Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

What would be your guys' ideal lineups with the pieces we have now? I mean, I wish we would bring up Posey right now, and he would instantly be a top five bat on this team. Hopefully this puts Bochy on the hot seat, at the very least.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Originally Posted by chris82790

has a team ever lost to an opponent with only ONE hit? well this team is about to do it!
this is a new low...I'm looking at my tixs for saturday's game and I feel disgusted that I even contributed 1 cent towards this sorry %#+ franchise..no mas....about to work on my FIRE SABEAN sign
I cant take it no more...1 hit allowed, and you taking a loss? is this a joke?

calm down its only april.

He has every right to have the opinion he has.  I made a prediction at the beginning of the season.....that the Giants would finish 4th in the West.  Although that may just be my pessimistic side coming out, I firmly believe that they will be closer to 4th place than 1st.....unless major changes are made to this offense.

im not discrediting his opinion i just stated that its april. this Offense is better than last yrs which is not saying much. every offense goes thru a slumps. im dont think they will finish in 4th thats just me. just my 2 cents

Real talk....it might because of the long season, the emotional highs/lows that you dont necessarily drag out with a sport like football, but something about baseball just drains on me like no other sport.
I said this years ago on this board....I'm fine with blowing up the team and just starting from scratch. I've lived thru some GARBAGE giants teams, and I can roll with that. 100 loss teams, seen it, can get through it, not a problem..but what I cant stand is management acting like: 1. we're broke (while you're selling $7 garlic fries and $9 beers, and packing in the stands with ____insert heritage/bobblehead day)
2. you say we need a POWER HITTER, and then go and sign Huff and De Rosa, and you act like that's enough
3. you are 2 years removed from openly stating that we we're going to get young, and then proceed to sign washed up veterans, Uribe being the ONLY one worth a !%%%.
And to top it off, you have a short leash for kids coming up from fresno, but you are perfectly fine letting bums like renteria be unproductive day in and day out

I'm done for the night....the worse thing is that come gameday tomorrow, I will watch once again in the hopes I eat my words

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

What would be your guys' ideal lineups with the pieces we have now? I mean, I wish we would bring up Posey right now, and he would instantly be a top five bat on this team. Hopefully this puts Bochy on the hot seat, at the very least.
I dont really think Posey is the answer.
Why should Bochy be on the hot seat?
We as fans just need to realize just because this lineup is a little better than last years doesn't mean there won't be any of those 1-0 games.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

I dont really think Posey is the answer.
Why should Bochy be on the hot seat?
We as fans just need to realize just because this lineup is a little better than last years doesn't mean there won't be any of those 1-0 games.

qft

Bochy should permanently be on the hot seat because he makes ******ed decisions.

Explain to me why he gave Whiteside that crucial at-bat and then pinch hit Molina.

Molina should have come in the game for Whiteside and someone else should have pinch hit for Sanchez.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Wellemeyer SF
7136.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Garland SD
6396.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.58[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.94[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.73[/td][/tr][/table]

Wouldn't be surprised if the bats come alive today, but the gas can on the mound for us gives up more.

Over/under for the Giants run total should be 1.5.

And I agree with What Up that Molina should have pinch hit for Eli.

dude has just walked the bases loaded and walked the pitcher who was trying to bunt this guy is terrible

Edit: walked 4 straight bochy get off your !@@ and take him out!!!

This guy is terrible. now who is gonna be our 5th starter? wish we would have resigned penny
smh.gif

the only pitching he should be doing is BATING PRACTICE

Velez is an idiot for that one. I know the centerfielder is supposed to be the leader, but Nate was clearly under the ball.

Luckily, there wasn't a collision, but if he keeps on getting in the way, it'll happen.

I think we can all agree that after a game like yesterday the whole retaliation thing with Rowand being hit and a Giants pitcher not responding and hitting one of there players was the right move. We CAN'T afford to send messages with the way the lineup is hitting the last few games. It's pretty sad when you think about it but then again so is Brian Sabean and the rest of upper level management.

Brad Penny sure would look nice as the #5 starter smh cheap bastards.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Velez is an idiot for that one. I know the centerfielder is supposed to be the leader, but Nate was clearly under the ball.

Luckily, there wasn't a collision, but if he keeps on getting in the way, it'll happen.

he threw it to home like it was 1 out
laugh.gif
he didnt even know how many outs there were
smh.gif

tough series for the Giants coming off that back breaking L to the dodgers and having to play the Padres who just swept Arizona. Why is Edgar on the bench?

Back
Top Bottom