*** Official 2010 WWE Royal Rumble Thread - 8pm et Jan 31 PPV (pg 13) ***

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

He also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleManiapay-per-view.
Assuming Paul got the same, both of them should give that $1.2 million back as that was one of if not the worst WM main events of all time.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

He also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleManiapay-per-view.
Assuming Paul got the same, both of them should give that $1.2 million back as that was one of if not the worst WM main events of all time.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Randy Orton has signed a new long-term contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, reportedly for ten years. He also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleManiapay-per-view.
I never put any credence when WWE salaries when they come out.  There was that old list that floated around forever and was confirmed to be false.

Info on the list please
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Randy Orton has signed a new long-term contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, reportedly for ten years. He also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleManiapay-per-view.
I never put any credence in WWE salaries when they "leak" out.  There was that old list that floated around forever and was confirmed to be false.

Former WWE & ECW Champion Rob Van Dam was interviewed by FanHouse.com to promote this weekend's WrestleReunion event in Los Angeles. Some highlights:How to "Spice Up" Today's Wrestling:
"I would say bring back the day of the jobber. When I was a fan, when I was younger, wrestlers were larger than life because I would watch them totally annihilate some local scrub, some guy that was in the ring, I didn't know who the jobber was. We called those enhancement matches and they hardly ever do them anymore. That to me was how you build the wrestler, and when I found out two of these superstars would be battling each other, whether it was near me at a live show or when it was on Saturday Night's Main Event, that was huge and it drew great interest and enthusiasm because I got to see these two big wrestlers who I've seen just destroy everybody actually face each other.
"
Van Dam feels that the Monday night wars forced both companies to abandon jobbers and always put on marquee matches, but looking back, it's hurt the companies' abilities to build stars and the overall product:"Ever since Monday Night Wars, every single match from the bottom to the top of the card seems like it has to be main-event quality -- superstar vs. superstar, superstar vs. superstar -- and then you gotta find a political way to go into the finish, you know, to try to deck one guy while doing what you want with the other. It's a bunch of bulls**t I think. You know, I really think that the enhancement matches were what brought everybody into WWE in the '90s.

"Returning to WWE or Going to TNA:"I mean, it's possible that I could be interested in either TNA or WWE if it was the right amount of work vs. pay ratio. That's basically what it is, and I haven't had that deep of conversations with anyone yet, really. So I don't know if it's out there or not, since I haven't been the active one out there pursuing, you know, the information comes to me as it comes when they're reaching out to me."

So, I got my tickets for RAW: Road to Wrestlemania right now. 6th row floor. I kept using the presale password in caps when it was supposed to be lowercase. I wasted valuable time there but hey it's better then nothing.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

So, I got my tickets for RAW: Road to Wrestlemania right now. 6th row floor. I kept using the presale password in caps when it was supposed to be lowercase. I wasted valuable time there but hey it's better then nothing.
6th Row ringside? With our presale they must have held back many, many tickets. Only one side was available and floor seats were at angles. I got in at 10:00 sharp so that couldn't just evaporate. The lady from ticket master I spoke to said that only a select few is released during presales
mad.gif
. I could have been getting sleep.

Props though. Tomorrow I'm going to call and be on the net
nerd.gif

*HHH vs CM Punk
*R-Truth vs Chris Jericho
*John Morrison vs Drew McIntyre (c) - No DQ for the IC Title
*Michelle McCool vs Layla
*Rey Mysterio Jr vs Shawn Michaels

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Any News and Notes.
Recap: Hulk Hogan And Eric Bischoff's State Of TNA Address
Hulk Hogan and Erich Bischoff were on the Bubba The Love Sponge show today, giving their State of TNA Address, here are the highlights…

Q: Confirm or deny Honky Tonk is joining TNA

A: EB "I would rather drive an icepick through my thigh than work with the Honky Tonk Man"

Q: How do you feel about Dixie wanting to go family friendly?

A: Hulk: Not going to happen, we are going to keep pushing the envelope.

Q: Are you going live on March 1?

A: EB: Haven't heard anything, I have just been reading it on the internet.

Hulk: Nothing has been confirmed, it's not a lock. I would like to have it but it's not set yet.

Q: Ongoing talks with Savage?

A: Hulk: "I would love to have him come in and manage his illegitimate son."

Q: Can you tell me the peaking order of how the writing goes:

A: Hulk: Bottom line is that Eric has the final say.

Topic comes up with Vince Russo about the "fake wrestling" twitter post.

· Not really answered just some disparaging words thrown at Russo.

Q: What do they think of Lacey Von Erich?

A: Hogan says she can't work.

EB: "We will teach her how to work", and likes her look.

Q: Are you guys big on Desmond Wolfe?

A: EB: Very high on him, good look.

Hulk says he killed it last night, he's "real close."

Q: What is the Montreal angle really, is it a shot at Vince?

A: EB: It's a shot "kind of", but it's entertaining and as long as they(fans) love it or hate it's about whether they are talking about it.Hang with it and watch where it goes.

Q: WWE has a farm system, are you guys going to be doing something?

A: EB: There is no developmental as such. Brian Knobbs and Saggs have aschool they are looking at. "Hopefully we will be able to develop ourown but we aren't ready for a farm system".

Name Associations.

Black Pope: Both EB and Hulk love him and he is going to be getting a push.

Abyss: Hulk: My favorite wrestler of all "he's my next John Cena". EB likes him a lot and committed to his character.

Q: Are you interested in taking a look at FCW guys?

Hulk: He says they definitely would be interested.

EB: Says "if they are free we could".

Q: Any WWE talent interested in TNA?

Hulk: Yup.

Q: Sting no showing them.

A: Hulk: Sting's a great talent, wishes he would have come up north forthe WWE. He understands why personally he wasn't there butprofessionally it hurts the company.

EB: "Everyone has to make a commitment. I understand where Hulk'scoming from. But if you're not 110% committed then it's probably notgoing to work out."

Q: Any chance we will see Hogan vs. Flair on TNA PPV.

A: Hulk: Doesn't really answer the question.

Q: Will we see the Australian tour on PPV?

A: EB: Not likely for financial reasons.

Caller: Hulk is the worst wrestler since 1989 and how can you evaluatetalent? Stone Cold hates you and won't work a program with you?

- Lots of banter back and forth lots of swearing. Bottom line is they don't answer the question.

Q: Has working with Vince McMahon changed your thought process?

EB: There's no denying he's a great businessman, he's arrogant but helikes him and "I wouldn't hang out with him" but he thinks he's great.On a business level he is very smart. On a creative run he thinks hetakes credit for too much and he doesn't think he's that good.

Q: Was there a time when you were going against the Rock and you just thought WCW was going to fail?

A: EB: "When AOL/Time Warner took over and put more hands on ourproduct by making it more family friendly, that's when things startingtaking a turn for a worst. Now history is repeating itself and we havea chance to go after that older audience."

Q: Are you going to be signing any more books Hulk?

A: Hulk: Not in the near future.

Q: Richard Ortiz, are you interested in him.

A: EB: I don't know him.

Q: Is there one talent from WWE you both want?

A: Hulk: Orton and Cena. But he would also love the Big Show.

EB: "I have a problem with Show, never been committed, he's lazy. I would like Cena and Orton."

- EB says he never crapped on Jericho, likes him, but doesn't think he can headline.

- Hulk would love to have Chris in TNA.

Q: Why do you feel it's necessary to acknowledge Vince on TNA?

A: EB: You can't win a fight with throwing a punch, "we are going the fight".

Q: If you could wrestle one person in TNA.

A: Hulk: AJ Styles, "if he doesn't get too full of himself".

Two Wrestlers Pulled From The Royal Rumble, Two Added
According to WWE.com, both The Hurricane and Santino Marella have been removed from Sunday's Royal Rumble match, while Matt Hardy and Chris Masters have been added. Thus far, 24 participants have been announced.
Here is the updated card:

RAW: Big Show, Carlito, Chris Masters, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, John Cena, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, MVP, Shawn Michaels, Ted DiBiase, The Miz and Triple H

SmackDown!: Batista, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Kane, Matt Hardy and The Great Khali

ECW: Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu and Zack Ryder

It was also announced on Friday that Michelle McCool would defending her WWE Women's Championship against Mickie James at the event.

Matches announced thus far include:

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Undertaker (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship Match
Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton

ECW Championship Match
Christian (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

WWE Women's Championship Match
Michelle McCool (c) vs. Mickie James

No Santino? Dude can't even make up for the 1 second elimination?
tired.gif

TMZ Video of Randy Orton Hearing about Jericho/Helms Arrest
http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/player/embed.swfhttp://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/player/embed.swf
http://www.wrestlinginc.c...f330092d&isShareURL=true
Orton is an intimidating dude
laugh.gif

Just caught iMPACT's main event last night, and surprisingly i thought the Mr.Anderson vs Jarrett match was pretty damn good. Both played the crowd pretty well and it was a solid wrestling match.

On another note, this new AJ Styles gimmick is madd annoying.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

Just caught iMPACT's main event last night, and surprisingly i thought the Mr.Anderson vs Jarrett match was pretty damn good. Both played the crowd pretty well and it was a solid wrestling match.

On another note, this new AJ Styles gimmick is madd annoying.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Co-sign.
smh.gif

It comes off waaaaaaaaaaaay too corny.

On another note. Props to the guy in the front row with the JOB squad shirt on tonights smackdown

WWE is expected to announce on Monday that Atlanta, Ga. will play host to the WrestleMania 27 event. The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Atlanta city and sports officials are teasing that "a major sporting event" has been scheduled for the Georgia Dome. To read the full article, click here.

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

WWE is expected to announce on Monday that Atlanta, Ga. will play host to the WrestleMania 27 event. The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Atlanta city and sports officials are teasing that "a major sporting event" has been scheduled for the Georgia Dome. To read the full article, click here.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I was hoping Indianapolis was going to get it.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]WWE is expected to announce on Monday that Atlanta, Ga. will play host to the WrestleMania 27 event. The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Atlanta city and sports officials are teasing that "a major sporting event" has been scheduled for the Georgia Dome. To read the full article, click here.[/color]
smh.gif

ohwell.gif

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]WWE is expected to announce on Monday that Atlanta, Ga. will play host to the WrestleMania 27 event. The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports that Atlanta city and sports officials are teasing that "a major sporting event" has been scheduled for the Georgia Dome. To read the full article, click here.[/color]
smh.gif

It was down to Atlanta and Miami.  Two of the major deciding factors were 1) Atlanta is historically a much better wrestling city, thus easier to fill a huge stadium, and 2) It's much cheaper to put on the show indoors compared to outdoors at whatever they call the Dolphins stadium now.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

smh.gif

It was down to Atlanta and Miami.  Two of the major deciding factors were 1) Atlanta is historically a much better wrestling city, thus easier to fill a huge stadium, and 2) It's much cheaper to put on the show indoors compared to outdoors at whatever they call the Dolphins stadium now.

That sucks. If they would have went to Indy, the try state area would have bit along with everyone in general. I would imagine besides the tri states, the surrounding states would have been thirsty too.
ohwell.gif

Y2J Blasts Bischoff
Chris Jericho responded to Eric Bischoff'sstatement yesterday: "Bischoffs right I can't headline in TNA...cos I'mnot in my 50s." Bischoff had said during the State of TNA address on Bubba the Love Sponge's show that he'd like to have Chris Jericho in TNA, but doesn't see him as a headliner.
Santino Injured?
On Monday's edition of Monday Night RAW, there was a segment where Jack Swaggerattacked Santino Marella. During the commercial break, Santino stayedon the ground while crewmembers checked on him. After roughly3-minutes, Marella got up and was taken backstage. While he could havebeen selling, he may have been injured, which would explain why he waspulled from the Royal Rumble.
Another Star Added To The Royal Rumble
WWE officially added R-Truth to the Royal Rumblematch following last night's episode of Friday Night SmackDown. Thisbrings the advertised total to 25 wrestlers. Here is the updatedline-up:

RAW:
Big Show
Carlito
Chris Masters
Cody Rhodes
Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
MVP
Shawn Michaels
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
Triple H

SmackDown!:
Batista
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Kane
Matt Hardy
R-Truth
The Great Khali

ECW:
Shelton Benjamin
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Randy Orton Signs 10-Year Contract With WWE
Randy Orton has signed a new long-term contract with World Wrestling Entertainment, reportedly for ten years.

He has also received a $600,000 payday for working the main event of last year's WrestleMania pay-per-view.

Back
Top Bottom