**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

[h1]Knicks Won't Bring Back Earl Barron[/h1]Sep 07, 2010 5:14 PM EST

The Knicks are not expected to bring Earl Barron back as the fourth center on their roster, according to Alan Hahn of Newsday.

Barron appeared in just seven games for New York last season.

They have Eddy Curry, Ronny Turiaf and Russian rookie Timofey Mozgov on the depth chart and aren't in the market for another center.

Does this ahve anything to do with Timofey Mozgov in FIBA?

still hope he's good enough to start.. so we could have a tall defensive lineup... minus Amare

[h1]Knicks Won't Bring Back Earl Barron[/h1]Sep 07, 2010 5:14 PM EST

The Knicks are not expected to bring Earl Barron back as the fourth center on their roster, according to Alan Hahn of Newsday.

Barron appeared in just seven games for New York last season.

They have Eddy Curry, Ronny Turiaf and Russian rookie Timofey Mozgov on the depth chart and aren't in the market for another center.

Does this ahve anything to do with Timofey Mozgov in FIBA?

still hope he's good enough to start.. so we could have a tall defensive lineup... minus Amare

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nyk[/h3]
[h3]New York Knicks[/h3]
Players: Al Harrington, Danilo Gallinari and Amare Stoudemire

Legends: Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson and John Starks

Harrington's free-agent defection to Denver, like the aforementioned trade involving Courtney Lee, came too late for Al to be removed from the Knicks' roster on the Wii version and replaced by a lefty we can't resist: Anthony Randolph. The consolation here: New York has three legends -- more than any other team -- along with Amare. And who doesn't want to see Ewing and Orlando pupil Dwight Howard go at it?

let's get it
pimp.gif

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nyk[/h3]
[h3]New York Knicks[/h3]
Players: Al Harrington, Danilo Gallinari and Amare Stoudemire

Legends: Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson and John Starks

Harrington's free-agent defection to Denver, like the aforementioned trade involving Courtney Lee, came too late for Al to be removed from the Knicks' roster on the Wii version and replaced by a lefty we can't resist: Anthony Randolph. The consolation here: New York has three legends -- more than any other team -- along with Amare. And who doesn't want to see Ewing and Orlando pupil Dwight Howard go at it?

let's get it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

ya'll need Knix tickets, lemme know...my boy works for their promo team and I could just holla at him.
"Wait, wait, wait, last thing, last thing. I'm also gonna need that extended warranty on it for the price of... on the house. Hmm? 

just kidding, but seriously though.

ya'll need Knix tickets, lemme know...my boy works for their promo team and I could just holla at him.
"Wait, wait, wait, last thing, last thing. I'm also gonna need that extended warranty on it for the price of... on the house. Hmm? 

"Knicks must get a 3rd team involved. He's losing his patience with them."

according to stephen A smith

so sick of this. hope SAS is wrong. everyone is on his *%%! after he got the miami story correct weeks before it happened.

"Knicks must get a 3rd team involved. He's losing his patience with them."

according to stephen A smith

so sick of this. hope SAS is wrong. everyone is on his *%%! after he got the miami story correct weeks before it happened.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Mo, it looks like they are going through the pictures now and commenting on them with the contact info. [email protected] seems to be the person we need to hit up.
I contacted that e-mail already, no reply. I also hit the Knicks Twitter and they said to @reply to them again if I didn't get a message on Facebook. So I replied a few minutes ago, waiting on their reply.

Mo, it looks like they are going through the pictures now and commenting on them with the contact info. [email protected] seems to be the person we need to hit up.
I contacted that e-mail already, no reply. I also hit the Knicks Twitter and they said to @reply to them again if I didn't get a message on Facebook. So I replied a few minutes ago, waiting on their reply.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I just got a message on FB and I got the Washington tickets so you should get one soon. The Knicks and John Wall!

Originally Posted by viiheaven

I just got a message on FB and I got the Washington tickets so you should get one soon. The Knicks and John Wall!

"You somebodies %**@% wearing that %**@% tie."

roll.gif

"You somebodies %**@% wearing that %**@% tie."

roll.gif

But there is already a logjam in the frontcourt, when you consider Amar'e Stoudemire and Anthony Randolph are also candidates to play minutes at the five. With a more compelling issue to address in the backcourt (mainly the SG spot), the Knicks at this point are not expected to reach out to Barron even for a camp invite. Newsday
Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov, AR can play (PF, C) at times, and Curry will probably get arrested again..

I don't think we have too much PF/C's. But overall i think we're a deep team.

Spoiler [+]
C - Mozgov - Curry
PF - Amare - Turiaf
SF - Gallo - AR - Fields - Azubuike - Ewing JR
SG - Chandler - Mason - Walker
PG - Felton - Douglas - Rautins

alot of 3's.. We can move AR to C or PF, 6'10-6'11
grin.gif

But there is already a logjam in the frontcourt, when you consider Amar'e Stoudemire and Anthony Randolph are also candidates to play minutes at the five. With a more compelling issue to address in the backcourt (mainly the SG spot), the Knicks at this point are not expected to reach out to Barron even for a camp invite. Newsday
Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov, AR can play (PF, C) at times, and Curry will probably get arrested again..

I don't think we have too much PF/C's. But overall i think we're a deep team.

Spoiler [+]
C - Mozgov - Curry
PF - Amare - Turiaf
SF - Gallo - AR - Fields - Azubuike - Ewing JR
SG - Chandler - Mason - Walker
PG - Felton - Douglas - Rautins

alot of 3's.. We can move AR to C or PF, 6'10-6'11
grin.gif

In D'Antoni's offense, Wilson can play some 4 with Amar'e @ the 5. I really don't expect Amar'e to star @ the 4 unless Mosgov is a big surprise. Eddu sucks and AR is too skinny. Turiaf can only play so many minutes, and he's not huge either.

Hell, I'm not even considering Eddy.

I'm excited to see PE Jr finally make the team.
pimp.gif

Gallo's growth this year should be fun to watch too with an actual threat down low hopefully drawing double-teams. I expect to see a lot more driving from Gallo.

Hope Wilson can stay healthy all season.

Maybe we can actually pull off the SSOL offense this year. A lot of young/athletic guys. Perfect team for D'Antoni.

Back
Top Bottom