OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by sinser13

#Dodgers lineup: Furcal 6, De Jesus 4, Ethier 9, Kemp 8, Uribe 5, Loney 3, Thames 7, Barajas 2, Billingsley 1

You got the same twitter update I did??  
laugh.gif

ok ill play devils advocate here...

i have been to the last 3 opening days.. 09 in top deck, 10 field level, 11 infield reserve. ALL three levels had opposite teams fans. and all three get heckled. and by the 7th inning 75% of them say something back.. or stand up and pop their shirt, wave their towel to get the everyone to boo at them. then it turns into throwing popcorn.. then if it keeps going to throwing beer or soda... and on and on till it ends up in a fight.

to those other 25% that chill and watch the game...dont seek attention, dont cause a stir, im gonna say 95% of that 25% dont get messed with*

it is KNOWN that LA is a hostile stadium. There is a RISK factor.. there shouldnt be in theory.. but THERE IS. I HATE that there is.. but like i said.. there is.

And what wasnt reported in the story was IF the giants fans were provoked in the parking lot and OPENED THEIR MOUTHS and said something back, instead of just walking to their car... im gonna say chances are nothing would have happened. I see it all the time walking down to sunset from the game.. last night some dude in giants gear was walking up the hill yelling stuff where cars are zooming by leaving, and 100s of fans are walking out of the stadium.  what does that say?  he had his arms up in the air with his shirt off yelling stuff. dude was looking for something to go wrong.. skinny white kid walking up the hill.. come on man.

im not condoning what happened.  it sucks that it does.. but plain and simple.. it does happen. so BOTH sides need to be smart. when i leave the stadium.. i walk fast and keep my eyes open.  dont cause a scene, dont say anything stupid.

hey giants fans.. you want that bullseye on you when you come to dodger stadium? wear all your giants gear, plus your world series hat, and stand out in a crowd.  ill look at you and shake my head.. i wont say anything to you.. but you should know damn right someone else will... especially where there is alcohol involved. my advice? dont talk back. dont provoke back. dont be obnoxious. sorry you have to deal with it, but those are the risks.

*my percentage numbers are not valid in the Pavilion sections

ok ill play devils advocate here...

i have been to the last 3 opening days.. 09 in top deck, 10 field level, 11 infield reserve. ALL three levels had opposite teams fans. and all three get heckled. and by the 7th inning 75% of them say something back.. or stand up and pop their shirt, wave their towel to get the everyone to boo at them. then it turns into throwing popcorn.. then if it keeps going to throwing beer or soda... and on and on till it ends up in a fight.

to those other 25% that chill and watch the game...dont seek attention, dont cause a stir, im gonna say 95% of that 25% dont get messed with*

it is KNOWN that LA is a hostile stadium. There is a RISK factor.. there shouldnt be in theory.. but THERE IS. I HATE that there is.. but like i said.. there is.

And what wasnt reported in the story was IF the giants fans were provoked in the parking lot and OPENED THEIR MOUTHS and said something back, instead of just walking to their car... im gonna say chances are nothing would have happened. I see it all the time walking down to sunset from the game.. last night some dude in giants gear was walking up the hill yelling stuff where cars are zooming by leaving, and 100s of fans are walking out of the stadium.  what does that say?  he had his arms up in the air with his shirt off yelling stuff. dude was looking for something to go wrong.. skinny white kid walking up the hill.. come on man.

im not condoning what happened.  it sucks that it does.. but plain and simple.. it does happen. so BOTH sides need to be smart. when i leave the stadium.. i walk fast and keep my eyes open.  dont cause a scene, dont say anything stupid.

hey giants fans.. you want that bullseye on you when you come to dodger stadium? wear all your giants gear, plus your world series hat, and stand out in a crowd.  ill look at you and shake my head.. i wont say anything to you.. but you should know damn right someone else will... especially where there is alcohol involved. my advice? dont talk back. dont provoke back. dont be obnoxious. sorry you have to deal with it, but those are the risks.

*my percentage numbers are not valid in the Pavilion sections

the point is that people go to these games with the intention to start $#%#. talking trash is no big deal, it shouldnt ever get to the point that dudes are getting jumped in the parking lot. there is no excuse for the ghetto trash that like to cross the line. if a giants fan is running around the lot with a world series banner, thats cool. hes not up in peoples faces telling them to @%+# off, hes just being obnoxious. same deal inside the stadium. you literally have dodger fans that search people out and start throwing/ yelling $#%# at them with the sole intention of instigating a fight. its not just friendly banter anymore, it goes beyond the actual game. if i was a giants fan, id be flaunting that championship too. that doesnt give anyone the right to get physical.

there was no sense of threat to opposing fans up until the past few years. i mean, no threat to the general fan that just wants to watch a game. if you got brave, you knew the outcome. now, just by wearing an opposing jersey or shirt, people think its open season to mess with you in a serious manner. these types of morons dont care about the game or its outcome. its about wearing a dodgers jersey and thinking that gives you a free pass to @%+# someones night up.

i wouldnt sit anywhere but the field or inner loge level if i wasnt a dodger fan, and its stupid that it has even come to that. its ridiculous that people should have to accomodate the ****heads that inundate the stadium.

the point is that people go to these games with the intention to start $#%#. talking trash is no big deal, it shouldnt ever get to the point that dudes are getting jumped in the parking lot. there is no excuse for the ghetto trash that like to cross the line. if a giants fan is running around the lot with a world series banner, thats cool. hes not up in peoples faces telling them to @%+# off, hes just being obnoxious. same deal inside the stadium. you literally have dodger fans that search people out and start throwing/ yelling $#%# at them with the sole intention of instigating a fight. its not just friendly banter anymore, it goes beyond the actual game. if i was a giants fan, id be flaunting that championship too. that doesnt give anyone the right to get physical.

there was no sense of threat to opposing fans up until the past few years. i mean, no threat to the general fan that just wants to watch a game. if you got brave, you knew the outcome. now, just by wearing an opposing jersey or shirt, people think its open season to mess with you in a serious manner. these types of morons dont care about the game or its outcome. its about wearing a dodgers jersey and thinking that gives you a free pass to @%+# someones night up.

i wouldnt sit anywhere but the field or inner loge level if i wasnt a dodger fan, and its stupid that it has even come to that. its ridiculous that people should have to accomodate the ****heads that inundate the stadium.

and I agree 100% with what you said IYN.

i just want to know if that guy that is in the hospital said something back, or he was just randomly jumped for wearing orange and black. If you are looking for trouble at Dodger stadium.. you are gonna get it.. plane and simple.

its a risk. and its sad.

and I agree 100% with what you said IYN.

i just want to know if that guy that is in the hospital said something back, or he was just randomly jumped for wearing orange and black. If you are looking for trouble at Dodger stadium.. you are gonna get it.. plane and simple.

its a risk. and its sad.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

well remember when that giants fan got shot at dodger stadium a few years back
30t6p3b.gif

09 Giant fan shot to death
10 Giant fan chased down the sunset gate and stabbed

11 parking lot beating

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Are you referring solely to Opening Day?The Giant fan didnt get shot in the parking lot in 2009. It was back in 2004-2005. The guy who got stabbed last year was not a Giant fan, we played the DBacks on opening day. It was two Dodger fans involved. That's what happens when you bust someones back window by flinging a beer bottle.

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

well remember when that giants fan got shot at dodger stadium a few years back
30t6p3b.gif

09 Giant fan shot to death
10 Giant fan chased down the sunset gate and stabbed

11 parking lot beating

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Are you referring solely to Opening Day?The Giant fan didnt get shot in the parking lot in 2009. It was back in 2004-2005. The guy who got stabbed last year was not a Giant fan, we played the DBacks on opening day. It was two Dodger fans involved. That's what happens when you bust someones back window by flinging a beer bottle.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i wouldnt sit anywhere but the field or inner loge level if i wasnt a dodger fan, and its stupid that it has even come to that. its ridiculous that people should have to accomodate the (edit) that inundate the stadium.
IYN.  Might wanna edit that out.

I 100% agree with what you said.  Man even loge is a bit sketchy if you ask me.  I'm a Padres fan living in LA and try to get out to Dodgers Stadium when the Pads are in town . I'll usually hit up a handful of other games throughout the season too, just cause I like baseball.  I'm never trying to cause a commotion or anything more than playful banter between fans, and most of the time I dont really get hassled.  That being said, my wife sometimes has reservations about going to games with me, and so for her sake I'll leave my gear at home and maybe just rock a fitted.

i wouldnt sit anywhere but the field or inner loge level if i wasnt a dodger fan, and its stupid that it has even come to that. its ridiculous that people should have to accomodate the (edit) that inundate the stadium.

I 100% agree with what you said.  Man even loge is a bit sketchy if you ask me.  I'm a Padres fan living in LA and try to get out to Dodgers Stadium when the Pads are in town . I'll usually hit up a handful of other games throughout the season too, just cause I like baseball.  I'm never trying to cause a commotion or anything more than playful banter between fans, and most of the time I dont really get hassled.  That being said, my wife sometimes has reservations about going to games with me, and so for her sake I'll leave my gear at home and maybe just rock a fitted.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Exactly what i would do if I went to to a SF or SD game.

(boo padres)

(boo padres)

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

(boo padres)
not me i been to angels stadium with my cousin (her friend has season tickets) and was dodgered out tellin angels fans n other fans the angels are the clippers n so and so is trash and S_ but yea i see wut u sayin u with your wife so i can respect n also in those days i was bout that life

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

(boo padres)
not me i been to angels stadium with my cousin (her friend has season tickets) and was dodgered out tellin angels fans n other fans the angels are the clippers n so and so is trash and S_ but yea i see wut u sayin u with your wife so i can respect n also in those days i was bout that life

i wish they would just hire a ++!!!#$$ of police/security for like a month and just come down hard on these dudes. arrest people for whatever petty +#*! they can find, gestapo style. racial profiling, unfair harassment, whatever it takes to keep the idiots away.
laugh.gif

Agreed 10 times over.
After stadium security told us to make our way to the stadium, as we were walking up to the Reserve gates there was a caravan of about 7 or 8 LAPD cruisers, driving around the perimeter.

They need to up it by about another 20 more.

LAPD needs to take it back to late 80's-early 90's Rampart scare tactics
+$%$$ rediculous, i had an incident happen in 07 when i was at a game with my son. i got harassed by these cholo clown idiots for the huge crime of wearing a mets shirt and hat.  not for running my mouth, not for trying to start problems, and not for acting like an ##*,  for simply wearing a shirt and a hat of the opposing team. after hearing %%%# for a few innings i finally let em know to cut it out an that the dodgers don't know who they are so why are they takin the game so seriously, that made things worse and 3 clowns are up in my face, i just told em that their some real tough guys for coming up 3 deep on some dude at a game with his kid.  luckily for me the rest of the crowd where i was sitting at realized what was going on and backed me up. these 2 huge dudes i was going back and forth with jokingly the entire game  got up in the 3 dudes faces who were giving me crap and told them the same thing how they were {()} for coming at me the way they did.  after that everything calmed down.

i had another incident happen in 04 where me and 3 of my friends punked the dudes who were starting stuff but i don't feel like going fully into detail on that one
laugh.gif

aside from that i've seen so much craziness happen at dodger giant games that it's just rediculous.

it's so stupid how dudes are willing to catch a case and risk their freedom over a baseball team when that team has no clue who they are and most likely thinks their stupid for causing problems like that.

i could see if a fan from the opposing team is acting like a jerk, being rude and obnixous the entire game and is starting crap, how fans would take exception to that, but even then unless the person is trying to start a fight with you or says something that crosses the line, just chill it out it aint that serious.

what these dudes need to realize is that not everyone in los angeles likes the dodgers, there's people here that moved from other cities, and there's people here who are fans of other teams. they shouldn't have to worry about getting beat up by scum just because they go to a game and cheer for their favorite team.   if i was a giant fan living in LA, i'd be at the dodger giant game with a giants jersey and my 2010 world series patch hat on and enjoying seeing my team play their rival on the road just like a dodger fan in san francisco would do if the dodgers win the world series and it shouldn't be a crime for either one of them to cheer for their team on the road.

bottom line with dodger stadium is that they need to crack down on that crap, arrest the people involved in these incidents and throw the book at them, make examples of them because their ruining the expierence, i couldn't imagine whats going through the mind of a family of 4 who goes to a game to have a good time and they end up seeing a ton of fights in the seats around them and seeing beer and peanuts being thrown all over the place.

it really sucks because i'd say 98% of dodger fans are real cool people but the 2% of morons give LA fans in general a bad rap that's undeserved off the actions of a few.

i wish they would just hire a ++!!!#$$ of police/security for like a month and just come down hard on these dudes. arrest people for whatever petty +#*! they can find, gestapo style. racial profiling, unfair harassment, whatever it takes to keep the idiots away.
laugh.gif

Agreed 10 times over.
After stadium security told us to make our way to the stadium, as we were walking up to the Reserve gates there was a caravan of about 7 or 8 LAPD cruisers, driving around the perimeter.

+$%$$ rediculous, i had an incident happen in 07 when i was at a game with my son. i got harassed by these cholo clown idiots for the huge crime of wearing a mets shirt and hat.  not for running my mouth, not for trying to start problems, and not for acting like an ##*,  for simply wearing a shirt and a hat of the opposing team. after hearing %%%# for a few innings i finally let em know to cut it out an that the dodgers don't know who they are so why are they takin the game so seriously, that made things worse and 3 clowns are up in my face, i just told em that their some real tough guys for coming up 3 deep on some dude at a game with his kid.  luckily for me the rest of the crowd where i was sitting at realized what was going on and backed me up. these 2 huge dudes i was going back and forth with jokingly the entire game  got up in the 3 dudes faces who were giving me crap and told them the same thing how they were {()} for coming at me the way they did.  after that everything calmed down.

i had another incident happen in 04 where me and 3 of my friends punked the dudes who were starting stuff but i don't feel like going fully into detail on that one
laugh.gif

aside from that i've seen so much craziness happen at dodger giant games that it's just rediculous.

it's so stupid how dudes are willing to catch a case and risk their freedom over a baseball team when that team has no clue who they are and most likely thinks their stupid for causing problems like that.

i could see if a fan from the opposing team is acting like a jerk, being rude and obnixous the entire game and is starting crap, how fans would take exception to that, but even then unless the person is trying to start a fight with you or says something that crosses the line, just chill it out it aint that serious.

what these dudes need to realize is that not everyone in los angeles likes the dodgers, there's people here that moved from other cities, and there's people here who are fans of other teams. they shouldn't have to worry about getting beat up by scum just because they go to a game and cheer for their favorite team.   if i was a giant fan living in LA, i'd be at the dodger giant game with a giants jersey and my 2010 world series patch hat on and enjoying seeing my team play their rival on the road just like a dodger fan in san francisco would do if the dodgers win the world series and it shouldn't be a crime for either one of them to cheer for their team on the road.

bottom line with dodger stadium is that they need to crack down on that crap, arrest the people involved in these incidents and throw the book at them, make examples of them because their ruining the expierence, i couldn't imagine whats going through the mind of a family of 4 who goes to a game to have a good time and they end up seeing a ton of fights in the seats around them and seeing beer and peanuts being thrown all over the place.

it really sucks because i'd say 98% of dodger fans are real cool people but the 2% of morons give LA fans in general a bad rap that's undeserved off the actions of a few.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif

Agreed 10 times over.

laugh.gif

to your point about the giants fan hatred:
with these eses the hate not only stems from a bitter rivalry, but a lot of these dudes have been either to jail or prison. and in the CA prison system dudes from LA are gonna hate dudes from SF because of the prison gangs (eses/enes) so they not only see it as disrespect to their team but to their gangs. therefore when a dude is wearing a giants anything their initial response is F_ that i aint lettin it slide. it aint right n i cant stand them type ese dudes but fans of other teams should kno based on past incidents. it aint right but its the way it is. and yes the mccourts should address this issue but can we really count on them to do anything right.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif

Agreed 10 times over.

laugh.gif

to your point about the giants fan hatred:
with these eses the hate not only stems from a bitter rivalry, but a lot of these dudes have been either to jail or prison. and in the CA prison system dudes from LA are gonna hate dudes from SF because of the prison gangs (eses/enes) so they not only see it as disrespect to their team but to their gangs. therefore when a dude is wearing a giants anything their initial response is F_ that i aint lettin it slide. it aint right n i cant stand them type ese dudes but fans of other teams should kno based on past incidents. it aint right but its the way it is. and yes the mccourts should address this issue but can we really count on them to do anything right.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom