2. New York Mets, $268 million
3. Boston Red Sox, $266 million
4. Los Angeles Dodgers, $247 million
5. Chicago Cubs $246 million

That's what happens when your owner is broke.  We came out "even"
laugh.gif
.  They say we are not on the Red Sox/Yankee level in revenue,
laugh.gif
.  That much revenue despite having a @@%*+% TV deal, imagine when it blows up in 2014.  I don't know how anyone can defend the McCourt ownership.

11th in payroll
smh.gif

Link will be back, they need to put Monastarios on the DL.
There is no point in putting Monasterios on the DL.  Might as well send him back, if he gets put on the DL, he can't play.  They don't want to lose him, but they can't send him to the minors.  If they want to keep him they will have to develop him with the big boys.  Putting him on the DL and shelving him for no valid reason, just to shelve him serves no purpose.  It will hinder his development.

tronscrappo
grin.gif

So you are suggesting we should DFA Troncoso to keep Link.....
roll.gif

*(That's what I'm getting from your poorly structured sentence.)

Saw that in the MLB thread, it just boggles my mind man. We're so damn close and we end up 11th in payroll
grin.gif

With Monastarios, Torre is so limited in situations to use him in. That makes him pretty much useless if Torre doesn't trust him.

He really needs a couple seasons in minor league ball to get his stuff right, I wonder if the Dodgers like him enough to purchase or submit an offer to the Phillies for the guy.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Can't believe nobody brought this info over:

Top Five Revenue Teams
1. New York Yankees, $441 million
2. New York Mets, $268 million
3. Boston Red Sox, $266 million
4. Los Angeles Dodgers, $247 million
5. Chicago Cubs $246 million

That's what happens when your owner is broke.  We came out "even"
laugh.gif
.  They say we are not on the Red Sox/Yankee level in revenue,
laugh.gif
.  That much revenue despite having a @@%*+% TV deal, imagine when it blows up in 2014.  I don't know how anyone can defend the McCourt ownership.

11th in payroll
smh.gif

Link will be back, they need to put Monastarios on the DL.
There is no point in putting Monasterios on the DL.  Might as well send him back, if he gets put on the DL, he can't play.  They don't want to lose him, but they can't send him to the minors.  If they want to keep him they will have to develop him with the big boys.  Putting him on the DL and shelving him for no valid reason, just to shelve him serves no purpose.  It will hinder his development.

tronscrappo
grin.gif

So you are suggesting we should DFA Troncoso to keep Link.....
roll.gif

*(That's what I'm getting from your poorly structured sentence.)

naw we shouldnt.. was just heated yesterday. all that garbage with 2 outs.  i just say let link stick around until he has a gaff. he pitched well, and im sure it was mostly on pure adrenaline due to it being his debut.  could he have gone one more inning? who knows.

and what about sherril? isnt he our 8th inning guy?

im a firm believer that pitching and defense wins games.  you cant score 9 and lose.  thats ******ed.  lets hope that sent a message to upper management.. but chances are nothing will happen.

saw this on espn...

[h3]Minor matter[/h3]
John Lindsey, the first baseman for the Dodgers' Triple-A Albuquerque affiliate, was named the Pacific Coast League's Batter of the Week for the first week of the season after batting .568 (25-for-44) in 10 games. He had a .612 on-base percentage. Lindsey, 33, is a Crash Davis-type character who is in his 16th season in the minors without ever having spent a day in the majors. He spent last season with Florida's Triple-A New Orleans affiliate but is back with the Dodgers' organization for the third time in the past four seasons. He hit a combined 56 home runs with 221 RBIs for the Dodgers' Double-A Jacksonville and Triple-A Las Vegas affiliates over a two-year period from 2007 to '08.

eek.gif
eek.gif

I was reading the LAT article on what Bills said post-game, saying his mechanics aren't off, he was throwing good pitches, he isn't lacking confidence.

I don't think he's acknowledging what's wrong, back to back starts vs the D'backs and Reds and he's struggled.

The dude from TBLA posted this:

BillingsleyBefore.gif
BillingsleyAfter.gif

On the left was Bills in April last year and on the right was last night's piss poor performance.

The obvious mechanical flaw is the leg kick, so much more power and force when he brings it up higher.

Today's lineup:

SS Furcal
CF Kemp
RF Ethier
LF Ramirez
1B Loney
3B Blake
2B DeWitt
C Martin
P Kuroda

Bright....I didnt watch the game of yours yesterday....is Billingsley's velocity down? Because mechanically, there isnt a direct correlation between a higher leg kick and throwing hard. I have been watching this gif comparison for the past few minutes, and to me, it looks like he is bending too much now and his pushoff is even harder now than last april (as evident by the follow through). He is standing more upright on the left than on the right and appears to be coming forward much harder on the right.

Just my 2 cents.....

An obvious difference that should immediately pop out at you is the higher leg kick on the left.  In early 2009, Billingsley stood tall throughout his motion, but yesterday he was almost crouching over in his motion.  The fact that he used to stay upright for much longer seems to have affected the way in which he approaches his release.  Since being more upright leads to his front shoulder being higher and his left knee not bending as much, Billingsley's motion used to take a more downhill plane.  I don't know if you guys can see it, but Billingsley seemed to be "pushing" the ball towards the plate yesterday instead of "reaching out" towards his target like he was early last year.

Another thing is that his tempo is now faster.  In the left picture, there are two more frames (0.1 seconds) during the leg lift phase, and then another two frames between the top of his leg lift and the point at which Billingsley begins to take the ball out of his glove.  I tried to synchronize it as best I could, but you can still see the difference if you look closely.  Anyway, the faster tempo of the current Billingsley isn't a bad thing in itself, but since there's a clear difference in balance point at the end of the motion, I think the faster tempo represents him rushing his mechanics, which could lead to all sorts of problems.

The good news?  Almost everything else is exactly the same.  There's frame by frame and inch by inch similarity in Billingsley's arm circle, arm position, and follow through, so it really seems to all stem from no longer standing tall throughout his motion.  It's not the height of the leg kick that is important, it's the fact that his front side isn't as aggressive toward the plate that messes things up.

Bills velocity seems about the same, didn't really pay attention cause he was pulled pretty quick
laugh.gif

He's just leaving everything right over the plate.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Billingsley continues downward spiral[/h2]
The Dodgers aren’t yet at a crisis point in their season. But Chad Billingsley has arrived at a critical moment in his career.

The pitching rubber can be a lonely place. And right now, the former All-Star looks lost.

Sometime during Billingsley’s latest woeful performance, the postseason hopes of the 2010 Dodgers ceased to be the primary concern. This is now a salvage effort for a not-long-ago stud pitcher, someone who stepped onto the mound in St. Louis after President Obama (and Tim Lincecum ) at last year’s Midsummer Classic.

Billingsley lasted only three innings in Tuesday’s 11-9 loss to the Reds. And this was the damage: seven hits, seven runs, four earned.

The three unearned runs came courtesy of a throwing error by – you guessed it – the Los Angeles starting pitcher.

A late rally by the Dodgers enabled Billingsley to spit the hook, before the Reds beat the bullpen. But let’s not fixate on the result of one game. The far more important statistic is 7.07.

That would be the right-hander’s ERA.

Dodgers manager Joe Torre has seen pretty much everything in 45 years of professional baseball. But even he can’t be too sure about what to do with Billingsley now.

Torre did say that the 25-year-old will make his next start. Beyond that? Your guess is as good as mine, his or anyone else’s.

Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt said Billingsley “is not the first pitcher to go through a couple bad outings, and he won’t be the last.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Hey, dudes.
When is your cheap %*% franchise going to call up Carlos?

He's raking in the Minors.

smh.gif
@ the Tribe for leaving Carlos in the minors so he wouldn't reach Super Two status.

The Honeycutt regime should have ended a couple seasons ago.

Torre just decided to keep him since he "knew" the staff.

Raffy
smokin.gif

This offense is serious.

Draft tomorrow
pimp.gif
. Let's see how the Raiders screw this up
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom