**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

I'm pretty sure Peja has more money coming off the books (yeah less reason for them to trade him) but regardless him coming off our books would still give us cap space instead of being over the cap for the next 4 years.

New ESPN rumor.

Hawks might give up josh smith to make room for shaq.

I don't want the knicks to get interested, Josh smith contract is disgusting. Signed a 5 yr 58million back in 2008.

New ESPN rumor.

Hawks might give up josh smith to make room for shaq.

I don't want the knicks to get interested, Josh smith contract is disgusting. Signed a 5 yr 58million back in 2008.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm pretty sure Peja has more money coming off the books (yeah less reason for them to trade him) but regardless him coming off our books would still give us cap space instead of being over the cap for the next 4 years.
Wait whaaat?

Why would the Hornets just give away Paul and then throw away an asset of THEIRS for you guys?

It makes so much less sense to get Peja involved. The Hornets are not trading Paul without getting rid of one of their ugly contracts. Peja is not an ugly contract.

And why in the hell would the Hawks give up Josh Smith to get Shaq?
sick.gif

Wait whaaat?

Why would the Hornets just give away Paul and then throw away an asset of THEIRS for you guys?

It makes so much less sense to get Peja involved. The Hornets are not trading Paul without getting rid of one of their ugly contracts. Peja is not an ugly contract.

sick.gif

Josh Smith would do best on a team competing for a ring. Boston might look in to him.

Those CBA article were right. Small market teams are looking to dump any big contracts not to get screwed in the future. If an ESPN rumor has any credibility to it.
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wait whaaat?

That's why I originally asked if we would be getting more cap space if we hypothetically got Peja in that trade and to ignore why NO would even include Peja in that deal
laugh.gif

I threw that scenario out there just in case they might package him with Posey (instead of Okafor) + Paul and that their new GM isn't that smart.

I'd rather have Posey than Okafor.

Josh Smith would do best on a team competing for a ring. Boston might look in to him.

Those CBA article were right. Small market teams are looking to dump any big contracts not to get screwed in the future. If an ESPN rumor has any credibility to it.

Wait whaaat?

That's why I originally asked if we would be getting more cap space if we hypothetically got Peja in that trade and to ignore why NO would even include Peja in that deal
laugh.gif

I threw that scenario out there just in case they might package him with Posey (instead of Okafor) + Paul and that their new GM isn't that smart.

I'd rather have Posey than Okafor.

Wait whaaat?

sick.gif

Looking for championship material i guess?

Wait whaaat?

sick.gif

Looking for championship material i guess?

Chris Paul has yet to formally request that the Hornets trade him, but will do so during a scheduled meeting on Monday, according to a source.

The meeting will include new general manager Dell Demps and new coach Monty Williams.

New Orleans president Hugh Weber has maintained throughout the ordeal that the team has no plans to trade Paul.

However, Paul's agent, Leon Rose, continues to gauge interest from teams regarding his client.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Paul's camp claims that no leading destinations have been established.

Via Times-Picayune

blah blah blah blah blah.

Chris Paul has yet to formally request that the Hornets trade him, but will do so during a scheduled meeting on Monday, according to a source.

The meeting will include new general manager Dell Demps and new coach Monty Williams.

New Orleans president Hugh Weber has maintained throughout the ordeal that the team has no plans to trade Paul.

However, Paul's agent, Leon Rose, continues to gauge interest from teams regarding his client.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Paul's camp claims that no leading destinations have been established.

Via Times-Picayune

blah blah blah blah blah.

With an Eastern pro personnel director. "Chris Paul has to be out of New Orleans. You figure if New Orleans is looking for young players and cap relief, then the Knicks can't do it because they don't have any assets. Orlando has assets. The Blazers could send them a package of Andre Miller and Nicolas Batum and other guys. Maybe Dallas sends them Rodrigue Beaubois and Caron Butler

http://sportsillustrated....own/1.html#ixzz0uj4Fq9Ty

laugh.gif

With an Eastern pro personnel director. "Chris Paul has to be out of New Orleans. You figure if New Orleans is looking for young players and cap relief, then the Knicks can't do it because they don't have any assets. Orlando has assets. The Blazers could send them a package of Andre Miller and Nicolas Batum and other guys. Maybe Dallas sends them Rodrigue Beaubois and Caron Butler

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

laugh.gif

What Knicks roster is this guy looking at?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

The guys rumored to go in a trade to Orl for CP3 aren't even young assets.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

laugh.gif

What Knicks roster is this guy looking at?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

The guys rumored to go in a trade to Orl for CP3 aren't even young assets.

Randolph isn't an asset anymore because he put on a knicks jersey. i've also noticed many more people bashing Amar'e since he signed with the knicks. he went from a top free agent to a brittle bag of bones that can't put his stamp on a game.

whatever if we make the playoffs we won't get bashed anymore. And if we are, well at that point at least we will be proved right about the whole media hates the knicks theory.

Randolph isn't an asset anymore because he put on a knicks jersey. i've also noticed many more people bashing Amar'e since he signed with the knicks. he went from a top free agent to a brittle bag of bones that can't put his stamp on a game.

whatever if we make the playoffs we won't get bashed anymore. And if we are, well at that point at least we will be proved right about the whole media hates the knicks theory.

[h1]Circumstances Make Paul To Magic Unlikely[/h1]Jul 25, 2010 6:53 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
The Magic might be on Chris Paul's wish list, but they don't sound very confident of landing him in the near future.

Orlando isn't convinced that New Orleans will be forced into trading Paul and they aren't keen on taking on the contract of center Emeka Okafor.

"Much ado about nothing," is how Magic coach Stan Van Gundy Saturday described the reports of his team being linked to Paul.

"We are only involved in this story because someone said he wants to be traded and someone said he wants to come to Orlando," Van Gundy told FanHouse Sunday. "It's a New Orleans and Chris Paul story."

Magic general manager Otis Smith dismissed the reports as "rumors."
Originally Posted by Spectacular23

So this is pretty much over

what was the worst and best signing during this yr free agency?
If you meant for the Knicks then i think it's Felton and Randolph.

I like what the Bulls did with Boozer and Korver, and potentially McGrady.... if he's healthy. They got what they needed.

[h1]Circumstances Make Paul To Magic Unlikely[/h1]Jul 25, 2010 6:53 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
The Magic might be on Chris Paul's wish list, but they don't sound very confident of landing him in the near future.

Orlando isn't convinced that New Orleans will be forced into trading Paul and they aren't keen on taking on the contract of center Emeka Okafor.

"Much ado about nothing," is how Magic coach Stan Van Gundy Saturday described the reports of his team being linked to Paul.

"We are only involved in this story because someone said he wants to be traded and someone said he wants to come to Orlando," Van Gundy told FanHouse Sunday. "It's a New Orleans and Chris Paul story."

Magic general manager Otis Smith dismissed the reports as "rumors."
Originally Posted by Spectacular23

So this is pretty much over

what was the worst and best signing during this yr free agency?
If you meant for the Knicks then i think it's Felton and Randolph.

I like what the Bulls did with Boozer and Korver, and potentially McGrady.... if he's healthy. They got what they needed.

Back
Top Bottom