OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

vegas this weekend for me. leaving the girlfriend at home unlike both of you bums.
laugh.gif

guaranteed vag (for free) ftw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
 go to dodger stadium and you see a bunch of  nitchell and mess jerseys everywhere
from fernando to strawberry to piazza
and they all have a "hook up" that can get you any jersey for $80

mitchell and ness made a strawberry dodgers jersey?

Nah, I was referring to bootleg ones you see at the stadium. But I have a hook up who can get it for you for $70
laugh.gif

i got a hookup to get dodger authentics for $25   its called aj wright
laugh.gif

on ebay theres a seller, his ebay name is ptfsports    he has a bunch of mlb authentic overstock and it usually sells for dirt cheap. his stuff is legit though and i can vouch for that,  i've gotten alot of my mets stuff from there, but i won a grey road dodgers authentic,  the older style they wore from 1999-2006 for $20.50.   its funny how i can get legit stuff from him for $20-30 but the swapmeets want $80-100 for the bootlegs they sell.
Bro i've stocked up SO MANY jerseys from PTF. Even got my damn on field jacket from them too. Same for my Mexico Authentics . I've got like 8 jerseys total that I have to send to exclusivepro.com to get lettered
smokin.gif

Let's see when I get the money to do so. That was my offseason project and I didn't even get around to it. Too busy buying up kicks
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm still looking for an authentic blank dodgers road jersey, with Dodgers on the chest. I've come close.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I'm still looking for an authentic blank dodgers road jersey, with Dodgers on the chest. I've come close.

some dude had one on ebay that ended last night for $50,  i was watching it but forgot to bid.

cincoseisdos, im thinkin about sending the 99-06 road authentic i got comming in  to eps, but i can't think of a player to customize it with.   did matt kemp, loney, or ethier play on the team during 06 when they still wore the older style road jerseys.

They all played that year. They were just coming up. The only one that was a consistent starter was Russell.

Th infamous 4hr+1 game happened that year so the key cogs were JD Drew, Jeff Kent and Nomar.

Remember they still had double layered stitching and no names on the back.

yeah i remember that, it was double stitching on the back on those jerseys, i like the double stitching numbers on the back better then the single layer they wear now

Finally in front of my comp to post this atrocity.

"Authentic" Dodger jersey with Chicago Bears font...
laugh.gif

200972723351035868.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This and the home version have to be the most popular jersey at Dodger Stadium.  No BS.
sick.gif

cincoseisdos, im thinkin about sending the 99-06 road authentic i got comming in  to eps, but i can't think of a player to customize it with.   did matt kemp, loney, or ethier play on the team during 06 when they still wore the older style road jerseys.

I did a Loney one since he made his debut in 06 . JD Drew had the 7 so he's rockin the 29 on my jerseys
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I did a Loney one since he made his debut in 06 . JD Drew had the 7 so he's rockin the 29 on my jerseys
smokin.gif
Actually if you really want to !@%+ on people because I'm sure they will ask you, get a Loney jersey with #27
laugh.gif

If memory serves me correct, he actually made his debut wearing #27.  Then he got sent down, Matt Kemp was brought up and given #27.  Loney was called up again and given #29.

My friends hate me 'cause I know all this crap
eyes.gif

I still plan to make the trip.

I have to hit up Fenway and I don't want to see the Red Sox vs. [Insert Random AL team].  It would just mean more if the Dodgers are playing.

So yeah, still going.  Flights are fluctuating.  I've seen round trip from LAX to Logan from $274 to $362.

I will probably purchase my flight when I get back from Vegas on the 4th.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

cincoseisdos,im thinkin about sending the 99-06 road authentic i got comming in  toeps, but i can't think of a player to customize it with.   did mattkemp, loney, or ethier play on the team during 06 when they still worethe older style road jerseys.

smokin.gif
Actually if you really want to !@%+ on people because I'm sure they will ask you, get a Loney jersey with #27
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
I shoulda said I got both of em
laugh.gif

Who remembers him in spring training back in like 04 with that #71 though
smokin.gif

According to a Venezuelan newspaper  missing Dodger reliever Ronald Belisario "has missed three dates with the U.S. embassy for paperwork, which is the reason he has yet to report to Camelback Ranch."

eyes.gif

PMAC do not read...

Spoiler [+]
Tony Abreu batted leadoff for Arizona and took it to his former team with a single, triple and homer.

Iunno man, I wonder what level of frustration the organization has with him?

His DWI/DUI and now the issue of him lagging on the whole visa thing.

Cmon Bellisario we need you here.

Still deciding if I should go back to Vegas on Sunday, still got free rooms
pimp.gif

Honestly though, the $$ issues are not the biggest issue.

The Dodgers farm system when Ned was hired was abso ***%%+$ lutely ridiculous.

And it's not like Ned doesn't know how much money he has to spend. I just don't understand how incompetent you can be to trade Carlos Santana for 6 months of Casey Blake. And then the very next year trade the only viable 3B replacement you have to strengthen the best part of the team.

We don't have $$ to spend because Ned does %!%% like give away Delwyn Young for nothing just to keep Juan Castro on the roster and then ended up spending $2 Mil a year on Jamey Carroll who's older and worse.

It's one thing to not have $$, and it sucks that the McCourts don't have a bunch of it, but Ned is the one that's supposed to be at least somewhat responsible with it and he's been pretty much awful at saving $. That's the problem

Ned Colletti is not a good GM. Like many say, the dodgers are winning despite him.

He has a solid baseball operations staff. If it wasn't for Dan Evans and Logan White rebuilding the farm system we would still be in the doldrums of he 90's.

I give him credit for stealing Andre Ethier from the A's. However he has traded so e productive players for very little return. Edwin Jackson, Dioner Navarro, Delwyn Young, Tony Abreu, Carlos Santana, Josh Bell.

Xavier Paul, Lucas May will run out of options in 2011 along with some others.

well at least some good news...

from espn.

Former Griddle blogger Bob Timmermann passes along the news that bus service between Union Station and Dodger Stadium has been restored, according to Zach Behrens of LAist, thanks to a $300,000 grant from the South Coast Air Quality Management District.

Sore Elbow Sidelines Hong-Chih Kuo[h2] [/h2]
Eric_press_box_1_tiny.jpg
by Eric Stephen on Mar 13, 2010 6:19 AM PST in News
comment.v1599.png
5 comments

More photos » Mark Duncan - AP

Hong-Chih Kuo will miss his scheduled start in Taiwan Sunday, with a sore elbow

Browse more photos »

Last night's game in Taiwan was rained out, but the biggest news involved Taiwanese pitcher Hong-Chih Kuo.  Kuo was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with a sore elbow, not exactly the kind of homecoming Kuo wished for.  Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com said Kuo was very emotional when he told the Taiwanese press that he wouldn't pitch Sunday.

With Kuo's history, any type of injury always seems just around the corner, but this news is still troubling.  After Tuesday's outing in Arizona, Joe Torre was practically beaming about Kuo, even going so far to say, "It's nice to have him in a situation where you're not giving him special care."  Just four days later, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com used the words "shut down indefinitely" in his report of Kuo's injury, which is not exactly the type of phrase you would like to see. 

Kuo experienced the elbow soreness Tuesday and Friday, and told the trainers after Friday.  The real question is, did Kuo report anything to the trainers Tuesday?  Nope.  Per Gurnick:
Only four days earlier, Kuo was unhittable in his exhibition debut against Colorado with a pair of strikeouts in one perfect inning. But he said he felt soreness in that appearance and it bothered him again Friday during a bullpen session at Tienmu Stadium, after which he first reported it to the team trainers.

"I just found out today," said Torre.

Kuo downplayed the severity of his discomfort.

Shelburne reported "Torre and Kuo say they don't think it's anything major, just normal spring training soreness," but I find it hard to feel comforted with that news since Russell Martin said the same thing of his injury a week ago, a few days before it was announced Martin was out four to six weeks. 

The final game in Taiwan is scheduled for Saturday night at 10pm at Kaohsiung County Stadium.  Josh Towers, who was scheduled to pitch in last night's rained out game, will start in place of Kuo.

From Jackson:

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Dodgers reliever Ronald Belisario, who still hasn't reported to spring training because of visa problems in his native Venezuela, missed three appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Caracas, a Venezuelan newspaper reported Thursday. The purpose of those appointments was to help clear up the problems and expedite Belisario's travel to the U.S.[/color]

Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said he has been given no indication of when Belisario might show up or why he has missed the appointments.

"You would think that when you have the opportunity to make a living throwing a baseball, and the opportunity presents itself to pitch in the big leagues, support your family and build a career, that would be something you would pursue to the fullest,'' Colletti said.

Belisario posted a 2.04 ERA in 69 appearances as a rookie last season and would have been a lock for a bullpen spot if he had arrived on time, or anywhere close to on time.

Colletti reiterated his stance that the Dodgers are moving on without Belisario for now.

"I can't worry about things that I have zero control over or people I have zero control over,'' Colletti said. "If he shows, he shows. If he doesn't, he doesn't.''

All bad
alien.gif

I think Belisario will get the Will Ohman award this year.  I don't expect him to have the same year he had last season...that's if he shows up.

I just hope that Troncoso doesn't get the Cory Wade award
frown.gif

I don't even pay attention to an injury report involving Kuo
laugh.gif
.  Dude is lights out when healthy, unfortunately he can go down at any time.

Back
Top Bottom