Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

smh.gif

For those that got an inflated sense of belief in this squad because of the hot start, what are your thoughts now that our weaknesses are beginning to get exposed.

Hitter is just the same as last year.

Bullpen is worse than last year.

Originally Posted by What up

For those that got an inflated sense of belief in this squad because of the hot start, what are your thoughts now that our weaknesses are beginning to get exposed.

so damn true
smh.gif

for a team that will be in a ton of close games due to the ineptitude of their offense, that last sentence will be the nail in the coffin for this team.
I know it's wayyyyyy too early to be throwing the white flag, but man, these last few games have been brutal...I really #*%!%*% hate bochy, sabes, and bow tie...un nuevo ano, pero la misma mierda

and how much of the blame should molina shoulder? whose calling these pitches?
talk about retaliation....eckstein been deserved some pitches to that little monkey head of his...I hate that little *+@***

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I've seen this game before
indifferent.gif
This. Bowker can't get a start over Velez/Torres?

[h1]Sabean: Giants' Madison Bumgarner was 'ill-prepared' this spring[/h1]
By Andrew Baggarly

[email protected]

Posted: 04/19/2010 09:23:59 PM PDT

Updated: 04/19/2010 10:51:36 PM PDT

Sabean: Bumgarner was 'ill-prepared' this spring

SAN DIEGO — Conspiracy theories abound as to why left-hander Madison Bumgarner suddenly became so hittable at Triple-A Fresno.

According to Brian Sabean, there is nothing physically the matter with the 20-year-old. But the Giants' general manager provided a frank assessment of where things went off track for the heralded prospect.

"It's this simple: He was preoccupied this winter and it cost him," Sabean said. "He had personal stuff to straighten out, getting married, and he was ill-prepared to come into spring training. I don't know how much he threw to get ready.

"Some of it is our fault because we didn't track him as well as maybe we should. We've got to do a better job eyeballing that."

After an unimpressive spring in which he lost the No. 5 job in the rotation and struggled to hit 90 mph, Bumgarner got hit hard in his first two starts for Fresno, giving up 11 runs and 21 hits in seven innings.

"To compete as a major league pitcher, you can't be in catch-up mode," Sabean said. "He's still in the throes of that. He's still in spring training mode, and Triple-A is not forgiving. The (Pacific Coast League) is a hitter's league, it always has been, and if you make mistakes you won't be forgiven."

Sabean said vice president and pitching guru ##%@ Tidrow spent time with Bumgarner over the weekend to help tweak his mechanics. The session appeared to pay off.

Bumgarner rebounded with a much better effort Monday, holding Portland to three hits and two runs (one earned) in six innings. According to Fresno broadcaster Doug Greenwald, the scoreboard radar gun had Bumgarner's fastball consistently in the low 90s, topping out at 93 mph.

"Because of how he throws across his body, it's a timing thing, like a hitter with a hitch in his swing," Sabean said. "When he's in sync, he's throwing downhill. He hadn't done that.

"Right now, he's got three things against him: His slow start, the mechanical issues and the pressures of Triple-A. But he's a good athlete and a good talent and he'll figure it out."

Sabean said the organization remains high on Bumgarner because of the way he buzzed through the low minors.

"Oh, you have to be," Sabean said. "In a lot of ways, this will be good for him. It'll toughen him up and teach him some humility, and teach him how you approach the job on a year-round basis."

I don't believe the bullpen is worse than last year. Runzler, Mota > Howry, Miller.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by chris82790

am i the only one who is bothered by this? i mean our starting center fielder gets hit in the face and is put on the DL and we do not do anything about it, something is wrong about that.
it was written that the consensus in the Giants clubhouse after Fridays game that Padillas pitch wasn't intentional.
IMO, that shouldnt matter at all.  Intentional or not, something needed to be done about it, and nothing was.  When Cain drilled David Wright in the head, he did the classy thing by calling the hospital to check up on him.  I doubt Padilla did that.  Someone needed to have been drilled in the series as retaliation, and no one was.  UNACCEPTABLE.

No Padilla didn't check on him. Call me soft but I didnt really feel retaliation was needed. I don't think it was on purpose, however it would have been nice to see a little concern from Padilla and maybe check on him after the game. (I'm not sure how true this is but I heard when he was with Texas last year he contracted swine flu and didn't tell anyone) If thats ture I don't think checking on Rowand ever crossed his mind.

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Latos SD
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.19[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.22[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.41[/td][/tr][/table]

So supposedly a "big but not huge player (popularity wise)" is supposed to be suspended for PEDs in the next day or two, and reports are it is a National League pitcher.

prays.jpg

Be a Dodger.....be a Dodger.....

So supposedly a "big but not huge player (popularity wise)" is supposed to be suspended for PEDs in the next day or two, and reports are it is a National League pitcher.

prays.jpg

Be a Dodger.....be a Dodger.....

laugh.gif

The two Giants that fit the profile of what has been reported that I am worried about are Cain and Wilson.

The two Giants that fit the profile of what has been reported that I am worried about are Cain and Wilson.

I was thinking Cain too , but I think he's a upper-high profile guy, no?

If it's a dodger let it be Russ Ortiz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I was thinking Cain too , but I think he's a upper-high profile guy, no?

If it's a dodger let it be Russ Ortiz
laugh.gif

I've read "semi-big" and "big but not huge" in regards to the player's popularity.  I would think Cain fits that.  He isnt a huge star, but is fairly popular.  
And didnt you guys just cut Ortiz?  

Back
Top Bottom