OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
@ Hank bumping.

CP I had asked earlier but it would be funny if Buss doesn't event want to do the trade and just anoint Bynum LA's next great big man. From the team standpoint the made up LA deal does make more sense. I think Dwight would want more done in LA though like getting CP3 or Deron.

That Bulls deal is ridiculous. All the pros for Chi and nothing for Orl in return but a bum and a defensive big with a weird shot.

Hope Dwight teams up with Deron though. I'm really interested in where those 2 land. $!$# em if they go to the Nets though.

CP3 and Dwight go somewhere together they're not that far off, man...

Will they do what the Heat did and make a Finals appearance Year 1? Probably not. But those two dudes right there playing together would be unreal.

Since yall touched on Charlotte... If you can pull those two together you can build around that very, very quickly especially when you've got almost no money committed past next year.

If Tyrus Thomas is ever healthy, you're getting nothing in the paint with him and Dwight on the floor together. And them two running with CP? Yikes.

It's impossible to speculate on their situations right now having no idea what is going to happen with the CBA and salaries and the cap... Too many variables to have any idea.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Do they really want Bynum & his knee issues/LO with his age tho?
That's my whole point, they get to decide.  They get them for a year to look at, do we keep and build, do we trade one, do we trade both, do we just let them walk?  They can choose what they want based off what they see with their own eyes, in practice, games, locker room, own doctors, etc etc.  THEY have the option on BOTH contracts. 

They don't have a single option with Boozer and Noah, they simply owe them a bunch of money for the next 5 years.  No wiggle room, no decisions to be made, nothing. 

And IF Bynum goes the Big Z route and learns to keep his body healthy, and they flip Odom for other pieces (since Odom is older) then they simply move on with Bynum as their center, and more cap room to move around and build.  Can't do any of that with the 2 guys from Chicago, no way no how. 

yup exactly

They're not going to keep LO under any circumstances if they make that trade. He won't want to stay there and they won't (shouldn't?) want to keep him.

The question is whether or not they want to build around Bynum. Even if he were healthy the whole year, one year shouldn't convince you one way or the other... You pretty well know what you're getting if he's healthy but expecting him to stay healthy long-term is stupid. You've gotta accept that risk whether he gave them 82 games the first year or not.

The question is, is he good enough to warrant it? Do you build around Andrew Bynum with the expectation that he misses 15 or 20 games a year or is something else out there good enough that you'd rather go that route?

They'll have a decision to make, and I don't think keeping Dwight is an option... I think someone else beats what the Lakers can do.

First off-season move?
laugh.gif

The Sacramento Kings today extended a qualifying offer to Marcus Thornton, making him a restricted free agent, according to Kings’ President of Basketball Operations Geoff Petrie .

Press Release from the Kings
Good move. Although the Heat should go after someone like that and get rid of Chalmers and etc.
grin.gif

For one guys orlando is not going to take boozer unless we're getting arenas in return, which i'd probably still do, but if and when we do trade for D12 the deal would probably be more along the lines of--

Noah, deng, gibson, maybe asik and draft picks which we have a lot of for--
D12, turk, and maybe reddick or some other piece--

What people don't understand is if they trade him, they also have to deal with the PR that comes with it, so they're going to want a denver nuggets type deal where they'll be ok, to trade him to the lakers for a young center with chronic knee problems and LO would be the worse worst PR move they could make especially considering they would be trading him to the team they lost shaq to, I don't see that happening.

The nets could give them lopez, but what else? They're going to want more than one guy, and the Nets gave up their tradeable pieces and picks for Dwill, and its unknown if Dwill even wants to stay there, rumor is he wants to play for the knicks, and if d12 doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle he'll be on a 2nd fiddle team whether they move to ny or not, that area is all about the knicks.

The knicks simply don't have the pieces, but it won't matter amare, and d12 aren't compliments anyway, besides chris paul will probably stay true to what he told melo at his wedding since they're bff's he'll keep his word, if not they steal dwill

The mavs are going to keep their team becuz they feel they can repeat and they have depth, if they lost to miami I could see them trying to get d12.

Clippers don't have anything, they're not giving up gordon or bg and bg and d12 aren't compliments, maybe if they kept that pick

Honestly, we have the best chips to get D12, a good young center who played well until the injured thumb, and who also played at florida so that works from a PR stand point, Deng is a good SF, who is a good defender which svg wil love.
Gibson is good rebounder and defender with starter potential he'll only improve and we have a bunch of picks to give, so it works and drose is selfess enough where I don't think there will be chemistry or personality problems

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

MJ should let Cho do his thing and have the team build through the draft and trade for quality role players and a good bench. Follow that OKC format.

CHA is not getting CP3 or D12
You think that if chris is considering playing back at home that he's not gonna talk dwight into coming with him? He doesn't need a major market when his brand is all over the state and his family can watch hum play every night. When he plays against charlotte he buys 200 plus tickets and you don't think his family isn't saying it'd be nice to watch you play more than once a year? A top jordan brand guy playing for michael, he would market the hell out of him.Im not saying it'll happen at all but there are alot of things to consider and I wouldn't count charlotte out when it comes to chris.
Why would Chris consider coming back home when after the Decision he went complaining to NO managament for a change because he wants to win? I agree that CP3 is gone but I HIGHLY doubt it is to Charlotte. Especially what you're offering is playing at home and trying to convince Dwight to play with you. Look at that roster. I don't believe even after those two additions they'd be able to win it all.

I don't think CP3 leaving or Dwight for that matter has much to do with marketing. They'll both get they're money either way.

The organization is going to have flexibility and ALOT of money to play with. Off the top of my head the only players that we have committed to after next year are jack, Tyrus, and maybe Diop. We may have small money owed to a guy like dj white and we'll have options to keep a guy like Henderson. That's the big thing though with Charlotte, the roster is going to be a complete overhaul by then. They can build the team around Chris and Dwight.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The Heat should go after someone like Marcus Thornton?
He is an obvious upgrade over any guard off the bench for them right now. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a Terry-like player off the bench themselves. Now I just question his defense, but I am pretty sure it isn't as bad as Bibby's or House's. Young and cheap. Not ideal, but better than what they have right now off the bench.   

Heat might also be interested in Sammy D, but obvious financial reasons why it will be tough to sign him.

i dont see how they can get him, hes not gonna be exactly cheap IMO a lot of teams will be interested which will drive up the price for the Heat.

i still cannot beileve the best player in the world could not win it all with the second best player and chris bosh on the same team...

Originally Posted by SnapNPop

The mavs are going to keep their team becuz they feel they can repeat and they have depth, if they lost to miami I could see them trying to get d12.
If the Mavs could get Dwight and increase the likelihood of a repeat, they'd do it in a heartbeat...

But we've got no pieces to give anyone right now without someone still loving Roddy B or just taking a salary dump.

Depending on the CBA, the Mavs should re-sign Tyson Chandler. Deshawn Stevenson and J.J. Barea are interesting though. Stevenson made shots and played solid defense throughout the playoffs and Barea is the only guard on the Mavs that can consistently get to the hole. However, the Mavs should not overpay for either one. Especially given that they have Corey Brewer and Roddy Beaubois waiting on the bench, who can give similar contributions. Also, keep in mind that I think Deron Williams would listen to signing with the Mavs next summer. Do the Mavs re-sign their guys for another run at the title, which could hamper their future 2-3 years down the line or do they take a step back for a year and hope to bank on Williams (or any another star)? Should be very interesting to watch from afar. 

i think the mavs should try and get dh because as it stands the mavs have nothing as far as young future talent after this group goes downhill.... once the core is done its back to losing seasons... same goes for lakers and all the other teams...

The Mavericks really have nothing they could want though, unless we take on heavy contracts, but I think that's just a big headache to try and match salaries.

Not happening, not even considering. It'd be nice, sure, but not happening.

I heard a shocking stat on ESPN earlier; since 1999, 9 teams have come out of the East since the Bulls.

Knicks, PackersPacers, Sixers, Nets, Pistons, Heat, Cavs, Celtics, Magic.

In that same period, only the Spurs, Lakers, and Mavericks have made it out of the West.

Shocking stat, IMO.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Depending on the CBA, the Mavs should re-sign Tyson Chandler. Deshawn Stevenson and J.J. Barea are interesting though. Stevenson made shots and played solid defense throughout the playoffs and Barea is the only guard on the Mavs that can consistently get to the hole. However, the Mavs should not overpay for either one. Especially given that they have Corey Brewer and Roddy Beaubois waiting on the bench, who can give similar contributions. Also, keep in mind that I think Deron Williams would listen to signing with the Mavs next summer. Do the Mavs re-sign their guys for another run at the title, which could hamper their future 2-3 years down the line or do they take a step back for a year and hope to bank on Williams (or any another star)? Should be very interesting to watch from afar. 

Brewer sucks and well so does Roddy. hes nothing special at all. Barea>>>>>>>>Roddy.

Nah, but he was on the B.S. Report this afternoon with Bill Simmons.

Anywho:
Heat's Chris Bosh sued by the mother of his child

The mother of Chris Bosh's child is suing the Miami Heat star, alleging that Bosh prevented her from appearing on the reality show "Basketball Wives."

Allison Mathis, Bosh's ex-girlfriend, claims in a lawsuit filed Monday in Orange County Circuit Court that Bosh "intentionally, knowingly, maliciously and without justification interfered" in her employment, prompting the television show's production company to fire her. 

In early May, Bosh sued Mathis and Shed Media, the show's production company, alleging that they were trying to exploit her former relationship with Bosh for "commercial gain." 

Jane E. Carey, Mathis' attorney, released a statement that read: "Ms. Mathis was employed to appear on this season of the reality TV series "Basketball Wives." Chris Bosh is using his vast money and all of the power that comes from his wealth and celebrity to silence her."

C. Anthony Mulrain, one of Bosh's attorneys, said he had not seen the lawsuit that was filed on Mathis' behalf on Monday.

"I'm in no position to comment until I see the papers," Mulrain said.
Link

Back
Top Bottom