OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I feel like this years Draft is going to be like the trade deadline x2.
ohwell.gif

Same here... The draft looks real weak this year so Im sure a lot of teams are looking to make deals instead. Can't really blame them.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

And what direction is that?
He better hope the direction is towards 15 new players.

That team is a train wreck.

To rebuild in all honesty. They traded crash to get picks, expirings, to free up cap room. The front office doesn't want to be a 7th or 8th seed year in and year out. He has said that in 3 years Charlotte should be a top 3 team in the east, meaning Michael is going to go hard after cp3 and dwight. He wants to build a winner, and part of the reason we have some of these guys who are overpaid with terrible contracts is because Larry was so in love with them. This draft is huge for the franchise and im not sure if any moves will be made in free agency this offseason. If MJ has a plan I believe Cho can execute it, Higgins should've been gone from gm a few seasons ago.

Mavs’ repeat hopes start with inking Chandler

Writers tend to try to place every sports accomplishment within a broader context. It is interesting, then, to think about what the Mavericks’ title run tells us about the alleged “multiple superstar

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

0612-dwight-howard-608.jpg

Dwight Howard says he's not happy with the collective personality of Orlando's roster.

Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE via Getty Images

[h1]Howard: I want to stay, but I'm still becoming a free agent[/h1]
By Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com
Posted Jun 13 2011 9:23AM

TREVISO, Italy -- Dwight Howard reaffirmed his desire to stay with the Magic, but told NBA.com on Monday that he will definitely become a free agent rather than sign an extension in the next year and also left open the possibility he would reconsider his future in Orlando if the team does not win the title next season.

Speaking during a break at the adidas Eurocamp as part of a tour of the continent for the shoe company, Howard joked with reporters at a news conference and appeared in good spirits.

In a one-on-one interview afterward, though, he made it clear he is not happy with the collective personality of Orlando's roster and that changes need to be made. The same message, he said, was delivered to owner Rich DeVos and CEO Bob Vander Weide in a meeting last week that included Howard sharing thoughts on everything from personnel to fan involvement and arena atmosphere at home games.

Your browser does not support iframes.

"I want to win a championship," the All-Star center said. "I think the owners have to really know that. That's been my goal and my mission since I've been in the NBA -- to win a championship. I don't have side goals or agendas. My main goal is to win a championship. I want to have 14 other guys who feel the same way."

Asked if the Magic have that now, he said, "It's off and on. Sometimes guys are there whole-heartedly and then sometimes I've had teammates allow people getting in their ears and things like that effect the way that they play and approach the game."

Howard said he did not tell DeVos and Vander Weide specific roster moves he wanted to see.

"I just told them, 'We've got to have guys who are going to play hard 48 minutes and who are going to battle the other team, who are going to fight night in and night out for a championship,' " he said.

The topic would be pressing enough with a large payroll and a first-round playoff loss. Management cannot be happy, either, with the early exit two years after winning the Eastern Conference crown. That the face of the franchise is expected to opt out of the final season of his contract and become a free agent in summer 2012 makes the alarm sound even louder.

The Magic have a two-year extension on the table, the longest deal they can offer under the Collective Bargaining Agreement that expires June 30. Howard made it clear Monday, though, that he will become a free agent and not sign an extension.

"There's no other place I'd rather be besides Orlando," he said. "As of right now, that's my home. I just want to stay in Orlando as long as I can.

"That's the truth. I don't have to keep things calm or anything. This is how I really feel in my heart. A lot of people want to see me go other places, but I want to stay in Orlando. I have a beautiful home there. There are beautiful people down there. My son is in Orlando. He's getting a lot older and I want to be there to see as many moments as I can of his life."

And if the Magic do not win the 2012 championship and the personality of the roster stays the same?

"Then things have to change," Howard told NBA.com.

Including your address?

"At the end of the day, as far as what I want to accomplish as a basketball player, to be one of the greats, you have to win championships," he said. "That's how I see it. I want to do that in Orlando, and hopefully we can get it done.... Everybody's asking me from the beginning of the season until today where am I playing in a year? Am I getting traded? I have no clue. As of right now, I want to be in Orlando."

Scott Howard-Cooper has covered the NBA since 1988. You can e-mail him here and follow him on twitter.

The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/06/13/dwight-howard-free-agency-future/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

he knows damn well they can't do a damn thing with the contracts they have on the books
laugh.gif

adios.

+!*% Y'all CP... With an AIDS infected Penis.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

He'll never escape Shaq's shadow if he goes there that's for damn sure
30t6p3b.gif

MJ should let Cho do his thing and have the team build through the draft and trade for quality role players and a good bench. Follow that OKC format.

CHA is not getting CP3 or D12

We should all know Dwight's leaving. Why sign a 2 year extension? not sure he's going to LA anymore.

Dwight to LA = Tired of seeing LA with great big men + following Shaq
Dwight to NJ/BK = One of my favorite players on one of my most disliked teams + same town as my team
Dwight to CHI = I kill myself

Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Dwight

That's where his jersey belongs, right up there with those guys.  Ya'll know it too. 

Pau would be perfect PF next to him, Kobe helps him on the outside, Ron would like havin Dwight back there, let's Ron be even more agressive. 

And when all those old guys are done and gone, LA can rebuild around Dwight.  Pressure's off him as long as they get another title, everybody wins. 

And a follow-up..

Dwight to BOS = I go on a murderous rampage much like Michael Douglas in Falling Down

Originally Posted by PMatic

Are we sure Dwight wants to be in Derrick's shadow?

Boozer + Noah for Bass + Dwight works.

Sign JR Smith.

Pooh, Swish, Deng, Gibson, D12. I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I would shed a tear of happiness if this happened.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by PMatic

Are we sure Dwight wants to be in Derrick's shadow?

Boozer + Noah for Bass + Dwight works.

Sign JR Smith.

Pooh, Swish, Deng, Gibson, D12. I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I would shed a tear of happiness if this happened.

Because you don't want to see Dwight in LA. 

Guys guys, just like Bobby Knight said, why fight it?  Just simply lay back and enjoy it.  You have no choice anyways. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

MJ should let Cho do his thing and have the team build through the draft and trade for quality role players and a good bench. Follow that OKC format.

CHA is not getting CP3 or D12

You think that if chris is considering playing back at home that he's not gonna talk dwight into coming with him? He doesn't need a major market when his brand is all over the state and his family can watch hum play every night. When he plays against charlotte he buys 200 plus tickets and you don't think his family isn't saying it'd be nice to watch you play more than once a year? A top jordan brand guy playing for michael, he would market the hell out of him.Im not saying it'll happen at all but there are alot of things to consider and I wouldn't count charlotte out when it comes to chris.

Back
Top Bottom