Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

I really thought that Dallas would take game 4 tonight. After Terry's words, who knows if the series comes back to Mia..

I really thought that Dallas would take game 4 tonight. After Terry's words, who knows if the series comes back to Mia..

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We have some of the best shooters in the history of the NBA.

They won't miss wide open shots for a whole series.

We getting three straight.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

MIA in a blow out. This mavs team has no heart. What else is new?

BRON BRON 40 10 10 5 tonight

Ends all the this "wade's team" talk.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

We have some of the best shooters in the history of the NBA.

They won't miss wide open shots for a whole series.

We getting three straight.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

MIA in a blow out. This mavs team has no heart. What else is new?

BRON BRON 40 10 10 5 tonight

Ends all the this "wade's team" talk.
pimp.gif

Bron hasn't had more than 25 points in a finals game. the heat haven't blown anyone out. so i don't know why you think that

Bron hasn't had more than 25 points in a finals game. the heat haven't blown anyone out. so i don't know why you think that

Originally Posted by DubA169

I dont know why you think it could NOT happen though.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I dont know why you think it could NOT happen though.

A blow out is more than capable, Heats have been up by double digits in all three games, Heats just need to keep focused with the lead, which they haven't been able to do. I think the Heats will win by 8-12 points tonight. Dallas to me has no answers, shots won't drop all night, can't bank on that, and when they don't defense is key, dallas has a few holes at on the defensive end.

A blow out is more than capable, Heats have been up by double digits in all three games, Heats just need to keep focused with the lead, which they haven't been able to do. I think the Heats will win by 8-12 points tonight. Dallas to me has no answers, shots won't drop all night, can't bank on that, and when they don't defense is key, dallas has a few holes at on the defensive end.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I could coach that Heat team...
laugh.gif

The dude's rotation is Haslem/Chalmers. I could think of that...
laugh.gif

The dude draws up how many plays?

He's not that good, it's just the Heat players are.

Cmon now.

It's not just the rotation he decides on, or the specific plays he calls during the games. If that was all there was to coaching, any highschool coach would be able to do his job.

Its all the things that he's implemented that got Miami to this point. The habits created at the beginning of the season, the philosophy and scheme that he has to get the players to buy into. Miami is winning the title based off their DEFENSE, not what plays they run out of timeouts. You think you could have taught them that?
laugh.gif

At this level, coaching is more about managing egos and getting everyone to buy into the scheme and come together (which I would say Spo has done an excellent job at, given how scrutinized this team was during the regular season) than actual X's & O's. And nothing shows how successful a coach is at doing this than how the team plays on defense, where everyone has to work together as a unit for it to be effective. Defensive breakdowns are the first thing to pop up when a team isn't unified (i.e. this year's Lakers).

Based on your logic, anyone could have 11 rings if they coached MJ/Scottie/Shaq/Kobe right?
laugh.gif

I could coach that Heat team...
laugh.gif

The dude's rotation is Haslem/Chalmers. I could think of that...
laugh.gif

The dude draws up how many plays?

He's not that good, it's just the Heat players are.

Cmon now.

It's not just the rotation he decides on, or the specific plays he calls during the games. If that was all there was to coaching, any highschool coach would be able to do his job.

Its all the things that he's implemented that got Miami to this point. The habits created at the beginning of the season, the philosophy and scheme that he has to get the players to buy into. Miami is winning the title based off their DEFENSE, not what plays they run out of timeouts. You think you could have taught them that?
laugh.gif

At this level, coaching is more about managing egos and getting everyone to buy into the scheme and come together (which I would say Spo has done an excellent job at, given how scrutinized this team was during the regular season) than actual X's & O's. And nothing shows how successful a coach is at doing this than how the team plays on defense, where everyone has to work together as a unit for it to be effective. Defensive breakdowns are the first thing to pop up when a team isn't unified (i.e. this year's Lakers).

Based on your logic, anyone could have 11 rings if they coached MJ/Scottie/Shaq/Kobe right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide101

It's interesting.

Miami has never seen anything like the Dallas defense.
Are you saying Dallas defense is better than Chicago's?
I meant offense, my bad.
laugh.gif

Kenny said it best. Dallas has about 5 guys that can drop 20 on you.
laugh.gif

Dirk, JET, JJ, Marion, Kidd, and even Peja if he gets as many open looks as he did against LA.
laugh.gif

Changed your tune?
You're always wrong, stop posting.

Originally Posted by bonafide101

It's interesting.

Miami has never seen anything like the Dallas defense.
Are you saying Dallas defense is better than Chicago's?
I meant offense, my bad.
laugh.gif

Kenny said it best. Dallas has about 5 guys that can drop 20 on you.
laugh.gif

Dirk, JET, JJ, Marion, Kidd, and even Peja if he gets as many open looks as he did against LA.
laugh.gif

Changed your tune?
You're always wrong, stop posting.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

A lot get blamed on the Big 3 but Spo got exposed in game 2 when he couldn't make any good adjustments on offense in the last 6 minutes for them to get better shots. How many times you gotta watch the shot clock run down and a bad 3 jacked up?

You do realize that Wade/Lebron ignore a lot of play calls at times and end up just going ISO and taking 'hero shots' right? I wouldn't put that all on Spo. No one was taking it to the rim those last 6 minutes. That's not on the coach. That's on the players.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

A lot get blamed on the Big 3 but Spo got exposed in game 2 when he couldn't make any good adjustments on offense in the last 6 minutes for them to get better shots. How many times you gotta watch the shot clock run down and a bad 3 jacked up?

You do realize that Wade/Lebron ignore a lot of play calls at times and end up just going ISO and taking 'hero shots' right? I wouldn't put that all on Spo. No one was taking it to the rim those last 6 minutes. That's not on the coach. That's on the players.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

In each Miami game this year, DeShawn Stevenson had a of +16.

That's against the Heat starters. But that was also with Caron in the starting five each time.
STOP BRINGING UP THE REGULAR SEASON... IT DOESNT MEAN A DAMN THING...
Heat fans on the other hand havent been wrong all damn postseason.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

In each Miami game this year, DeShawn Stevenson had a of +16.

That's against the Heat starters. But that was also with Caron in the starting five each time.
STOP BRINGING UP THE REGULAR SEASON... IT DOESNT MEAN A DAMN THING...
Heat fans on the other hand havent been wrong all damn postseason.
pimp.gif

Spoelstra has done a good job this post-season. He's been a little behind with things (not stopping with Z earlier, not giving Miller/Haslem minutes in Chicago series from the jump, Bibby's struggles) but overall..solid job...and to his credit he never stuck with anyone long enough to actually hurt them, just dug some holes.

Spoelstra has done a good job this post-season. He's been a little behind with things (not stopping with Z earlier, not giving Miller/Haslem minutes in Chicago series from the jump, Bibby's struggles) but overall..solid job...and to his credit he never stuck with anyone long enough to actually hurt them, just dug some holes.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Heat fans thinking their 3 point shooting and bench is gonna be this good in Texas. LOL

JJ Barea Gonna light that %$# up in game 3.

Yes JJ Barea will go off and yes I'm quoting myself.

No wonder you temp banned.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom