Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Burrell brought up today, Bowker sent down...
Not big on Burrell but I'm really not big on Bowker. I like Torres and Schierholtz to battle for the 3rd spot if Burrell ends up playing everyday.

Whoa!
eek.gif

Uribe going dead center.
15d78d1.gif

Who's bashing the Freddy re-signing now? Fans (I'm not saying you guys in particular) are too quick to hate on people.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Who's bashing the Freddy re-signing now? Fans (I'm not saying you guys in particular) are too quick to hate on people.
One can bash HOW they re-signed him.

Sabean is an idiot.

Originally Posted by dland24

Really good win tonight. Thought there was zero chance when we went down 4-0.

Cosign

Nice to see the bullpen dominate
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I did. Said it since they traded for him and signed him. I'll gladly eat my crow if he continues, but the reality is that he has hardly played for us since the trade went down. Over 60+ games which he was been absolutely worthless to the giants.
I aint mad at freddy, but at management for making bad decision after bad decision in this entire situation, and just straight up lying to fans when it came to questions about his injury and surgery

Always nice to pull out a W after being down, but I always take these games with a grain of salt....against teams like pittsburgh or the astros, they look like competent hitters, and against the rest, 
sick.gif

Huff channeling his inner rickey henderson on that HR
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Wellemeyer SF
7136.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]P. Maholm Pit
7636.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]3-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.03[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.38[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.49[/td][/tr][/table]
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/06/cardinals-close-to-signing-randy-winn.html[/h1]
[h1]Cardinals Sign Randy Winn[/h1]
By Mike Axisa [June 5 at 11:56am CST]

11:56am: John Shea of The San Francisco Chronicle tweets that the deal is official, and Winn will be available for today's game.

10:19am: The Cardinals are close to signing outfielder Randy Winn, according to the team's official Twitter feed. He was designated for assignment by the Yankees about a week ago.

Winn, 36 next week, hit just .213/.300/.295 in 71 plate appearances for the Yanks, and his merely average defensive performance wasn't even getting him playing time as a late-inning defense replacement by the end of his tenure. The Yanks are still on the hook for his $1.1MM salary, less the pro-rated portion of the league minimum that St. Louis will pay him.

Shaking things up.

CF Torres
2B Sanchez
SS Uribe
C Molina
RF Huff
LF Burrell
1B Posey
3B Sandoval
P Wellemeyer

I know Sandoval is struggling and I have been critical of him but Molina should not be hitting ahead of him.

I just dont get Botched
You bench Rowand. to have Huff move to an even less familiar position in RF just to make room for Burrell?

You move down Sandoval, but to the 8th hole? And at the same time, you move down Posey to 7th instead of up?

And the cherry on top....you put Molasses in the cleanup spot?

Wellmayer back to the usual I see
indifferent.gif
...McCutchen straight abusing this bum

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I just dont get Botched
You bench Rowand. to have Huff move to an even less familiar position in RF just to make room for Burrell?

You move down Sandoval, but to the 8th hole? And at the same time, you move down Posey to 7th instead of up?

And the cherry on top....you put Molasses in the cleanup spot?

Wellmayer back to the usual I see
indifferent.gif
...McCutchen straight abusing this bum
I hope they finally bring up Madbum! He was terrible in spring training, but i know he had a lot of personal stuff going on this offseason. Hes been very good his last 7 or 8 starts in AAA.

Good effort to make things interesting in the 9th would of been a tie game but great catch to end the game.

Wellemeyer needs to be re-evaluated and they need to consider bringing someone up from the minors because a team cannot have a starter that only brings his best when the team is at home and stinks it up on the road. Too inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom