Official 2011-2012 NCAA Basketball "Kicks On Court" Thread

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Its all opinion though, and I dont mean you in particular. Like I said, ive had this argument like 3 times already within the last 3 days. Check the NBA feet thread. 
laugh.gif

Not just jordans though. Dudes wearing foams, zoom rookies.  Although, one guy wearing the foams was a big man so its not as bad.  College kids really think style first.
This is true.  I'll speak from personal experience (I hoop at a junior college).
When you think about it, we are on our feet all the time so our feet kill us anyways. Playing in shoes for style as opposed to for performance isn't a big deal because when playing as much as we do, our feet take an absolute beating.  It doesn't matter if we play in retro Jordans or in "Nike's best basketball shoe", our feet will blister and callous regardless.

^

There are def some shoes that are better than others though. Personally I still would ball in newer shoes over retros, but to say that retros are absolute crap is a bit much.

I totally agree with you, 10 piece. I think we are on the same page, I was just saying that when your feet take such a beating, you get to the point where you don't really care and will sacrifice some performance for style.

They are to commemorate the court getting named after Gary Williams....I wish that they were still with Nike, but the CEO of Under Armour went to UMD and for some reason, recruits seem to think UA is pretty cool.

^
laugh.gif

Funny but true. UA making more noise than Reebok, Adidas and the Jordan signature lines (Wade, Melo, etc.) these days.

Under Armour is def. on their way. Look at the stars of tomorrow they've signed across pro sports. Cam Newton, Kemba Walker, Brandon Jennings, Julio Jones, Bryce Harper, Buster Posey, Nick Markakis just to name a few. And they were smart about signing a few very well known vets too. Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Michael Phelps, Jose Reyes, etc. They know what they're doing.

Sidenote: Arkansas is Nike in basketball?
nerd.gif

Brandon Jenning is doing a great job on UA. I know dudes wearing UA just because he's with them. Even I have bloodlines and UA gear and I'm as big a nike guy as you'll ever meet and its cuz of Jennings

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

I totally agree with you, 10 piece. I think we are on the same page, I was just saying that when your feet take such a beating, you get to the point where you don't really care and will sacrifice some performance for style.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. 
Care to address the rash of injuries in the so called newer high performance models?

ARE NIKE SHOES LEADING TO INJURIES?

By Matt Brann

Is a new line of Nike basketball shoes to blame for what seems to be an abundance of injuries? Perhaps there is just more media attention given to the injuries, but it seems that this season, more than others, there have been more foot and knee injuries to key players in college basketball.

Two Final Four teams were limited due to foot injuries, and both teams failed to advance to the national championship game. Michigan State’s Kalin Lucas, a first-team All-Big Ten selection, suffered an Achilles’ tendon injury during the NCAA Tournament that sidelined him for the remainder of the season. Spartan guard Chris Allen played sparingly after suffering a sprained arch in his right foot earlier in the NCAA Tournament. The Spartans, playing without Lucas, were defeated by two points by Butler in the national semifinals.

West Virginia had to finish its tournament run without its point guard after Truck Bryant broke a bone in his foot during practice. Then in the second half of their loss to Duke, the Mountaineers saw All-American Da’Sean Butler go down with an ACL tear and MCL sprain to his left knee after he planted while dribbling toward the baseline.

Duke was also the beneficiary of a less-than-healthy squad in the Sweet 16, when it beat Purdue minus its top player, Robbie Hummel. The Boilermakers were widely regarded as a Final Four contender before Hummel tore the ACL in his right knee in the last month of the season after planting on a drive similar to the way Butler was injured. The Boilermakers also played the first half of the season without starting point guard Lewis Jackson, who had surgery after sustaining cartilage damage in his foot, and freshman Sandi Marcius missed the entire season because of a broken bone in his foot.

The list of key players sustaining injuries to their feet or knees could go on and on. But the one thing the above-mentioned players have in common is that they were all at Nike-sponsored basketball programs and had the option of wearing a new lightweight line of Nike basketball shoes—the Nike Hyperize or Hyperdunk.

And the connection between the shoes and injuries hasn’t just been Internet message board speculation by fans frustrated to see top players from their favorite teams sidelined. Detroit Pistons strength and conditioning coach Arnie Kander reportedly tried to ban the Pistons from wearing the Nike Hyperize shoe earlier this season after he saw an unusual number of ankle injuries to his players. Kander has been with the Pistons for 18 years.

“I’m not going to name the brand of shoe it was, but it has been banned from our locker room and the guys aren’t allowed to wear it,

^it was just the start of the lightweight craze of the performance shoe industry considering that the hyperize is part of the discussion. things like this usually happen but later on improves which is currently happening now.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Bugs me that these kids wear crap retro jordans to play in. They have access to so much better but rather look good while playing then have the best performance sneaker there is.

Lol son they dont care about performance man. Many of these dudes just love ballin in J's. They wanna look good on the court & who cares what the hell they ball in, most of the players wearing still are AA Players and All conference. FYI, I ball in J's alot. Yeah, Lebrons/Kobes are more comfortable, but that doesn't mean J's arent. Let these players continue to cook and rock J's man.
laugh.gif
 It's all about appearance at this level boy...

Originally Posted by squall325

^it was just the start of the lightweight craze of the performance shoe industry considering that the hyperize is part of the discussion. things like this usually happen but later on improves which is currently happening now.

Tell that to Steph Curry.

not a big deal, but the all over choices for socks are not a good look. before i get blasted, its right in my face in that picture so yeah..

the orange SU socks are so nice

call me old fashion but these college teams should at least be wearing the SAME color of shoes

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by squall325

Tell that to Steph Curry.
As what I understood on what I've read about Steph's injury, it was due to the how the shoe doesn't conform on how his foot lands/rolls that why he shifted to zoom braves. Not all shoes cater the all types of foot types and pronations. He hadn't just found the right one yet.

[h2]Performance meets sustainability: Nike Hyper Elite Platinum basketball uniforms[/h2]
SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_ARZ_uni_ang_0613_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_UNC_uni_ang_0680_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_UCONN_M_uni_ang_0569_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_DUKE_uni_ang_0661_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_FLA_uni_ang_0702_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_KY_uni_ang_0803_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_SYR_uni_ang_0762_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_BAY_uni_ang_0630_rgb_detail.jpg

SP12_BB_PlatinumElite_UCONN_W_uni_ang_0591_rgb_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Arizona_Jersey_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Arizona_Short_1_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_UConn_Jersey_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_UConn_short_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Duke_Jersey_4_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Duke_Short_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Florida_Jersey_4_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Florida_Short_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Kentucky_Jersey_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Kentucky_Short_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_NCarolina_Jersey_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_NCarolina_Short_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Syracuse_Jersey_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_Syracuse_Short_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_W_Baylor_Jersey_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_W_Baylor_Short_3_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_W_UConn_Jersey_2_detail.jpg

Sp12_BB_HypElt_W_UConn_Short_3_detail.jpg

6760717469_fdc6f3c6a6_z.jpg

Fullscreen-capture-1252012-103049-AM.jpg

everyone and their mother is wearing the Chicago X's. I played ball once in my White / Red X's a few years back and was slipping and sliding all over the place

Back
Top Bottom