but even then I think a young LO and Caron Butler were very strong pieces, I guess you could equate it to Odom/Bynum, but I just don't know man... I just think it would take a lot more.

And you start talking about another great PG, get the hell outta here.
laugh.gif

CP3/Dwight, I'd be very excited about though.
nerd.gif

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd be more interested if I were the Magic in getting a core like Daye/Monroe/Stuckey back for Dwight than Bynum/Odom. Odom can't be THE guy, and Bynum is a great replacement, sure, but he's not your franchise guy. You trade for Bynum, you're Indiana. A team with a sub-par franchise player.

Hell, Thad Young, Speights, and Iguodala sounds a whole hell of a lot better to me.
nerd.gif
Nick Young, McGee, Blatche, Josh Howard? Steph Curry, David Lee, Dorrell Wright? Hell since you're considering Bynum, how about Oden, Gearld, and Batum, or Wes? Perkins, Harden, and Thabo? Hey Bhz will like this one... Marc, Battier, and Arthur.

Bynum/Odom are great where they are, but look what Pau did with a subpar team before he came to LA. Not much. Now you got two guys who can produce maybe 25-30 points together, provide some good length and defense, with the rest of that cast of chuckers in ORL? Ew.

I don't see any reason why teams would trade a player where they want unless the team they're trading him to is the absolute best offer.

I could definitely see a Tyreke/Thornton/Dwight combo
eek.gif
maybe sign an enforcer at the 4 to help out with Dwight, a couple shooters, a legit pg to back up Thornton/Evans, a vet leader or two (Cardinal??), trade for Budinger so we have a solid swingman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Would I be outta bounds if I said DMC>Bynum in terms of trade value.... I mean Cousins' bad att and Bynum's knees pretty much cancel out. But Cousins still has enormously untapped potential.........

Westbrook is more explosive than AI

Well, there goes that discussion.

C'mon, why can't a fan of a soon-to-be-non-existent-franchise dream a little bit
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Not sure if srs. Because I am part idiot, part bad on picking up sarcasm.

Welp I'm off to my first day of saving lives, wish me luck yall
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom