Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

Did Cuban just cuss live on lopez

Yes he did
laugh.gif

Damn Cuban is a good 3-4 inches taller than JJ.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I hope the CBA breaks these Mavs up and every other team who uses having a rich owner to their competitive advantage and creates monster payroll teams. Of course the Lakers, and Mavs, and teams in that class are going to win, they have the most talent because they're spending the most for it. It's next to impossible to be cap conscious and win, because you're more than likely going to have a lot of young players on their rookie deals.

Reported.

This is trolling in our offseason thread.

How so? You don't think every team (minus LA and obviously Dallas) would be greatly improved if they spent 90 million dollars on players too? Looking at the Thunder, that is a whole 33,000,000 more. That's basically almost 5MLE guys.
The Bulls and Thunder both made it to their conference finals with the 5th and 6th lowest payrolls in the league. That is impressive. They were the 2 cheapest playoff teams.

I hope the CBA breaks these Mavs up and every other team who uses having a rich owner to their competitive advantage and creates monster payroll teams. Of course the Lakers, and Mavs, and teams in that class are going to win, they have the most talent because they're spending the most for it. It's next to impossible to be cap conscious and win, because you're more than likely going to have a lot of young players on their rookie deals.

Reported.

How so? You don't think every team (minus LA and obviously Dallas) would be greatly improved if they spent 90 million dollars on players too? Looking at the Thunder, that is a whole 33,000,000 more. That's basically almost 5MLE guys.
The Bulls and Thunder both made it to their conference finals with the 5th and 6th lowest payrolls in the league. That is impressive. They were the 2 cheapest playoff teams.

Reported.

The Bulls and Thunder both made it to their conference finals with the 5th and 6th lowest payrolls in the league. ThaBt is impressive. They were the 2 cheapest playoff teams.

No plenty of teams including these Dallas Mavericks in previous years have spent money and it got them no where.

The cost model that the Thunder and Bulls used isn't sustainable long term and you damn well know that. 

Lets see if you are singing this same tune when OKC has to decide between Harden and Westbrook because they gave Perkins that contract.

Reported.

The Bulls and Thunder both made it to their conference finals with the 5th and 6th lowest payrolls in the league. ThaBt is impressive. They were the 2 cheapest playoff teams.

No plenty of teams including these Dallas Mavericks in previous years have spent money and it got them no where.

The cost model that the Thunder and Bulls used isn't sustainable long term and you damn well know that. 

Lets see if you are singing this same tune when OKC has to decide between Harden and Westbrook because they gave Perkins that contract.

Cheap doesn't win in the long-run. Period. It never has in any professional sport.

Cap conscious is fine when your entire team is 22 and you've got a load of guys that are still riding their rookie deals... When it comes time to re-up, cap conscious turns into being cheap. Either that or you're spending money like everybody else that wants to maintain a run and win.

Cheap teams don't win 50 games every year for over a decade, make multiple Finals appearances and win a title.

The Thunder paid Durant and Perkins. If they want to sustain this thing they're going to have to pay Harden and Westbrook, maybe Ibaka too.

Cheap doesn't win in the long-run. Period. It never has in any professional sport.

Cap conscious is fine when your entire team is 22 and you've got a load of guys that are still riding their rookie deals... When it comes time to re-up, cap conscious turns into being cheap. Either that or you're spending money like everybody else that wants to maintain a run and win.

Cheap teams don't win 50 games every year for over a decade, make multiple Finals appearances and win a title.

The Thunder paid Durant and Perkins. If they want to sustain this thing they're going to have to pay Harden and Westbrook, maybe Ibaka too.

there's a salary cap in the nba, i don't see what the issue is.

anyhow props to dallas, they'll be tough to dethrone next year.

crazy and well deserved how the mavs reputation and dirks reputation as playoff chokers was erased this year as well with the great postseason they had.

there's a salary cap in the nba, i don't see what the issue is.

anyhow props to dallas, they'll be tough to dethrone next year.

crazy and well deserved how the mavs reputation and dirks reputation as playoff chokers was erased this year as well with the great postseason they had.

Why do I find it funny I AM THAT DUDE used to be a Mavs fan? 
laugh.gif
Or at least a frequent poster about the Mavs before the Sonics became the Thunder.

laugh.gif
Or at least a frequent poster about the Mavs before the Sonics became the Thunder.

call me crazy, but the lockout or shortened season could benefit older teams like the mavs

call me crazy, but the lockout or shortened season could benefit older teams like the mavs

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

Dude showed me where the Mavs message board was on Ezboard and everything.
laugh.gif

I mean dude gave his reason but its BS to me. Lawton ain't that close to OKC.

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif

Dude showed me where the Mavs message board was on Ezboard and everything.
laugh.gif

I mean dude gave his reason but its BS to me. Lawton ain't that close to OKC.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the question is how will caron perform after his injury

blowing up a knee is never a good thing and its almost impossible to recover 100% from injuries like that

Even if he does come back 100 percent which is extremely unlikely dude is on the wrong side of 30.

i wish you would talk some sense into japanair about caron.
laugh.gif
 the mavs do not need caron butler. they won a title without him. i am more interested in seeing what they do with roddy b and barea. you know they will re sign chandler.

do the mavs have the mle they can use this year?

let stevinson go and pick up a back up guard

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

the question is how will caron perform after his injury

blowing up a knee is never a good thing and its almost impossible to recover 100% from injuries like that

Even if he does come back 100 percent which is extremely unlikely dude is on the wrong side of 30.

i wish you would talk some sense into japanair about caron.
laugh.gif
 the mavs do not need caron butler. they won a title without him. i am more interested in seeing what they do with roddy b and barea. you know they will re sign chandler.

do the mavs have the mle they can use this year?

let stevinson go and pick up a back up guard

and oh yea anybody know anything about the former mavs assistant coach the lakers are about to sign?

and oh yea anybody know anything about the former mavs assistant coach the lakers are about to sign?

Originally Posted by Drama23

congrats, Nash to come back and replace Kidd next year.  my dude Nash deserves one.. 
frown.gif
He's the next guy I think everyone wants to see win a ring along with grant hill.
I would hope somehow both Nash and Hill got to a team where they have a chance. Nash I can see going to New York.

Originally Posted by Drama23

congrats, Nash to come back and replace Kidd next year.  my dude Nash deserves one.. 
frown.gif
He's the next guy I think everyone wants to see win a ring along with grant hill.
I would hope somehow both Nash and Hill got to a team where they have a chance. Nash I can see going to New York.

Back
Top Bottom