Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wait, im on my phone and dont feel like acrolling thru, but who said gambling winnings are not taxable? That is not true at all.

I said it. I was always told that gambling money is virtually tax free if you fill out the correct forms. Basically you can use the money earned and lost and write it off as "business expenses" but if I'm wrong I'm wrong its good.

Why are people taxed for winning the lottery?  It's gambling. 

pimp.gif

4262601-DSC_0366.jpg

Brian Cardinal, Mark Cuban, Dirk Nowitzki, & Jason Terry

Miami Beach, FL – June 13, 2011 – Just when I thought my night was over, at 1:24am my phone starts blowing up…

Gambling winnings are taxable because it's considered earned income. Gambling losses are offset by winnings only if you itemized your deductions.

You're going to have to claim the income on gambling winnings because you're going to most likely receive a 1099. You can deduct gambling losses only to the extent of your winnings, but you're definately paying tax on the income because they typically withhold 25%.

Quick way to have an IRS audit is to claim dollar-for-dollar losses against winnings. You need proof of your losses, as well.

The transition pic of Dirk taking the glasses are hilarious
laugh.gif

Young money will party with anyone they don't care.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by PoloLax

When a reporter asks you abot failing, you don't spit into peoples faces about you living this great lifestyle. That's the problem with LeBron. He didn't go to Miami to win a championship. He went to Miami to live the lifestyle with 2 of his buddies. While yes they are obviously there to win basketball games, to me LeBron cares more about his lifestyle then he does about basketball. Telling people the night he choked, the series he quit on his teamates that at the end of the day "you have a 9-5" and I live this great ##+!@*% life. No one cares LeBron, cause at the end of the day, The Choosen One isn't the Choosen One if you don't have a ring on your finger. And money don't buy NBA Rings.

I thought Wade handled the reporters questions a lot better. LeBron just didn't seem to care. I know he was upset, but that's part of the game. As an athlete who is looked up by many and who wants to consider themself a star and one of the greats you have to learn to deal with what reporters will ask you. You need to learn to put on a smile, answer respectfully and move on. That's what you do when your in the spotlight.

People hated LeBron after The Decision. They hated them more after he lost in the Finals. I guerentee they hate him even more after that press conference.

It was a !$$!% move on his part. A lot of you will disagree, I don't mind. A true champion doesn't go out like LeBron just did, win or lose. Pathetic.
i'm surprised this isn't getting more play with the sports media today..

You know Dirty, I don't think it will get as much play as it should. LeBron is looked at as a poster child for the NBA, but after this I don't think he is. Wade has more star appeal and def. looks like he can keep his emotions in check a lot more. Maybe he is more mature, but I'm not sure. I think The Decision led to alot of negativity to LeBron and now this will lead to more. Whoever he has in his circle as his leader of communications, marketing ,etc. they need to be fired. The guy has been self-imploding and I can only see it getting worse.

One area where Cuban hinted he might break with tradition is presenting championship rings to his players.

"I might not get rings," the Mavs' billionaire owner told NBATV. "Rings are old school. You've seen it before: There's guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I'm like, 'Rings are done. It's time to take it to the next level.'"

What does he have up his sleeve? Cuban refused to reveal what he was thinking.

http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=6656641

426260DSC_0805.jpg

Matrix in his Jordan jeans looking like he about to do his lil all-star intro jig
laugh.gif

I cant even front, i was pulling for Miami but after seeing these pics....the Mavs just killed it
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One area where Cuban hinted he might break with tradition is presenting championship rings to his players.

"I might not get rings," the Mavs' billionaire owner told NBATV. "Rings are old school. You've seen it before: There's guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I'm like, 'Rings are done. It's time to take it to the next level.'"

He's about to give everyone individual crowns.
laugh.gif

Maybe The Custodian gets a gold mop bucket.

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Still havent been to sleep yet. Partied till 4:30. Came home. Watched the game again. Went to Academy to pick up a championship shirt. Cant wait until the parade on Thursday

I thought it was next week.

it says its the week of the 20th and that they announce a firm day this week. also Mark Cuban said that he will pay for the funds for the parade.

Yeah, I guess I was wrong. Someone told me Thursday...

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He's about to give everyone individual crowns.
laugh.gif

Maybe The Custodian gets a gold mop bucket.

He's also paying for the entire parade/ceremony out of his own pocket to help out the city of Dallas. And he rented out that entire club for the Mavs beforehand and bought like hundreds of bottles for everybody. 
Cuban is simply the best owner in sports. That's what an owner is supposed to be.. a fan first. 

this shows why i hate young money with a passion .
Dudes was "heat" fans but is with the mavs 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 wayne and birdman is clowns.

i wish cuban would have said beat it .

why r u all surprised that rappers of all people are bandwagon fans? none of them rappers are rtue sports fans. them dudes do that !*%@ for style. you guys actually think lebron been a yankee fan all his life?

Back
Top Bottom