Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by franchise3

Dirk has a torn tendon in his middle finger on his left hand and will wear a splint the rest of the series.

here comes the excuses... "miami only won because dirk %#$%%# up his finger"
roll.gif

Dirk has a torn tendon in his middle finger on his left hand and will wear a splint the rest of the series.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Originally Posted by EvansST

They are but Miami can match them offensively and kill them defensively. Dallas kept Miami to under 40% shooting and STILL lost by almost double digits.

Miami is going to continue to play great defense. Do you really believe Miami is going to shoot under 40% in the next upcoming games?

Highly unlikely.
That's the funny thing, the starters shot really good from the field, it wasn't until the bench came in that things started falling apart. Barea and Peja combined for 1-11 and they had hands down the easiest looks for anyone in the game. Barea's shots were all either 15 footers open or layups/floaters he easily makes, Peja had three WIDE open three's he usually knocks down.
I wouldn't say Miami will shut them down defensively either, Mavs have proven they can't really be stopped in half-court. They just can't be outrebounded by that much AND have such a terrible night from the bench and I think both of those things will turn around for Game 2.
I bet that will continue. LeBron and D. Wade didn't score over 29 against Chicago's defense so what makes you think Dirk is going off for like 50 against the Heat defense?

They are but Miami can match them offensively and kill them defensively. Dallas kept Miami to under 40% shooting and STILL lost by almost double digits.

Miami is going to continue to play great defense. Do you really believe Miami is going to shoot under 40% in the next upcoming games?

Highly unlikely.
That's the funny thing, the starters shot really good from the field, it wasn't until the bench came in that things started falling apart. Barea and Peja combined for 1-11 and they had hands down the easiest looks for anyone in the game. Barea's shots were all either 15 footers open or layups/floaters he easily makes, Peja had three WIDE open three's he usually knocks down.
I wouldn't say Miami will shut them down defensively either, Mavs have proven they can't really be stopped in half-court. They just can't be outrebounded by that much AND have such a terrible night from the bench and I think both of those things will turn around for Game 2.
I bet that will continue. LeBron and D. Wade didn't score over 29 against Chicago's defense so what makes you think Dirk is going off for like 50 against the Heat defense?

Jinx.

But yeah. I don't think the zone defense will work on Miami. Problem is, Rick has to use it since JJ, Peja, Jet are defensive liabilities.
Did you watch the first half?

Dallas was brilliant on defense in the first half. All they were doing is settling for jumpshots.

A lot of our loss comes down to rebounding, they didn't shoot that much better than us for the game.

We missed wide open shots we normally make. You can't be mad at that. Our own fault.

Jinx.

But yeah. I don't think the zone defense will work on Miami. Problem is, Rick has to use it since JJ, Peja, Jet are defensive liabilities.

Dallas was brilliant on defense in the first half. All they were doing is settling for jumpshots.

A lot of our loss comes down to rebounding, they didn't shoot that much better than us for the game.

We missed wide open shots we normally make. You can't be mad at that. Our own fault.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

roll.gif
Yep. Doesn't Wade have a messed up shoulder?

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

roll.gif
Yep. Doesn't Wade have a messed up shoulder?

Highly unlikely.

I don't think he has to, if Dirk can Average 27-32 PPG for this series, he puts his team in a great position to win.
We won't see anymore 40+ point explosions out of him in this series so everyone can just put those expectations away.

Also why are people worried about Dirk's torn tendon? Maybe if it was on his shooting hand I'd be a little worried but on his off hand? That in no way affects his shot.

Highly unlikely.

I don't think he has to, if Dirk can Average 27-32 PPG for this series, he puts his team in a great position to win.
We won't see anymore 40+ point explosions out of him in this series so everyone can just put those expectations away.

Also why are people worried about Dirk's torn tendon? Maybe if it was on his shooting hand I'd be a little worried but on his off hand? That in no way affects his shot.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Jinx.

old people run outta gas at the end of games... it is what it is..

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Jinx.

old people run outta gas at the end of games... it is what it is..

I don't think it should affect dirk THAT much. Kobe could still shoot with a torn tendon on his shooting hand. 

I don't think it should affect dirk THAT much. Kobe could still shoot with a torn tendon on his shooting hand. 

Back
Top Bottom