Official 2011 Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread. VOL: 2011 NBA Champions, Welcome Rudy Fernandez!

Realistically,
Only one player from the draft will actually make the team.....a PF is the way to go. But if we somehow keep Chandler, Haywood, and Mahimi, we don't need anything else since I really think Butler X Roddy X Brewer are versatile enough to carry the load when Dirk rest in the future.

Realistically,
Only one player from the draft will actually make the team.....a PF is the way to go. But if we somehow keep Chandler, Haywood, and Mahimi, we don't need anything else since I really think Butler X Roddy X Brewer are versatile enough to carry the load when Dirk rest in the future.

Folks talking about the draft and free agents, I'm still celebrating.

I don't even want to think about next year yet.

Folks talking about the draft and free agents, I'm still celebrating.

I don't even want to think about next year yet.

A lot of you assuming Caron will be back, and I hope so, but that's a bit premature.

I really don't mind who the Mavericks draft. BPA IMO.

A lot of you assuming Caron will be back, and I hope so, but that's a bit premature.

I really don't mind who the Mavericks draft. BPA IMO.

^ agreed.

LOL @ sneakerpro...

we have all year to celebrate but the draft is the next task at hand

^ agreed.

LOL @ sneakerpro...

we have all year to celebrate but the draft is the next task at hand

They need to make a run at deron Williams. I doubt he resigns in NJ

I say let Caron walk and have Kidd take a paycut.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Kidd can't take a paycut.

I'd let him retire after his contract is up(next year) THEN chase Deron.

I match any offer Tyson gets no matter what.

I'm not a Caron hater but I honestly don't think we win the championship if he played the whole season.  He was a ball stopper and didn't space the floor. He's a solid defender but not elite.  Ig we can get a discount then I bring him back, if not he can go kick rocks.

JJ is the one guy I don't know about. A player of his skill set has to be on the roster, however dude is an obvious defensive liability but the guy is fearless and I don't know if Roddy will ever be even if he is a "better" player.

I think some team is going to overpay JJ though

I'm not a Caron hater but I honestly don't think we win the championship if he played the whole season.  He was a ball stopper and didn't space the floor. He's a solid defender but not elite.  Ig we can get a discount then I bring him back, if not he can go kick rocks.

JJ is the one guy I don't know about. A player of his skill set has to be on the roster, however dude is an obvious defensive liability but the guy is fearless and I don't know if Roddy will ever be even if he is a "better" player.

the question is how will caron perform after his injury

blowing up a knee is never a good thing and its almost impossible to recover 100% from injuries like that

blowing up a knee is never a good thing and its almost impossible to recover 100% from injuries like that

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Even if he does come back 100 percent which is extremely unlikely dude is on the wrong side of 30.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Even if he does come back 100 percent which is extremely unlikely dude is on the wrong side of 30.

I hope the CBA breaks these Mavs up and every other team who uses having a rich owner to their competitive advantage and creates monster payroll teams. Of course the Lakers, and Mavs, and teams in that class are going to win, they have the most talent because they're spending the most for it. It's next to impossible to be cap conscious and win, because you're more than likely going to have a lot of young players on their rookie deals.

I hope the CBA breaks these Mavs up and every other team who uses having a rich owner to their competitive advantage and creates monster payroll teams. Of course the Lakers, and Mavs, and teams in that class are going to win, they have the most talent because they're spending the most for it. It's next to impossible to be cap conscious and win, because you're more than likely going to have a lot of young players on their rookie deals.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Reported.

This is trolling in our offseason thread.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Reported.

This is trolling in our offseason thread.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

i got my years mixed up on Kidd.

i'm probably in the minority on JJ, but i'd still prefer Roddy. Roddy is bigger, a better athlete, and can shoot. I think with a full year under his belt, he can do what JJ did, which is run off of dirk and shoot layups. however, i'd offer him in a deal to get Deron williams this year.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

i got my years mixed up on Kidd.

i'm probably in the minority on JJ, but i'd still prefer Roddy. Roddy is bigger, a better athlete, and can shoot. I think with a full year under his belt, he can do what JJ did, which is run off of dirk and shoot layups. however, i'd offer him in a deal to get Deron williams this year.

Back
Top Bottom