Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

I actually prefer what JA and others have done the last couple of pages. I think game threads should have actual debate and discussion of the game rather than stooping to a troll haven.

I really want to see us go to Tyson more. I don't really think they have anyone that can contain him. Honestly, I'm shocked we haven't been able to go to him more. He's been shooting 60% for the series, we just haven't been able to get it to him as much. He's an absolutely phenomenal leaper, and Kidd is a good enough passer still that we should just able to get him the right spot and timing, but it just hasn't happened that much. Maybe moreso at home. We need him to at least hover around 10/10.

That's a huge advantage we should be exploiting. Joel is an excellent defender, yeah, but Tyson has 4 inches on him and he's a superior athlete/leaper. Especially if they're going to play Bosh on Dirk.

I really want to see us go to Tyson more. I don't really think they have anyone that can contain him. Honestly, I'm shocked we haven't been able to go to him more. He's been shooting 60% for the series, we just haven't been able to get it to him as much. He's an absolutely phenomenal leaper, and Kidd is a good enough passer still that we should just able to get him the right spot and timing, but it just hasn't happened that much. Maybe moreso at home. We need him to at least hover around 10/10.

That's a huge advantage we should be exploiting. Joel is an excellent defender, yeah, but Tyson has 4 inches on him and he's a superior athlete/leaper. Especially if they're going to play Bosh on Dirk.

I actually prefer what JA and others have done the last couple of pages. I think game threads should have actual debate and discussion of the game rather than stooping to a troll haven.

Originally Posted by aepps20

THE

HEAT

ARE

GOING

TO

WIN.

STOP IT. IT'S ALREADY BEEN DECIDED BY THE BASKETBALL GODS.

LEBRON JAMES HAS BEEN SENT DOWN TO HEAVEN TO GRACE US WITH GREATNESS. THE MAVERICKS HAVE NO SHOT, GIVE UP!!!!!!

THE

HEAT

ARE

GOING

TO

WIN.

LEBRON JAMES HAS BEEN SENT DOWN TO HEAVEN TO GRACE US WITH GREATNESS. THE MAVERICKS HAVE NO SHOT, GIVE UP!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

THE

HEAT

ARE

GOING

TO

WIN.

That guy as well as LeBron Stans and Haters have ruined NT

THE

HEAT

ARE

GOING

TO

WIN.

That guy as well as LeBron Stans and Haters have ruined NT

Can't wait for game 3! GO HEAT!!!
happy.gif

The two games have been close until the 4th so who had a 4pt or 7pt lead for a longer period of time is irrelevant.
Exactly, and my point was that neither team has really been in "control," of this series.

Well then that's irrelevant to what I'm saying cuz what I said is if you watched both games objectively it's not hard to see which team is playing better
More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.
So let me make sure I'm comprehending right... The Mavericks never had control, they just had the lead most of the game? Our first half nine-point lead, they were in control? Jesus Christ that's a great basketball team if you can be down nine and be in control. That's fricking unbelievable.
Yeah. The Heat's defense is so good that any lead the Mavs have gotten so far haven't even mattered in the overall scheme of things. Both times they got a 7pt and 9pt lead the Heat called a TO and immediately took the lead back.
What you're not mentioning is how despite not leading in rebounding and the much improved effort on rebounding by the Mavs, the Heat managed to dominate on defense from the 3rd in to the 4th. Mid way through the 4th unlike in game 1 they had a 15pt lead and got comfortable despite the fact they were getting out rebounded and in your eyes had no half court offense. A lead all from the Mavs coughing up the ball and them forcing turnovers or missed shots.
From the 3rd into the 4th? No. Ending the 3rd into the 4th? Yes. LeBron made one of the wildest shots he could have taken to end the quarter to bring them within one. Ain't nothing dominating about that. They kicked our tail in the fourth in G1, no doubting that. They DIDN'T have much half-court offense in the fourth, or for most of the series.
C'mon now stop pretending like you don't know what I'm talking about. You still here talking about their half court offense as if you're team is actually capable of keeping them from scoring in a half court set for an entire game. Like when it comes down to it the Heat can't score in the half court. Remember that wild Lebron 3. Cuz I saw him make a lot of tough shots in the half court against the Bulls to close them out and I have no doubt Wade can execute in the half court. Like I said you're relying too much on a point that really your team can't realistically shut down.
To me, you gotta get easy shots, and that's what makes a good half-court offense. If you're going to hit well-contested shots all day, then you tip your hat, they've been shooting great, but those same shots LeBron was taking to end G2? That's kind of how they've been playing all series. Either that, kicking it out to shooters, relying on Wade to drive to the basket, getting offensive boards like they did in G1, or getting transition points.
So if/when Bosh shows up I'm guessing you're gonna just admit defeat cuz that's when the Heat's half court offense is at it's best. Even though my argument isn't even focusing on the Heat's offense you can't really deny that they play even better offense when Bosh is getting his. So similar to your team not flourishing at the 3pt line you can say the Heat haven't played their best offense yet. This whole half court thing has been a Heat failing the entire year than the Mavs doing anything new or special but they've already shown in the last two rounds they can execute when placed in that situation.
That was honestly only until the last 6-5 min of the game where they only went in the paint on 2 possessions. More to do with your teams defense than MIA's well known lack of a great half court offense and if you think about it if the game had always been closer (and the Heat weren't buckling under pressure) in a closer game throughout the 4th all they would have to do is give it to Wade so he could get fouled and keep your team at bay by, making them stagnant by standing around the FT line the rest of the game.
No, it wasn't. LeBron was taking shots like that all game, both games. He hit a lot more of them before, so people didn't really notice. James has taken 12 threes through two games. Maybe two of those weren't well-contested. That's why we've been closer in early games, because they weren't doing much in the half-court. In the second half of both games we had a bunch of both forced and unforced turnovers. That's deadly to a team like the Heat.
I disagree. Especially since I just watched the both games in the hr playback on NBAtv. LeBron and Wade (cuz I'm talking about both of them) weren't taking contested shots at the end of the shot clock the majority of both games. I'm not about to start breaking down each of their field goal attempts though. You should just watch the games again. I figure you'd probably enjoy analyzing each of their fga.

The two games have been close until the 4th so who had a 4pt or 7pt lead for a longer period of time is irrelevant.
Exactly, and my point was that neither team has really been in "control," of this series.

Well then that's irrelevant to what I'm saying cuz what I said is if you watched both games objectively it's not hard to see which team is playing better
More so game 2 cuz it was more entertaining and focus on each team's defense. The Mavs never had control, they just had the lead for most of the game. If the Heat had focused on offense as much as the Mavs the disparity of who was leading longer in both games would not matter.
So let me make sure I'm comprehending right... The Mavericks never had control, they just had the lead most of the game? Our first half nine-point lead, they were in control? Jesus Christ that's a great basketball team if you can be down nine and be in control. That's fricking unbelievable.
Yeah. The Heat's defense is so good that any lead the Mavs have gotten so far haven't even mattered in the overall scheme of things. Both times they got a 7pt and 9pt lead the Heat called a TO and immediately took the lead back.
What you're not mentioning is how despite not leading in rebounding and the much improved effort on rebounding by the Mavs, the Heat managed to dominate on defense from the 3rd in to the 4th. Mid way through the 4th unlike in game 1 they had a 15pt lead and got comfortable despite the fact they were getting out rebounded and in your eyes had no half court offense. A lead all from the Mavs coughing up the ball and them forcing turnovers or missed shots.
From the 3rd into the 4th? No. Ending the 3rd into the 4th? Yes. LeBron made one of the wildest shots he could have taken to end the quarter to bring them within one. Ain't nothing dominating about that. They kicked our tail in the fourth in G1, no doubting that. They DIDN'T have much half-court offense in the fourth, or for most of the series.
C'mon now stop pretending like you don't know what I'm talking about. You still here talking about their half court offense as if you're team is actually capable of keeping them from scoring in a half court set for an entire game. Like when it comes down to it the Heat can't score in the half court. Remember that wild Lebron 3. Cuz I saw him make a lot of tough shots in the half court against the Bulls to close them out and I have no doubt Wade can execute in the half court. Like I said you're relying too much on a point that really your team can't realistically shut down.
To me, you gotta get easy shots, and that's what makes a good half-court offense. If you're going to hit well-contested shots all day, then you tip your hat, they've been shooting great, but those same shots LeBron was taking to end G2? That's kind of how they've been playing all series. Either that, kicking it out to shooters, relying on Wade to drive to the basket, getting offensive boards like they did in G1, or getting transition points.
So if/when Bosh shows up I'm guessing you're gonna just admit defeat cuz that's when the Heat's half court offense is at it's best. Even though my argument isn't even focusing on the Heat's offense you can't really deny that they play even better offense when Bosh is getting his. So similar to your team not flourishing at the 3pt line you can say the Heat haven't played their best offense yet. This whole half court thing has been a Heat failing the entire year than the Mavs doing anything new or special but they've already shown in the last two rounds they can execute when placed in that situation.
That was honestly only until the last 6-5 min of the game where they only went in the paint on 2 possessions. More to do with your teams defense than MIA's well known lack of a great half court offense and if you think about it if the game had always been closer (and the Heat weren't buckling under pressure) in a closer game throughout the 4th all they would have to do is give it to Wade so he could get fouled and keep your team at bay by, making them stagnant by standing around the FT line the rest of the game.
No, it wasn't. LeBron was taking shots like that all game, both games. He hit a lot more of them before, so people didn't really notice. James has taken 12 threes through two games. Maybe two of those weren't well-contested. That's why we've been closer in early games, because they weren't doing much in the half-court. In the second half of both games we had a bunch of both forced and unforced turnovers. That's deadly to a team like the Heat.
I disagree. Especially since I just watched the both games in the hr playback on NBAtv. LeBron and Wade (cuz I'm talking about both of them) weren't taking contested shots at the end of the shot clock the majority of both games. I'm not about to start breaking down each of their field goal attempts though. You should just watch the games again. I figure you'd probably enjoy analyzing each of their fga.

Two games at home. So does that means that the Mavericks defense is even better because they overcame a 4th quarter 15 point lead? No, of course not, it just means the Heat choked.

They were taking contested shots in the first half of both games, and last 7 minutes of the Game 2 (save for two plays where LeBron drove, one drew a foul, one missed a layup).

I have no doubt that we can't shut both of them down like we did at times with Russ/KD. But shutting one of them down temporarily? That, we are capable of. These cats aren't immortal.

Two games at home. So does that means that the Mavericks defense is even better because they overcame a 4th quarter 15 point lead? No, of course not, it just means the Heat choked.

They were taking contested shots in the first half of both games, and last 7 minutes of the Game 2 (save for two plays where LeBron drove, one drew a foul, one missed a layup).

I have no doubt that we can't shut both of them down like we did at times with Russ/KD. But shutting one of them down temporarily? That, we are capable of. These cats aren't immortal.

Also something else I forgot is the amount of missed FTs the Heat had that game. Most notably by Wade and LeBron. I think Chalmers had made their first FT after they missed 3 in a row late in the 2 quarter I believe.

I doubt the Heat will do that again same way I don't think the Mavs won't give away as many turnovers.

Also something else I forgot is the amount of missed FTs the Heat had that game. Most notably by Wade and LeBron. I think Chalmers had made their first FT after they missed 3 in a row late in the 2 quarter I believe.

I doubt the Heat will do that again same way I don't think the Mavs won't give away as many turnovers.

I think we're both saying the same thing, but in different ways.
laugh.gif

I in no way think we have outplayed them, I just don't think they did that much better than we did, looking overall at the first two games.

For being on the road, I think we did just fine, we did what we were supposed to do.

I'm just here to give credit to Dallas. I was salty when they beat the Lakers but now I see they are legit. they had to play perfect basketball to win game 2 down the stretch and that's exactly what they did. that was awesome
pimp.gif

I'm just here to give credit to Dallas. I was salty when they beat the Lakers but now I see they are legit. they had to play perfect basketball to win game 2 down the stretch and that's exactly what they did. that was awesome
pimp.gif

I think we're both saying the same thing, but in different ways.
laugh.gif

I in no way think we have outplayed them, I just don't think they did that much better than we did, looking overall at the first two games.

For being on the road, I think we did just fine, we did what we were supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom