OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Dwight to CHI = I kill myself

You're a good dude NYK loyalties aside but I'd consider your departure a casualty of war and live with it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Do you just trade Dwight?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by PMatic

Are we sure Dwight wants to be in Derrick's shadow?

Boozer + Noah for Bass + Dwight works.

Sign JR Smith.

Pooh, Swish, Deng, Gibson, D12. I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I would shed a tear of happiness if this happened.

Because you don't want to see Dwight in LA. 

Guys guys, just like Bobby Knight said, why fight it?  Just simply lay back and enjoy it.  You have no choice anyways. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He'd be a real live fairy to go there. REAL LIVE.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by PMatic

Are we sure Dwight wants to be in Derrick's shadow?

Boozer + Noah for Bass + Dwight works.

Sign JR Smith.

Pooh, Swish, Deng, Gibson, D12. I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I would shed a tear of happiness if this happened.

Because you don't want to see Dwight in LA. 

Guys guys, just like Bobby Knight said, why fight it?  Just simply lay back and enjoy it.  You have no choice anyways. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No, I could care less about LA. The thought of the team that I just threw together excites me more than Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard.

Don't lie - take your purple and yellow shades off for a second and look at what I posted. Don't tell me that it doesn't look fun as hell.

University of Nike wrote:

No, I could care less about LA. The thought of the team that I just threw together excites me more than Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard.

Don't lie - take your purple and yellow shades off for a second and look at what I posted. Don't tell me that it doesn't look fun as hell.

Has nothin to do with purple and yellow shades.  Of course it looks nice, but does it look REALISTIC? 

A, have to settle down JR, which is dicey. 
B, WHY, WHY would Orld want Noah and Booz for like 100 million?  They can take Bynum and Odom for a year, and then flip them elsewhere, or keep them, or drop them, THEY would have the options to use.  The team.  Not the players, the team.  The team got NO options paying 2 average players 100 million dollars.  NONE.  But they do have options taking Bynum and Odom.  They can do 10 different things with those 2 guys. 

Which seems more logical? 

Do they really want Bynum & his knee issues/LO with his age tho?
That's my whole point, they get to decide.  They get them for a year to look at, do we keep and build, do we trade one, do we trade both, do we just let them walk?  They can choose what they want based off what they see with their own eyes, in practice, games, locker room, own doctors, etc etc.  THEY have the option on BOTH contracts. 

They don't have a single option with Boozer and Noah, they simply owe them a bunch of money for the next 5 years.  No wiggle room, no decisions to be made, nothing. 

And IF Bynum goes the Big Z route and learns to keep his body healthy, and they flip Odom for other pieces (since Odom is older) then they simply move on with Bynum as their center, and more cap room to move around and build.  Can't do any of that with the 2 guys from Chicago, no way no how. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That's the biggest thing for me.
nerd.gif
But they'll only get Boozer and his contract and Noah as great as he is on defense, struggled to score in the playoffs.  AND not get rid of any of their bad contracts in the process?  I think that trade needs a little more.  But, I do agree Chicago gives him the best shot to win.

Unless they want Melo
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

That's my whole point, they get to decide.  They get them for a year to look at, do we keep and build, do we trade one, do we trade both, do we just let them walk?  They can choose what they want based off what they see with their own eyes, in practice, games, locker room, own doctors, etc etc.  THEY have the option on BOTH contracts. 

They don't have a single option with Boozer and Noah, they simply owe them a bunch of money for the next 5 years.  No wiggle room, no decisions to be made, nothing. 

And IF Bynum goes the Big Z route and learns to keep his body healthy, and they flip Odom for other pieces (since Odom is older) then they simply move on with Bynum as their center, and more cap room to move around and build.  Can't do any of that with the 2 guys from Chicago, no way no how. 

If my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

I've been waiting to used that for some time now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  But anyway... the chances of that happening are about as grand as Iverson coming back to the association.  You & I both know this to be true.

I do, which is why I'm ok with moving him for Dwight.  If Bynum was healthy, if I could be told 75 games a year from here on with that kid, I wouldn't trade him for more than a handful of players in the league.  7 footers that can do everything at 7 feet are RARE.  My only issue is I am tired of the cloud over our heads that he gives us.  If he went to ORLD and beasted, I would be very happy for the kid.  I think he's going to be VERY good, IF he learns to stay healthy.  When he has been healthy for us, he's shown what he can do, but he gets overshadowed by Kobe and Pau. 

I do, which is why I'm ok with moving him for Dwight.  If Bynum was healthy, if I could be told 75 games a year from here on with that kid, I wouldn't trade him for more than a handful of players in the league.  7 footers that can do everything at 7 feet are RARE.  My only issue is I am tired of the cloud over our heads that he gives us.  If he went to ORLD and beasted, I would be very happy for the kid.  I think he's going to be VERY good, IF he learns to stay healthy.  When he has been healthy for us, he's shown what he can do, but he gets overshadowed by Kobe and Pau. 

That's because they're beasting for 78+ games a season yr in & out... he has his moments where he plays ofr 15-20 games and does some work I won't take that away... but he then there goes those knees again. Then you have to worry about where his head is at after that whole JJ Barea situation.  There's one thing to bring a nut in when you have a veteran group & a coach who can contain him there's another thing to bring him into present day Orl.

Originally Posted by DubA169

funny thing is jum buss won't even do the trade

This Makes Me Happy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

funny thing is jum buss won't even do the trade
He will, or I'll kill him.  

If Orlando was honestly on the phone, Jim would have NO choice.  NONE.  Laker nation would ruin his life if he passed up Dwight Howard.  It would get ugly, quick.  And I would go to jail. 

That's because they're beasting for 78+ games a season yr in & out... he has his moments where he plays ofr 15-20 games and does some work I won't take that away... but he then there goes those knees again. Then you have to worry about where his head is at after that whole JJ Barea situation.  There's one thing to bring a nut in when you have a veteran group & a coach who can contain him there's another thing to bring him into present day Orl.
Not sure if you caught the SI article on him a while back, but the kid is like a rocket scientist or some @#$%.  Builds computers and takes apart ferraris and all kinds of weird stuff.  Reads the books Phil gives him, he's just a sponge for information.  But he was also one of the few young guys to speak his mind when we were getting beat.  Pau over here shrugging and crying like Brendan Frasier's sensitve self in Bedazzled, while Bynum was like this is @#$%^&*(.  He was wrong for hitting Barea, but he was one of the few that actually cared about getting beat.  Handled it the wrong way, but the kid is a bright bright guy.  Just acted dumb in that instance.  And he has before.  He's like 23, and in his 6th year of the NBA. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Knee worries, yes, mind worries, not so much.  Unless it relates to that knee. 

Dub, I will send Jim pictures of me holding a gun and a pitchfork, he'll get the message. 
laugh.gif

If Dwight is smart he signs somewhere that already has another young star locked and loaded to pair with him...

I don't go into a situation where the roster is loaded with me and a bunch of dudes on the downside of their careers... Go to Jersey with Deron. Go somewhere with CP3. Go somewhere that you know you're set for the length of your contract with another legitimate all-star and let the other stuff work itself out.

All that garbage about he belongs in LA... Knock it off, CP.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

MJ should let Cho do his thing and have the team build through the draft and trade for quality role players and a good bench. Follow that OKC format.

CHA is not getting CP3 or D12
You think that if chris is considering playing back at home that he's not gonna talk dwight into coming with him? He doesn't need a major market when his brand is all over the state and his family can watch hum play every night. When he plays against charlotte he buys 200 plus tickets and you don't think his family isn't saying it'd be nice to watch you play more than once a year? A top jordan brand guy playing for michael, he would market the hell out of him.Im not saying it'll happen at all but there are alot of things to consider and I wouldn't count charlotte out when it comes to chris.
Why would Chris consider coming back home when after the Decision he went complaining to NO managament for a change because he wants to win? I agree that CP3 is gone but I HIGHLY doubt it is to Charlotte. Especially what you're offering is playing at home and trying to convince Dwight to play with you. Look at that roster. I don't believe even after those two additions they'd be able to win it all.

I don't think CP3 leaving or Dwight for that matter has much to do with marketing. They'll both get they're money either way.

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, how did we get unstickied?  Put us back!!!!  H3at, change the thread title to offseason 2011. 

Sticky this back up.  We ain't goin nowhere. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom