Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Miami in 4 - I said this before The Finals started. Dallas looked bad, slow, old, it seemed like they didnt want it. You can see Miami wants it bad. Heat gonna sweep this u^p

I'm a little lost. What is the Mavs tempo if they played MIA's game? It can't be uptempo cuz the Heat can go wild in that type of up n down pace. If they just want a shoot out just say so.

I thought they were closer to a halfcourt team than transitional one.

I said it earlier. You play like a bunch of individuals, you lose.

You play like a team, you win.

We had some guys have good individual performances, Marion and Chandler to note, but not the rest of our guys.

Tyson really needs to go out there and take command of the boards.

For all their success, Miami sure relied on their jumpshooting a lot this game. For a team like Dallas, expected, but not for Miami.

Anyways, whatever, it's one game, on the road. Their shooters are comfortable, ours aren't right now. Gotta come out strong and FAST in Game 2.

As good as the Heat are in transition, walking the ball up every possession isn't good for us. We pushed the tempo for three straight series, and we pretty much dominated all three opponents.

We play slow basketball, that plays into their hands.

I said it earlier. You play like a bunch of individuals, you lose.

You play like a team, you win.

We had some guys have good individual performances, Marion and Chandler to note, but not the rest of our guys.

Tyson really needs to go out there and take command of the boards.

For all their success, Miami sure relied on their jumpshooting a lot this game. For a team like Dallas, expected, but not for Miami.

Anyways, whatever, it's one game, on the road. Their shooters are comfortable, ours aren't right now. Gotta come out strong and FAST in Game 2.

As good as the Heat are in transition, walking the ball up every possession isn't good for us. We pushed the tempo for three straight series, and we pretty much dominated all three opponents.

We play slow basketball, that plays into their hands.

I'm a little lost. What is the Mavs tempo if they played MIA's game? It can't be uptempo cuz the Heat can go wild in that type of up n down pace. If they just want a shoot out just say so.

I thought they were closer to a halfcourt team than transitional one.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sick.gif
@ thought of erica dampier getting a ring before dirk
roll.gif

dirk needs to shoot more than 20 shots...he didnt start to get serious until the 4th

cant believe carlisle is getting outcoached by spoelstra
laugh.gif

dont be suprised... as much as i hated him for his rotations and all  ill give credit for being able to make this team a TEAM..  he was a video guy and watch a lot of plays and things that went wrong with the heat... he has watched enough film to know the ins and outs.....
yeah he seems to make %%@$ happen after time outs and is good with his in game adjustments

mario chalmers>paxson?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sick.gif
@ thought of erica dampier getting a ring before dirk
roll.gif

dirk needs to shoot more than 20 shots...he didnt start to get serious until the 4th

cant believe carlisle is getting outcoached by spoelstra
laugh.gif

dont be suprised... as much as i hated him for his rotations and all  ill give credit for being able to make this team a TEAM..  he was a video guy and watch a lot of plays and things that went wrong with the heat... he has watched enough film to know the ins and outs.....
yeah he seems to make %%@$ happen after time outs and is good with his in game adjustments

mario chalmers>paxson?

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Originally Posted by EvansST

Game 2 will look completely different, you think Carlisle is going to let a team without a Center outrebound him by 10 when they have so much more size? That will be his main point I gurantee it.

Also the bench has to play better and I have no doubt that they will.
Ehh I don't agree.

Chi-town was the best defensive/ rebounding team left in the playoffs and Miami beat them in five.
Yes, but those things only matter if you're making them turn into points on the other side, that was something Chicago struggled to do because they honed in on Rose and made him take tough shots and pass it off. 
Dallas is a much better offensive team, they don't have to play as good defensively as the Bulls they just have to rebound the ball when it goes off the glass and it WILL turn into points on the other end.
They are but Miami can match them offensively and kill them defensively. Dallas kept Miami to under 40% shooting and STILL lost by almost double digits.

Miami is going to continue to play great defense. Do you really believe Miami is going to shoot under 40% in the next upcoming games?

Highly unlikely.

Game 2 will look completely different, you think Carlisle is going to let a team without a Center outrebound him by 10 when they have so much more size? That will be his main point I gurantee it.

Also the bench has to play better and I have no doubt that they will.
Ehh I don't agree.

Chi-town was the best defensive/ rebounding team left in the playoffs and Miami beat them in five.
Yes, but those things only matter if you're making them turn into points on the other side, that was something Chicago struggled to do because they honed in on Rose and made him take tough shots and pass it off. 
Dallas is a much better offensive team, they don't have to play as good defensively as the Bulls they just have to rebound the ball when it goes off the glass and it WILL turn into points on the other end.
They are but Miami can match them offensively and kill them defensively. Dallas kept Miami to under 40% shooting and STILL lost by almost double digits.

Miami is going to continue to play great defense. Do you really believe Miami is going to shoot under 40% in the next upcoming games?

Highly unlikely.

Ehh I don't agree.

Highly unlikely.
That's the funny thing, the starters shot really good from the field, it wasn't until the bench came in that things started falling apart. Barea and Peja combined for 1-11 and they had hands down the easiest looks for anyone in the game. Barea's shots were all either 15 footers open or layups/floaters he easily makes, Peja had three WIDE open three's he usually knocks down.
I wouldn't say Miami will shut them down defensively either, Mavs have proven they can't really be stopped in half-court. They just can't be outrebounded by that much AND have such a terrible night from the bench and I think both of those things will turn around for Game 2.

Ehh I don't agree.

Highly unlikely.
That's the funny thing, the starters shot really good from the field, it wasn't until the bench came in that things started falling apart. Barea and Peja combined for 1-11 and they had hands down the easiest looks for anyone in the game. Barea's shots were all either 15 footers open or layups/floaters he easily makes, Peja had three WIDE open three's he usually knocks down.
I wouldn't say Miami will shut them down defensively either, Mavs have proven they can't really be stopped in half-court. They just can't be outrebounded by that much AND have such a terrible night from the bench and I think both of those things will turn around for Game 2.

Dirk has a torn tendon in his middle finger on his left hand and will wear a splint the rest of the series.

Dirk just said he tore a tendon in his left hand and will have to wear a splint rest of the series.

Dirk just said he tore a tendon in his left hand and will have to wear a splint rest of the series.

Dirk has a torn tendon in his middle finger on his left hand and will wear a splint the rest of the series.

Luckily it's his off-hand, but still that's enough to take any shooter out of his game.

We'll see how much it impacts his game in Game 2. Could completely throw him off.

Luckily it's his off-hand, but still that's enough to take any shooter out of his game.

We'll see how much it impacts his game in Game 2. Could completely throw him off.

Dirk played so lazy tonite.
No offensive rhythm. No sustained hustle.
We looked lethargic and confused.
Next game I expect a performance similar to that of game 3 in OKC.

Dirk played so lazy tonite.
No offensive rhythm. No sustained hustle.
We looked lethargic and confused.
Next game I expect a performance similar to that of game 3 in OKC.

Jinx.

But yeah. I don't think the zone defense will work on Miami. Problem is, Rick has to use it since JJ, Peja, Jet are defensive liabilities.

Jinx.

But yeah. I don't think the zone defense will work on Miami. Problem is, Rick has to use it since JJ, Peja, Jet are defensive liabilities.

Back
Top Bottom