Official 2011-2012 NCAA Basketball "Kicks On Court" Thread

Originally Posted by clkru

Originally Posted by DNeou20

wroten reminds me of rajon rondo and that could be a good and a bad thing. great vision, and could be a great guard with his size and ability to pass along with running the fast break. but you can't rely on him to be a shooter outside of layups esp from the freethrow line... granted he is a freshman so he's got a lot to learn, once he has a consistent shot and his decision making on flashy play and easy play comes together, he could be even scarier.

great observation... some consider Tony a black hole on the court in that he gets decent individual offensive stats, but lacks overall basketball IQ, racks up too many critical turnovers, and makes it hard on his teammates to get into the flow of the game (particularly Ross and CJ Wilcox).  Consequently, UW is struggling big time.  Not really sure what to make of him, but his shoe game is off the charts!

jpajrq.jpg

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Noticed Miller was wearing the Huarache Frees last night, best pic I could find quickly:
qUvRI.St.79.JPG
This is the first pic ive seen of anyone ballin in frees, ive been playing in these for a few weeks now not a bad shoe but durability is a problem.

So many dudes ballin in 5s
eek.gif
... young legs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MattDub

I forgot about Chris Babb.  I remember watching him play at Penn State a few years ago.  They could use a veteran presence right about now.

Babb was horrible tho haha he showed flashes but his mid range J was all he had goin for him, he was steaky from range.

good to see he got outta PSU tho... where ballers go to die
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by MattDub

I forgot about Chris Babb.  I remember watching him play at Penn State a few years ago.  They could use a veteran presence right about now.

Babb was horrible tho haha he showed flashes but his mid range J was all he had goin for him, he was steaky from range.

good to see he got outta PSU tho... where ballers go to die
laugh.gif

Where ballers go to die? What 'big name' players have gone there and sucked? 6 players that graduated in the past 3 years are playing professionally overseas, not exactly terrible. Talor Battle was all Big 10 three times, first team twice... Not too shabby

Chris Babb can shoot the heck out of the ball. He is in a slump right now, but he has the ability to light it up and be a real good defender...He has been wearing the 13s recently

same thing I thought. he had on concords in warm ups but I knew he'd come out in something new

All of these photos made me realize... How much it must suck to play for an Adidas or Under Armour school
laugh.gif

SO MUCH HEATTTT!!!!!
pimp.gif
x20000000 lol

X's look so clean on the court, but the dude rocking the Cherry 12's, he knows whats good. GOAT
pimp.gif

Bugs me that these kids wear crap retro jordans to play in. They have access to so much better but rather look good while playing then have the best performance sneaker there is.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Bugs me that these kids wear crap retro jordans to play in. They have access to so much better but rather look good while playing then have the best performance sneaker there is.

This is like the 3rd topic im going to put my 2 cents in about this "crap" retro stuff. Retros are not terrible to play ball in. Ive played in a few retros, Cardinal 7's and CDP 3's the latest and they were completely fine. My feet didnt hurt after, not were they sore the next day. Both shoes were already broken in, although the 7's didnt have great ankle support. Good thing I wear braces.

Anyhow, obviously these college athletes dont have princess feet like other people cause they play in these "crap" retros.
laugh.gif
Seriously, shoe "tech" seems to improve every year which is a gimmick. Please.
laugh.gif
2k4's (#@%@# on any shoe Nike has put out.

Lol son they dont care about performance man. Many of these dudes just love ballin in J's. They wanna look good on the court & who cares what the hell they ball in, most of the players wearing still are AA Players and All conference. FYI, I ball in J's alot. Yeah, Lebrons/Kobes are more comfortable, but that doesn't mean J's arent. Let these players continue to cook and rock J's man.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

This is like the 3rd topic im going to put my 2 cents in about this "crap" retro stuff. Retros are not terrible to play ball in. Ive played in a few retros, Cardinal 7's and CDP 3's the latest and they were completely fine. My feet didnt hurt after, not were they sore the next day. Both shoes were already broken in, although the 7's didnt have great ankle support. Good thing I wear braces.

Anyhow, obviously these college athletes dont have princess feet like other people cause they play in these "crap" retros.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Never said they were terrible.  There quality is crap now though, and there are tons of better sneakers for ball. 

Its all opinion though, and I dont mean you in particular. Like I said, ive had this argument like 3 times already within the last 3 days. Check the NBA feet thread. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree

Honestly, Nike hasnt really improved their cushioning systems in a while. I guess the new Lebrons have improved have tweaked the Zoom/ Air Max setup and Lunarlon is kinda new but Hyperfuses and Hyperdunk have worse cushioning than alot Jordan retroes they just weight less

Its all opinion though, and I dont mean you in particular. Like I said, ive had this argument like 3 times already within the last 3 days. Check the NBA feet thread. 
laugh.gif

Not just jordans though. Dudes wearing foams, zoom rookies.  Although, one guy wearing the foams was a big man so its not as bad.  College kids really think style first.

Back
Top Bottom