Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by DubA169

i can't lie it really does feel like the heat are in control of a game even when they are down 6 or 8 points and taking contested shots

i think it's subconscious. i dunno the players are just so much more athletic or you assume they will eventually get bogus calls.

This

People have Miami Heat shlonng on the brain, shout out to Alexyss Tylor

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Mavs pretty much controlled 2 and a half quarters in game one, and controlled the first half in game 2.

That is utter crap. No way in hell did they control the first half in game 2. The score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead. After the score started reflecting the play on the court, the Heat's lead skyrocketed until they stopped caring and allowed the comeback.

Other than that, I really don't know what series you've been watching. It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses. The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on. The Heat are there to meet every pass, sometimes even until the shot clock expires. Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line. The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

All the Heat management needs to do is get through their thick skulls the fact that Chris Bosh, a guy who is shooting 26% from the field is averaging 17 shots per game, while a guy who is shooting 55%, LeBron, is averaging 15.5 shots.
This.

Mavs pretty much controlled 2 and a half quarters in game one, and controlled the first half in game 2.

That is utter crap. No way in hell did they control the first half in game 2. The score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead. After the score started reflecting the play on the court, the Heat's lead skyrocketed until they stopped caring and allowed the comeback.

Other than that, I really don't know what series you've been watching. It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses. The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on. The Heat are there to meet every pass, sometimes even until the shot clock expires. Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line. The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

All the Heat management needs to do is get through their thick skulls the fact that Chris Bosh, a guy who is shooting 26% from the field is averaging 17 shots per game, while a guy who is shooting 55%, LeBron, is averaging 15.5 shots.
This.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's mildly hilarious hearing the difference in reactions from Heat supporters over the last 7 minutes of that game and the last few minutes of Game 3 in 2006... Were the Mavericks "bored" and "lost focus" in 2006 when they lost that Game 3? No, they were soft and had no heart and this and that and all the other BS...

All that matters is the end result... The Mavs have played pretty crappy basketball for the better part of 8 quarters and they're coming home 1-1. Gotta ride the wave from Thursday and win tomorrow night and take control of the series.

And Wade and LeBron had issues against the Celtics? What series did you watch? Combined they averaged 58 points, 15 boards, 8 assists and shot 50% from the field for that series... Nobody can guard those two dudes, especially if they've got it going from deep like they did in Games 1 and 2.
I mean obviously nobady can guard them if they're knocking down 3s, but wade is a TERRIBLE 3 point shooter and LeBron has improved but hes still not a very good 3 point shooter, however these playoffs hes been knocking them down for the most part. But as I said way earlier the giving the ball to lebron or wade in iso down the stretch is only gonna work for so long, and you saw that it didnt work in game 2. What no heat fans are pointing out and ignoring is that Dallas had 20 turonvers and still won the game. People are saying after that game they know Miami is the better team, but none of them are saying how dallas had 20 turnovers and still won. So heat fans can think all they want but bottom line is heat are looking at a very, very tough series ahead of them.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's mildly hilarious hearing the difference in reactions from Heat supporters over the last 7 minutes of that game and the last few minutes of Game 3 in 2006... Were the Mavericks "bored" and "lost focus" in 2006 when they lost that Game 3? No, they were soft and had no heart and this and that and all the other BS...

All that matters is the end result... The Mavs have played pretty crappy basketball for the better part of 8 quarters and they're coming home 1-1. Gotta ride the wave from Thursday and win tomorrow night and take control of the series.

And Wade and LeBron had issues against the Celtics? What series did you watch? Combined they averaged 58 points, 15 boards, 8 assists and shot 50% from the field for that series... Nobody can guard those two dudes, especially if they've got it going from deep like they did in Games 1 and 2.
I mean obviously nobady can guard them if they're knocking down 3s, but wade is a TERRIBLE 3 point shooter and LeBron has improved but hes still not a very good 3 point shooter, however these playoffs hes been knocking them down for the most part. But as I said way earlier the giving the ball to lebron or wade in iso down the stretch is only gonna work for so long, and you saw that it didnt work in game 2. What no heat fans are pointing out and ignoring is that Dallas had 20 turonvers and still won the game. People are saying after that game they know Miami is the better team, but none of them are saying how dallas had 20 turnovers and still won. So heat fans can think all they want but bottom line is heat are looking at a very, very tough series ahead of them.

Other than the comeback, which really was more, or at least was just as much about Heat being out of control because they thought they had the game won than the Mavs being in control, the only part of the series that the Mavs controlled so far was the start of the third quarter in game 1.

The Mavs had the lead the whole 2nd quarter and pushed the lead to 9 with 2:57 to go in the half so I don't know what you are talking about. The Heat shot 8 straight free throws on calls away from the ball to cut it to 3 points. None of those calls were on penetration or plays going to the rim.

Wade then hits a borderline fadeaway three to tie the game on a 9-0 finish to end the half.

The Mavs had 3 good looks during this stretch and missed them. Those looks were no better or worse than any they have seen all playoffs long outside of the Laker series were dudes lightweight gave up. 

But but but but the controlled the game!  You groupies can believe that +@@* if you want to.

Wade and Bron are scoring in transition which is why their FG% is so high. I have yet to see them in a halfcourt set and feel like we can't guard them.

Other than the comeback, which really was more, or at least was just as much about Heat being out of control because they thought they had the game won than the Mavs being in control, the only part of the series that the Mavs controlled so far was the start of the third quarter in game 1.

The Mavs had the lead the whole 2nd quarter and pushed the lead to 9 with 2:57 to go in the half so I don't know what you are talking about. The Heat shot 8 straight free throws on calls away from the ball to cut it to 3 points. None of those calls were on penetration or plays going to the rim.

Wade then hits a borderline fadeaway three to tie the game on a 9-0 finish to end the half.

The Mavs had 3 good looks during this stretch and missed them. Those looks were no better or worse than any they have seen all playoffs long outside of the Laker series were dudes lightweight gave up. 

But but but but the controlled the game!  You groupies can believe that +@@* if you want to.

Wade and Bron are scoring in transition which is why their FG% is so high. I have yet to see them in a halfcourt set and feel like we can't guard them.

What I find hilarious is how fans of both teams try to downplay just how good the other team is or what the other team is doing right. Neither team has impressed me in this series and it will come down to game 6 or 7.

What I find hilarious is how fans of both teams try to downplay just how good the other team is or what the other team is doing right. Neither team has impressed me in this series and it will come down to game 6 or 7.

As a Neutral observer this is what I've seen:

1. Shawn Marion is having a great series and is taking advantage of the extra attention paid to Dirk
2. The Dallas Defense has been really good
3. The Miami Defense has been spectacular.
4. Good defenses put so much pressure on you that when you have good looks you rush them which is what is happening to Dallas.
5. Miami's half court offense is dependent on Chris Bosh Pulling the defense away from the basket and opening up driving lanes but the Dallas Defense hasn't allowed this to happen.
6. Miami's offense has relied on contested shots throughout the entire postseason
7. LeBron has had several opportunities to drive to the lane but he keeps kicking the ball out rather than forcing the issue and getting contact.
8. Dirk has played really well.
9. Most of the turnovers in game 2 were unforced.
10. Bandwagon jumpers for both teams are becoming completely irrational and stupid.

1. Shawn Marion is having a great series and is taking advantage of the extra attention paid to Dirk
4. Good defenses put so much pressure on you that when you have good looks you rush them which is what is happening to Dallas.
5. Miami's half court offense is dependent on Chris Bosh Pulling the defense away from the basket and opening up driving lanes but the Dallas Defense hasn't allowed this to happen.
6. Miami's offense has relied on contested shots throughout the entire postseason
7. LeBron has had several opportunities to drive to the lane but he keeps kicking the ball out rather than forcing the issue and getting contact.
10. Bandwagon jumpers for both teams are becoming completely irrational and stupid.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

"Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional." Says the guy who just typed this mess ^^^
I mean I want the Heat to lose so if it's any bias I have it's against them. I'm just dumb enough to view these finals as some type of toss up. Defense wins championships. The Heat have the superior defense. That's the objective truth.
Nobody said rebounds and turnovers arent a part of basketball, but that is the MAIN reason the Heat are in this series. Yes, the Miami defense caused alot of them, some of them were also unforced though. Dont act like Miami has totally outplayed the Mavs because they havent.
This is idiotic.
laugh.gif
@ that's why the Heat are in this series like the Mavs are choosing not to rebound and passing to Heat players on purpose. As far as I see it the Mavs are the ones lucky to be going home tied up. So what if rebounds and turnovers are the main reason. Something like getting a rebound after a missed shot and keeping your possession until you get a shot off is so essential to the game that it says more about the Mavs than the Heat. So rebounds and turnovers are the MAIN reason the Mavs will probably lose.

MIA hasn't totally outplayed the Mavs in every category (I doubt they will cuz they are not that great) but they're defense has been and is better.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

"Can't expect him not to be biased or delusional." Says the guy who just typed this mess ^^^
I mean I want the Heat to lose so if it's any bias I have it's against them. I'm just dumb enough to view these finals as some type of toss up. Defense wins championships. The Heat have the superior defense. That's the objective truth.
Nobody said rebounds and turnovers arent a part of basketball, but that is the MAIN reason the Heat are in this series. Yes, the Miami defense caused alot of them, some of them were also unforced though. Dont act like Miami has totally outplayed the Mavs because they havent.
This is idiotic.
laugh.gif
@ that's why the Heat are in this series like the Mavs are choosing not to rebound and passing to Heat players on purpose. As far as I see it the Mavs are the ones lucky to be going home tied up. So what if rebounds and turnovers are the main reason. Something like getting a rebound after a missed shot and keeping your possession until you get a shot off is so essential to the game that it says more about the Mavs than the Heat. So rebounds and turnovers are the MAIN reason the Mavs will probably lose.

MIA hasn't totally outplayed the Mavs in every category (I doubt they will cuz they are not that great) but they're defense has been and is better.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I agree.

LeBron needs to stay aggressive and I have no idea what Chris Bosh was doing last game, he reverted back to his earlier regular season ways
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

I agree.

LeBron needs to stay aggressive and I have no idea what Chris Bosh was doing last game, he reverted back to his earlier regular season ways
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Atgd, have you watched both games?
No I've been compiling info for my analysis of the series so far by blurbs from the Canadian Wall Street Journal and any highlights I happen to catch on NY12 news.
Because if you look at who's had the lead for the longest, you might be shocked to know it's very close.

The two games have been close until the 4th so who had a 4pt or 7pt lead for a longer period of time is irrelevant.

You watch the games and you realize that take away their transition points and their offensive boards they haven't played that great.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You can't be serious. Neither team controlled ANYTHING in game 1 until the 4th and that's cuz the Heat had offensive momentum in the 3rd. I think it's cuz you're such a life long fan of the Mavs that you're just geared to look at the team's offense and come to a conclusion from there but watch both games over. More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.
Game two, only really transition.
What you're not mentioning is how despite not leading in rebounding and the much improved effort on rebounding by the Mavs, the Heat managed to dominate on defense from the 3rd in to the 4th. Mid way through the 4th unlike in game 1 they had a 15pt lead and got comfortable despite the fact they were getting out rebounded and in your eyes had no half court offense. A lead all from the Mavs coughing up the ball and them forcing turnovers or missed shots.

The offense isn't gonna matter as much in this series compared to defense. Dirk and the rest will do their thing offensively to keep up but I highly doubt you'll be seeing any games like in round 2 against the Heat. You won game 2 because you managed to get stop after stop. Lets not forget near the end where the Heat got like 3 or 4 offensive rebounds in their half court offense which had they scored would've broke your team's momentum in that comeback. In transition or not the Heat are gonna get their points because they let their defense be their best offense.
Watch the goddamn game. Too often they just dribble out the clock and take a well contested jumper.
That was honestly only until the last 6-5 min of the game where they only went in the paint on 2 possessions. More to do with your teams defense than MIA's well known lack of a great half court offense and if you think about it if the game had always been closer (and the Heat weren't buckling under pressure) in a closer game throughout the 4th all they would have to do is give it to Wade so he could get fouled and keep your team at bay by, making them stagnant by standing around the FT line the rest of the game.
They are phenomenal basketball players so they can get away with it for a game or two, but you saw where it got themim game two. You saw how well wade played attacking the basket. Bron? He just shot jumpers most of the game
They also shot jumpers cuz they were looking for that killer blow to stop yall. Had they (mainly Wade) been running pick n roll with Bosh or Haslem game would've been different but that's why I chalk that game up to inexperience and getting comfortable even though the Heat have already been in the position of being the team to comeback from a deficit.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Atgd, have you watched both games?
No I've been compiling info for my analysis of the series so far by blurbs from the Canadian Wall Street Journal and any highlights I happen to catch on NY12 news.
Because if you look at who's had the lead for the longest, you might be shocked to know it's very close.

The two games have been close until the 4th so who had a 4pt or 7pt lead for a longer period of time is irrelevant.

You watch the games and you realize that take away their transition points and their offensive boards they haven't played that great.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You can't be serious. Neither team controlled ANYTHING in game 1 until the 4th and that's cuz the Heat had offensive momentum in the 3rd. I think it's cuz you're such a life long fan of the Mavs that you're just geared to look at the team's offense and come to a conclusion from there but watch both games over. More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.
Game two, only really transition.
What you're not mentioning is how despite not leading in rebounding and the much improved effort on rebounding by the Mavs, the Heat managed to dominate on defense from the 3rd in to the 4th. Mid way through the 4th unlike in game 1 they had a 15pt lead and got comfortable despite the fact they were getting out rebounded and in your eyes had no half court offense. A lead all from the Mavs coughing up the ball and them forcing turnovers or missed shots.

The offense isn't gonna matter as much in this series compared to defense. Dirk and the rest will do their thing offensively to keep up but I highly doubt you'll be seeing any games like in round 2 against the Heat. You won game 2 because you managed to get stop after stop. Lets not forget near the end where the Heat got like 3 or 4 offensive rebounds in their half court offense which had they scored would've broke your team's momentum in that comeback. In transition or not the Heat are gonna get their points because they let their defense be their best offense.
Watch the goddamn game. Too often they just dribble out the clock and take a well contested jumper.
That was honestly only until the last 6-5 min of the game where they only went in the paint on 2 possessions. More to do with your teams defense than MIA's well known lack of a great half court offense and if you think about it if the game had always been closer (and the Heat weren't buckling under pressure) in a closer game throughout the 4th all they would have to do is give it to Wade so he could get fouled and keep your team at bay by, making them stagnant by standing around the FT line the rest of the game.
They are phenomenal basketball players so they can get away with it for a game or two, but you saw where it got themim game two. You saw how well wade played attacking the basket. Bron? He just shot jumpers most of the game
They also shot jumpers cuz they were looking for that killer blow to stop yall. Had they (mainly Wade) been running pick n roll with Bosh or Haslem game would've been different but that's why I chalk that game up to inexperience and getting comfortable even though the Heat have already been in the position of being the team to comeback from a deficit.

he score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead.

Wait so let me get this right. So, because the commentators, and the dummies on this board said the Heat were in control means that they were? They should be ahead? What the hell? How they hell are they in control when the should be ahead? Do you remember Wade throwing that temper tantrum that he should've gotten a tech on? What was the score then? Yeah we were up 9. In the first half.

In the first game, we were ahead most of the first half, and a majority of the third quarter, and then LeBron started hitting hero shots. He made a fade-away contested three point shot from 30 ft. You tip your hat and say good job sir, but that's not in control, that's called being a combination of talented and lucky.

Our comeback was because the Heat were out of control? It couldn't have been because we played defense and executed when the supposed best defensive team in the L choked and gave up a 22 point run to end the game is it? No, it couldn't be...

I seriously question whether you watched both games in their entirety. We were in the lead of most first half quarters, but they rallied at the very end of quarters to keep it close. If you want to say we played them evenly, fine. But they DEFINITELY were not in control of any first half in this series thus far. The end of the second quarter we were up 9 with about 3 to go, and then they went on a 9-0 burst to end the quarter, but for the rest of that quarter, we were doing just fine.

We matched them shot-for-shot and normally ended up with the lead, or having the lead in both games in the first half. If you want to say they were in control because they were flashier than we were? Whatever, your perspective is flawed then.

It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses.

roll.gif
. Damn, okay... Don't get me wrong, Wade had a great game Thursday. Tip your hat to him. LeBron was VERY average though. He didn't shoot well unless he was driving the ball, he had poor ATO ratio, and when the game was on the line, he blew it.

Then Wade was pretty mediocre until the end of the game when they were closing out the game. Through three, he was 6/15. Then he closed it out, tip of the hat to him.

And how about Bosh? How's that 26% shooting going for him? Jason Terry haven't even been that bad.

They're at home, we're going to judge a series based on how the home team played? Let's get a few more games in Dallas, see what our role players can do at home, and then let's talk.

The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on.

Great stuff. The Mavericks can't get open shots when the Heat defense is on. That's awesome, you can say that about 30 teams in the League. If their defense is so great, how in the goddamn hell would SHAWN MARION be canceling out the King LeBron James? Because he is. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but he has through two games. Being a spark for us offensively, and being an anchor for us defensively.

Our ball movement has been good at times, at times it's been poor. We're on the road, I don't expect us to be pinpoint perfect on the road. In game one, go re-watch that and tell me how many times our guys who made shots in the past missed WIDE OPEN shots. Peja did. JET did. Barea did. These were freebies but we just couldn't knock them down. We got the shots we wanted, we just didn't knock em down. Call it anxiety, call it being on the road, call it not performing, whatever, but give us these shots in our hometown... Same reason why Bibby and Chalmers can both go off for 3 or 4 threes a game.

Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line.

Why don't you try and tell your guys to get to the line? It ain't because the refs are biased. It ain't because the Heat aren't getting calls, it's because they aren't attacked the basket enough. They're taking too many jumpshots. It's a recipe for disaster on the road. You may be able to get away with it at home when you're shooting lights out, but good luck with that when your not getting to the line because you're taking too many jumpers on the road.

The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

That's the threat of the Mavericks. We have two or three other guys other than Shawn Marion or Dirk Nowitzki who can light you up for 15-20. JJ Barea is very capable. So is JET. So is Tyson. How many guys on the Heat roster can explode for you not named Bosh, Bron, or Wade? I'll wait.

I don't expect Marion to keep it up offensively, but that's fine, because I don't expect our guys to slump as much as they have.

Can the Heat win a game with just Wade and Bron then? And what if one of them is off, like Wade was against Chicago? Bron all by himself? Ruh oh.

I'm not saying we've outplayed hte Heat, but I'm not going to sit here and act like they've completely controlled this series.There's been things they've done well, There's been things we've done well. There's things they've done poorly, there's things we've done poorly.

We were on the road, they were at home, they SHOULD'VE taken care of business, they didn't. We SHOULD take care of business at home, will we? Who knows. You have to protect your home-court in the Finals as best you can, and that was questionable on the Heats behalf.

And that's why I'm somewhat okay with the direction of this series. Are they going to keep on hitting these well-contested shots? If they are, bravo, you deserve to win.

So rebounds and turnovers are the MAIN reason the Mavs will probably lose.

Rebounds and turnovers are the main reason why ANY team loses, whoever has those advantages usually wins unless they're shooting absolutely atrociously.

he score in the first half was close, but both the commentators and the posters of this forum were saying that it feels that the Heat were in control and that they should be ahead.

Wait so let me get this right. So, because the commentators, and the dummies on this board said the Heat were in control means that they were? They should be ahead? What the hell? How they hell are they in control when the should be ahead? Do you remember Wade throwing that temper tantrum that he should've gotten a tech on? What was the score then? Yeah we were up 9. In the first half.

In the first game, we were ahead most of the first half, and a majority of the third quarter, and then LeBron started hitting hero shots. He made a fade-away contested three point shot from 30 ft. You tip your hat and say good job sir, but that's not in control, that's called being a combination of talented and lucky.

Our comeback was because the Heat were out of control? It couldn't have been because we played defense and executed when the supposed best defensive team in the L choked and gave up a 22 point run to end the game is it? No, it couldn't be...

I seriously question whether you watched both games in their entirety. We were in the lead of most first half quarters, but they rallied at the very end of quarters to keep it close. If you want to say we played them evenly, fine. But they DEFINITELY were not in control of any first half in this series thus far. The end of the second quarter we were up 9 with about 3 to go, and then they went on a 9-0 burst to end the quarter, but for the rest of that quarter, we were doing just fine.

We matched them shot-for-shot and normally ended up with the lead, or having the lead in both games in the first half. If you want to say they were in control because they were flashier than we were? Whatever, your perspective is flawed then.

It is evident that for all the hype about their supposedly great defense, the Mavs can do absolutely nothing about either Wade or LeBron, who were having a much harder time against the Celtics and Bulls defenses.

roll.gif
. Damn, okay... Don't get me wrong, Wade had a great game Thursday. Tip your hat to him. LeBron was VERY average though. He didn't shoot well unless he was driving the ball, he had poor ATO ratio, and when the game was on the line, he blew it.

Then Wade was pretty mediocre until the end of the game when they were closing out the game. Through three, he was 6/15. Then he closed it out, tip of the hat to him.

And how about Bosh? How's that 26% shooting going for him? Jason Terry haven't even been that bad.

They're at home, we're going to judge a series based on how the home team played? Let's get a few more games in Dallas, see what our role players can do at home, and then let's talk.

The Mavs, for all their great ball movement that worked so well against the Lakers still can't get to open shots when the Heat defense is on.

Great stuff. The Mavericks can't get open shots when the Heat defense is on. That's awesome, you can say that about 30 teams in the League. If their defense is so great, how in the goddamn hell would SHAWN MARION be canceling out the King LeBron James? Because he is. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but he has through two games. Being a spark for us offensively, and being an anchor for us defensively.

Our ball movement has been good at times, at times it's been poor. We're on the road, I don't expect us to be pinpoint perfect on the road. In game one, go re-watch that and tell me how many times our guys who made shots in the past missed WIDE OPEN shots. Peja did. JET did. Barea did. These were freebies but we just couldn't knock them down. We got the shots we wanted, we just didn't knock em down. Call it anxiety, call it being on the road, call it not performing, whatever, but give us these shots in our hometown... Same reason why Bibby and Chalmers can both go off for 3 or 4 threes a game.

Their other main weapon, Dirk Nowitzki, has been shooting 42.5% and the most damage he's done so far has been from the free throw line.

Why don't you try and tell your guys to get to the line? It ain't because the refs are biased. It ain't because the Heat aren't getting calls, it's because they aren't attacked the basket enough. They're taking too many jumpshots. It's a recipe for disaster on the road. You may be able to get away with it at home when you're shooting lights out, but good luck with that when your not getting to the line because you're taking too many jumpers on the road.

The only true problem for the Heat so far has been Shawn Marion. But seriously, what is more likely? That Marion keeps up with his play so far or that LeBron and Wade do?

That's the threat of the Mavericks. We have two or three other guys other than Shawn Marion or Dirk Nowitzki who can light you up for 15-20. JJ Barea is very capable. So is JET. So is Tyson. How many guys on the Heat roster can explode for you not named Bosh, Bron, or Wade? I'll wait.

I don't expect Marion to keep it up offensively, but that's fine, because I don't expect our guys to slump as much as they have.

Can the Heat win a game with just Wade and Bron then? And what if one of them is off, like Wade was against Chicago? Bron all by himself? Ruh oh.

I'm not saying we've outplayed hte Heat, but I'm not going to sit here and act like they've completely controlled this series.There's been things they've done well, There's been things we've done well. There's things they've done poorly, there's things we've done poorly.

We were on the road, they were at home, they SHOULD'VE taken care of business, they didn't. We SHOULD take care of business at home, will we? Who knows. You have to protect your home-court in the Finals as best you can, and that was questionable on the Heats behalf.

And that's why I'm somewhat okay with the direction of this series. Are they going to keep on hitting these well-contested shots? If they are, bravo, you deserve to win.

So rebounds and turnovers are the MAIN reason the Mavs will probably lose.

Rebounds and turnovers are the main reason why ANY team loses, whoever has those advantages usually wins unless they're shooting absolutely atrociously.

Exactly, and my point was that neither team has really been in "control," of this series.

More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.

So let me make sure I'm comprehending right... The Mavericks never had control, they just had the lead most of the game? Our first half nine-point lead, they were in control? Jesus Christ that's a great basketball team if you can be down nine and be in control. That's fricking unbelievable.

From the 3rd into the 4th? No. Ending the 3rd into the 4th? Yes. LeBron made one of the wildest shots he could have taken to end the quarter to bring them within one. Ain't nothing dominating about that. They kicked our tail in the fourth in G1, no doubting that. They DIDN'T have much half-court offense in the fourth, or for most of the series.

To me, you gotta get easy shots, and that's what makes a good half-court offense. If you're going to hit well-contested shots all day, then you tip your hat, they've been shooting great, but those same shots LeBron was taking to end G2? That's kind of how they've been playing all series. Either that, kicking it out to shooters, relying on Wade to drive to the basket, getting offensive boards like they did in G1, or getting transition points.

No, it wasn't. LeBron was taking shots like that all game, both games. He hit a lot more of them before, so people didn't really notice. James has taken 12 threes through two games. Maybe two of those weren't well-contested. That's why we've been closer in early games, because they weren't doing much in the half-court. In the second half of both games we had a bunch of both forced and unforced turnovers. That's deadly to a team like the Heat.

Exactly, and my point was that neither team has really been in "control," of this series.

More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.

So let me make sure I'm comprehending right... The Mavericks never had control, they just had the lead most of the game? Our first half nine-point lead, they were in control? Jesus Christ that's a great basketball team if you can be down nine and be in control. That's fricking unbelievable.

From the 3rd into the 4th? No. Ending the 3rd into the 4th? Yes. LeBron made one of the wildest shots he could have taken to end the quarter to bring them within one. Ain't nothing dominating about that. They kicked our tail in the fourth in G1, no doubting that. They DIDN'T have much half-court offense in the fourth, or for most of the series.

To me, you gotta get easy shots, and that's what makes a good half-court offense. If you're going to hit well-contested shots all day, then you tip your hat, they've been shooting great, but those same shots LeBron was taking to end G2? That's kind of how they've been playing all series. Either that, kicking it out to shooters, relying on Wade to drive to the basket, getting offensive boards like they did in G1, or getting transition points.

No, it wasn't. LeBron was taking shots like that all game, both games. He hit a lot more of them before, so people didn't really notice. James has taken 12 threes through two games. Maybe two of those weren't well-contested. That's why we've been closer in early games, because they weren't doing much in the half-court. In the second half of both games we had a bunch of both forced and unforced turnovers. That's deadly to a team like the Heat.

Back
Top Bottom