**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by BangDak

I dont see any point in Rudy (although i really like his game) with both Gallo and Rautins here. We have more then enough shooters.

And, am i the only one feeling weird seeing an empty knicks offseason title?
laugh.gif
Azubuike's knee injury is serious and we don't know if he'll be the same and Rautins hasn't showed much at all so far. Last thing we need to is to have an unproven 2nd round rookie that's been shooting crap in the summer leagues (I know, it's the summer league, but Rautins was horrible) to be our 2nd 3 pt shooter. Not to mention if Azubuike is still feeling the effects of the knee injury we don't have a true 2, and our only proven shooter would be Gallo, and he can't play the whole game the whole season.

No to Shannon coming to NYC

Not a good shooter or stellar ball handler...good defender and athlete..

No to Rudy coming to NY...

He can stretch the floor and is a good athlete but he's a bit wiry...he's probably a better ball handler than advertised but i think he's a better fit for the Bulls. They need a dynamic two like him.

I'm comfortable with our guards though I'd prefered Sergio was resigned...

Douglas is a great defender and can get his....Walker is tough, can play behind the three point line and can play in the post , Azu is better than advertised and can score...and then there's Wil who probably just needs a better left hand...his midrange game is good enough

No to Shannon coming to NYC

Not a good shooter or stellar ball handler...good defender and athlete..

No to Rudy coming to NY...

He can stretch the floor and is a good athlete but he's a bit wiry...he's probably a better ball handler than advertised but i think he's a better fit for the Bulls. They need a dynamic two like him.

I'm comfortable with our guards though I'd prefered Sergio was resigned...

Douglas is a great defender and can get his....Walker is tough, can play behind the three point line and can play in the post , Azu is better than advertised and can score...and then there's Wil who probably just needs a better left hand...his midrange game is good enough

Sergio had a qualifying offer of $2.8M

We're better off with Felton / Douglas.. Even though i liked how Sergio played, got alot of steals. Didnt really see all the negative things ppl were saying about him on the Kings.

Maybe dude just didn't wanna b there.. Just like with Rudy in POR now

Sergio had a qualifying offer of $2.8M

We're better off with Felton / Douglas.. Even though i liked how Sergio played, got alot of steals. Didnt really see all the negative things ppl were saying about him on the Kings.

Maybe dude just didn't wanna b there.. Just like with Rudy in POR now

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

roll.gif
at the vids...
smh.gif
re-opened some old wounds though

Steph and Isaiah have some of the funniest body language

Steph: how do you get an assist?
Reporter: a player makes a basket off of your pass

Steph; well, now that we cleared that up. *kanye shrug*

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

roll.gif
at the vids...
smh.gif
re-opened some old wounds though

Steph and Isaiah have some of the funniest body language

Steph: how do you get an assist?
Reporter: a player makes a basket off of your pass

Steph; well, now that we cleared that up. *kanye shrug*

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

From what ive read, Buike should be back and healthy by training camp. Worse case scenario, back by AS weekend.

From what ive read, Buike should be back and healthy by training camp. Worse case scenario, back by AS weekend.

No way POR trade Pryzbilla right ?[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

No way POR trade Pryzbilla right ?[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

It that's the case just leave the roster alone. Wilson and Buike at the 2 is just fine. An 8 man rotation of:
Amare/Turiaf
Anthony/Amare
Gallo/Wilson
Wilson/Buike
Felton/Douglas

Not to mention we still have bigs in Barron (who played well at the end of the season) and Timmy. And will still have Walker, Fields, and Rautins past that rotation. I love that roster and rotation I don't wanna touch anything at this point.

It that's the case just leave the roster alone. Wilson and Buike at the 2 is just fine. An 8 man rotation of:
Amare/Turiaf
Anthony/Amare
Gallo/Wilson
Wilson/Buike
Felton/Douglas

Not to mention we still have bigs in Barron (who played well at the end of the season) and Timmy. And will still have Walker, Fields, and Rautins past that rotation. I love that roster and rotation I don't wanna touch anything at this point.

Didn't he turn down a contract offer?

Edit Found it

The Knicks were hoping to sign Earl Barron to a rest-of-season contract that included 2010-11 for no guaranteed money, but that was turned down. Barron's agents think he might be able to get a better deal in the summer, which is why only a contract for the last few days of the season will be signed today. The Knicks do have interest in signing him once they've exhausted all their cap room this summer.

"He's a guy I'd say we'd be comfortable with. The only reason we're not doing it now is we don't know what the situation is going to be, what the cap is, what our situation will be as to how much (cap room) we have left and who we're going after," Knicks president Donnie Walsh told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan Sunday.

Earl's agent knows that someone will want to pay this big man, who has been averaging 11.8 pts and 11.7 boards in six games, bigger, guaranteed money.  They probably also know that he has a better chance of starting on a team where a big man is appreciated. D'Antoni wants a more athletic big to start, maybe alongside Lee, maybe, which suggests that Barron would be a reserve and hostage to D'Antoni's whimsical eight man rotations. You Go Earl.

He turned it down cuz it wasn't guranteed...

Didn't he turn down a contract offer?

Edit Found it

The Knicks were hoping to sign Earl Barron to a rest-of-season contract that included 2010-11 for no guaranteed money, but that was turned down. Barron's agents think he might be able to get a better deal in the summer, which is why only a contract for the last few days of the season will be signed today. The Knicks do have interest in signing him once they've exhausted all their cap room this summer.

"He's a guy I'd say we'd be comfortable with. The only reason we're not doing it now is we don't know what the situation is going to be, what the cap is, what our situation will be as to how much (cap room) we have left and who we're going after," Knicks president Donnie Walsh told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan Sunday.

Earl's agent knows that someone will want to pay this big man, who has been averaging 11.8 pts and 11.7 boards in six games, bigger, guaranteed money.  They probably also know that he has a better chance of starting on a team where a big man is appreciated. D'Antoni wants a more athletic big to start, maybe alongside Lee, maybe, which suggests that Barron would be a reserve and hostage to D'Antoni's whimsical eight man rotations. You Go Earl.

He turned it down cuz it wasn't guranteed...

I remember he took an extension from his ten day instead of a 2 year with us. I don't know, I hope he's back. Turiaf's heart problems could leave us with Curry as the back up. And Timmy and Jordan might not be ready.

I remember he took an extension from his ten day instead of a 2 year with us. I don't know, I hope he's back. Turiaf's heart problems could leave us with Curry as the back up. And Timmy and Jordan might not be ready.

I'm not okay with hoping Azubuike is 100% healthy or entertaining worse case scenarios. Players like that never work out for us and what makes it worse is it lessens their trade value if they aint playing i.e. Curry.

And speaking about him he shouldn't even be considered to be playing this season either. I hope D'Antoni benches him.

I'm not okay with hoping Azubuike is 100% healthy or entertaining worse case scenarios. Players like that never work out for us and what makes it worse is it lessens their trade value if they aint playing i.e. Curry.

And speaking about him he shouldn't even be considered to be playing this season either. I hope D'Antoni benches him.

Back
Top Bottom