OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Originally Posted by jepeh21

�
devil.gif
 Vicious! Man I havn't been this excited for a Clippers team since Dominique Wilkins came here via that Danny Manning trade. Gonna be a great season.

Team looked good even though it's only pre-season. Can't wait to see this team in mid-season form.

Originally Posted by erupt107th
Also a big shout out to this NTer for hooking it up with discounted tickets which also waived the Ticketmaster fees.  Thanks man!

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Also a big shout out to this NTer for hooking it up with discounted tickets which also waived the Ticketmaster fees.  Thanks man!

No doubt
pimp.gif
(if anyone else needs tix i posted my link a couple pgs back or you can pm me)I went to the scrimmage on Sunday and was really nervous because we looked so out of sync out there but from watching other teams they look just as rusty. I'm taking last night's game with a grain of salt because i don't think we'll shoot that well from 3 on the regular. CP3 is sooooo much better than any PG we've ever had
laugh.gif
. Takes smart shots, makes the right pass at the right time, and he actually tries on defense
laugh.gif
I really like Trey. If he works on his D a bit he will be a nice player off the bench.We still need a backup big. Who's still available? I want a legit big that can play PF and C. Can't wait till Christmas
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

No doubt
pimp.gif
(if anyone else needs tix i posted my link a couple pgs back or you can pm me) I went to the scrimmage on Sunday and was really nervous because we looked so out of sync out there but from watching other teams they look just as rusty. I'm taking last night's game with a grain of salt because i don't think we'll shoot that well from 3 on the regular. CP3 is sooooo much better than any PG we've ever had
laugh.gif
. Takes smart shots, makes the right pass at the right time, and he actually tries on defense
laugh.gif
I really like Trey. If he works on his D a bit he will be a nice player off the bench. We still need a backup big. Who's still available? I want a legit big that can play PF and C. Can't wait till Christmas
pimp.gif
Here's the latest on the big man search that I've seen:

Scott Howard-Cooper @SHowardCooper 54m Clippers looking at Alexis Ajinca at backup center. Possibility of signing today. Gadzuric, Diogu also on the radar.

Anyone know anything about Ajinca?  I can't say I'm familiar with him, which worries me a little. 

Just watched the replay:

Definitely was pleased with what I saw..

Someone on another Clipper Forum I frequent compared Billups' influence to the team to Cassell during his tenure here. I felt that was spot on.

I was also a bit unsure how the CP3/Billups backcourt would work, but after what I saw, it just might work
pimp.gif
. Love the mix of vets and youth on the squad......

40957910150461123033463.jpg

UN… …

40746010150460502063463.jpg

… … BELIEVABLE!
30t6p3b.gif

32012f3d9160ad789e24979.jpg

"Effing Stern, man. Effing Stern. We are supposed to be teammates! *sigh*"

7ee232c2d3bee086f86af328b034754a-getty-136008106.jpg

High quality shot right there.
laugh.gif

Reports on Twitter are that our new big man is going to be Reggie Evans. If true, I'm ok with that signing. Good rebounder and someone who would be willing to act as the enforcer to protect CP3 and Blake.

From one struggling franchise to another.. I hope for great things for the Clippers in coming years.. I'm a huge Kobe/Lakers hater.. so I hope you guys take over the town.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Reports on Twitter are that our new big man is going to be Reggie Evans. If true, I'm ok with that signing. Good rebounder and someone who would be willing to act as the enforcer to protect CP3 and Blake.
Yup, signing for a vet minimum salary, which is pretty damn good since this guy inhales rebounds. He is pretty much a Craig Smith that can rebound. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Yup, signing for a vet minimum salary, which is pretty damn good since this guy inhales rebounds. He is pretty much a Craig Smith that can rebound. 
laugh.gif
Agreed.  I think the roster's pretty much good to go for now.  We could still use a more traditional C to back up DJ, but I'm completely ok with the team as it is right now.  I wonder if Evans will get any run tonight?  Seems doubtful, but who knows.

for those of you Clipper fans who are on that stalker status

I see some of the players eating at this sushi restaurant in my neighborhood (Playa Vista) from time to time. Probably because they live there and its convenient for them. DJ was there last night when I stopped in for dinner, but who knows how much longer he's gonna be in the neighborhood now that he got that big contract.

^^^ Thanks for the tip. I take my son to a couple of parks in the Playa Vista area, so maybe I'll check out that sushi place the next time I make it over there.

And even if DJ moves, I don't know that he'll go very far. It seems like a lot of the players on both the Clippers and Lakers like to stay pretty close to the Playa Vista/El Segundo practice facilities and live in the Marina, Playa del Rey, Manhattan Beach, etc.

Man I loved wathching the clippers play all these years since tickets were cheap from Costco
laugh.gif

Not the case anymore
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Man I loved wathching the clippers play all these years since tickets were cheap from Costco
laugh.gif

Not the case anymore
30t6p3b.gif

Tell me about it now everyone is a clippers fan. What can you do it comes with the territory of having the most talked about team right now.

Not as impressive tonight, but still a W. Probably wouldn't even have been close if we bothered to play any defense in the 1st quarter. Credit to the Lakers continuing to grind. But in the end it was too much Griffin. Good to see Blake take over in the 4th when we really needed it.

I know its only pre-season but Deandre Jordan has looked really impressive on both ends of the court. He has a realistic chance of making the all-star team this year if he stays healthy and continues playing like this.

^^^ Thanks for the tip. I take my son to a couple of parks in the Playa Vista area, so maybe I'll check out that sushi place the next time I make it over there.

And even if DJ moves, I don't know that he'll go very far. It seems like a lot of the players on both the Clippers and Lakers like to stay pretty close to the Playa Vista/El Segundo practice facilities and live in the Marina, Playa del Rey, Manhattan Beach, etc.

this chick i used to mess with that worked at apple in manhattan beach said alot of lakers and clippers players would come into her store frequently. she said gomes winked at her and puke walton called her his future baby mama on many occassions

Originally Posted by doosta45

this chick i used to mess with that worked at apple in manhattan beach said alot of lakers and clippers players would come into her store frequently. she said gomes winked at her and puke walton called her his future baby mama on many occassions
For some reason that makes me hate Walton even more than I did.

Anyways, when do the clippers play the heatles?

Not as impressive tonight, but still a W. Probably wouldn't even have been close if we bothered to play any defense in the 1st quarter. Credit to the Lakers continuing to grind. But in the end it was too much Griffin. Good to see Blake take over in the 4th when we really needed it.

I expect Dec 25th to be a nationally televised massacre.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Back
Top Bottom