Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

so hype right now, found this pretty funny btw
laugh.gif

ateam.jpg

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

on a side note, i feel better about this purchase now. i woulda been kicking myself knowing i paid damn near retail for this if he were to have held out the season

How much did you pay for it and where?

i ordered a jets personzlied authentic on footballfanatics.com and turned it into a revis.  i had a coupon code so i ended up paying around $180.  if you sign up for their free membership  you get free shipping and 10% store credit towards any future purchase and you can stack any online coupon codes you can find for them as well on top of that.  i ordered a white revis from them this past friday,  the custom jerseys usually have a 2-3 week turnaround time but it's worth the wait.
Thanks for the info , i need a white Revis
pimp.gif
yea, im lookin forward to my white revis comming in.  im tempted to get a sanchez if i have some extra $ but i wanna see him do good early in the season first.
NFL.com will probably have a %20 or %25 off deal this coming weekend. They had it the last couple of opening weekends.

on a side note, i feel better about this purchase now. i woulda been kicking myself knowing i paid damn near retail for this if he were to have held out the season

How much did you pay for it and where?

i ordered a jets personzlied authentic on footballfanatics.com and turned it into a revis.  i had a coupon code so i ended up paying around $180.  if you sign up for their free membership  you get free shipping and 10% store credit towards any future purchase and you can stack any online coupon codes you can find for them as well on top of that.  i ordered a white revis from them this past friday,  the custom jerseys usually have a 2-3 week turnaround time but it's worth the wait.
Thanks for the info , i need a white Revis
pimp.gif
yea, im lookin forward to my white revis comming in.  im tempted to get a sanchez if i have some extra $ but i wanna see him do good early in the season first.
NFL.com will probably have a %20 or %25 off deal this coming weekend. They had it the last couple of opening weekends.

I fell asleep early last night, and a friend of mine called me six times and then finally texted me about the news. I woke up just now, read my phone and had this reaction on my face: 
98659287_crop_340x234.jpg

And J Steezzz, I sure hope he is. It looks promising. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/06/tony-richardson-could-rejoin-jets-as-soon-as-today/

Jets fans could have multiple reasons to be happy today, one week before the team opens the stadium it will share with the Giants.

Apart from the return of Darrelle Revis, the Jets are expected to bring back fullback Tony Richardson.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Richardson could be re-signing as soon as this afternoon.  (Actually, the source says that Richardson "should be" returning on Monday.)

We're in the process of figuring out why the Jets would need to cut Richardson for one day -- and why G.M. Mike Tannenbaum's comments about Richardson's release carried a strong whiff of finality:  "Each season, there are difficult choices when constructing the 53-man roster and this year is no exception.  We appreciate Tony's contributions and leadership over the past two seasons and have nothing but the highest respect for him as a person and as a player."

Many believed that the Jets were simply trying to avoid having to essentially guarantee Richardson's base salary of $855,000 by cutting him before Week One and bringing him back immediately thereafter.  The truth simply could be that with an influx of three new players via waivers on Sunday the Jets had to scramble to decide which player(s) to cut.  Any players with fewer than four years of service would have been subject to waivers.  Since Richardson is a vested veteran, he became a free agent.  Though other teams may have tried to sign him, no one had the ability to "claim" him against his will.

Our guess (and it's just a guess) is that the Jets opted not to cut one of their cornerbacks before finalizing the Revis agreement -- and that one of the six cornerbacks will be getting the heave-ho today so that Richardson can be re-signed.  Look for the Jets to get a short-term roster exemption for Revis, so that they can figure out in the next day or so who else needs to go so before activating Revis in time for Monday night.

I fell asleep early last night, and a friend of mine called me six times and then finally texted me about the news. I woke up just now, read my phone and had this reaction on my face: 
98659287_crop_340x234.jpg

And J Steezzz, I sure hope he is. It looks promising. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/06/tony-richardson-could-rejoin-jets-as-soon-as-today/

Jets fans could have multiple reasons to be happy today, one week before the team opens the stadium it will share with the Giants.

Apart from the return of Darrelle Revis, the Jets are expected to bring back fullback Tony Richardson.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Richardson could be re-signing as soon as this afternoon.  (Actually, the source says that Richardson "should be" returning on Monday.)

We're in the process of figuring out why the Jets would need to cut Richardson for one day -- and why G.M. Mike Tannenbaum's comments about Richardson's release carried a strong whiff of finality:  "Each season, there are difficult choices when constructing the 53-man roster and this year is no exception.  We appreciate Tony's contributions and leadership over the past two seasons and have nothing but the highest respect for him as a person and as a player."

Many believed that the Jets were simply trying to avoid having to essentially guarantee Richardson's base salary of $855,000 by cutting him before Week One and bringing him back immediately thereafter.  The truth simply could be that with an influx of three new players via waivers on Sunday the Jets had to scramble to decide which player(s) to cut.  Any players with fewer than four years of service would have been subject to waivers.  Since Richardson is a vested veteran, he became a free agent.  Though other teams may have tried to sign him, no one had the ability to "claim" him against his will.

Our guess (and it's just a guess) is that the Jets opted not to cut one of their cornerbacks before finalizing the Revis agreement -- and that one of the six cornerbacks will be getting the heave-ho today so that Richardson can be re-signed.  Look for the Jets to get a short-term roster exemption for Revis, so that they can figure out in the next day or so who else needs to go so before activating Revis in time for Monday night.

Very Happy Revis is back

Cedric -

I actually got the EQT revis at the stadium at the first pre-season game because it was mis-marked as a replica Jersey. I would NEVER pay stadium prices especially football but since those go for 110 at other retail stores and I got mine for 90.00 even, I'll take it.

Very Happy Revis is back

Cedric -

I actually got the EQT revis at the stadium at the first pre-season game because it was mis-marked as a replica Jersey. I would NEVER pay stadium prices especially football but since those go for 110 at other retail stores and I got mine for 90.00 even, I'll take it.

So Revis' agent caved a lot or those initial offers were fake? What are the entire terms of the contract? 7 years, X guaranteed and Y overall?

So Revis' agent caved a lot or those initial offers were fake? What are the entire terms of the contract? 7 years, X guaranteed and Y overall?

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Very Happy Revis is back

Cedric -

not bad at all $90 is a good price considering revis jerseys have been in demmand and hard to somewhat hard to come by.  the team store in the stadium is nice though, way better then the 1 or 2 small team stores they had at the old stadium.  i seen where the jerseys were and how they had the jets in the front and when the giants have a game they flip the racks around so that the giants jerseys are showcased
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Very Happy Revis is back

Cedric -

not bad at all $90 is a good price considering revis jerseys have been in demmand and hard to somewhat hard to come by.  the team store in the stadium is nice though, way better then the 1 or 2 small team stores they had at the old stadium.  i seen where the jerseys were and how they had the jets in the front and when the giants have a game they flip the racks around so that the giants jerseys are showcased
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom