Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Man Mark Cuban is the best owner in all of sports. I don't know of an owner in any sport that would do the things he has done for his team or his city.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I posted it before but here's the full response
Q. Does it bother you that so many people are happy to see you fail? 
LeBRON JAMES: Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. 
They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point.
THIS IS TRUE, WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN PROBLEMS. NOBODY IS PERFECT INCLUDING LEBRON. HE WASN'T SAYING "OH YOU PITTY CIVILIANS HAVE A NICE LAUGH WHILE YOU SHOP AT ROSS, AND I HAVE MY OWN NIKE SHOE" IM SURE BRON STAYS AWAY FROM FORUMS AND BLOGS LIKE THIS SO MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE THE BACKLASH FROM IT. BUT IM SURE IT WASN'T MALICIOUS.

I don't hate lebron....but that's exactly what I get he was saying.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

why r u all surprised that rappers of all people are bandwagon fans? none of them rappers are rtue sports fans. them dudes do that !*%@ for style. you guys actually think lebron been a yankee fan all his life?

They dont have to be fans. They could be supporters.
Im not a Mav fan, I was just a Mav supporter during these Finals. Big difference.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ninjahood

but what he's saying is true though #kanyeshrug

True or not, you don't !@#@##* say that.  That's something that he shoulda kept to himself.  This isn't the first time he's put his foot in his mouth.  Remember a few years back (after a bad game) when he said people should be honored to watch him play?  I really think he's oblivious to EVERYTHING around him.  He's got a superiority complex (which isn't his fault) but he does himself NO favors with the $$$% he says and does. 
NOTICE THE ONLY ONES UPSET ABOUT WHAT BRON SAID. ARE SAME ONES HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

happy.gif

DEADED

Deshawn Stevenson said Miami showed them no respect dude said after game 1 wade, bosh, and lechoke were riding around the arena in go karts rubbing the win in the Mavs faces like the series is over
laugh.gif

Deshawn.
laugh.gif

Mark Cuban, has been and will always be a great owner.
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
 @ Wayne and Birdman celebrating with the Mavericks.

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 @ Vivica Fox in those clubs pic.

Stevenson is that dude  
pimp.gif

No gif of his swag walk after hitting that 3rd 3-pointer in the first half? 
nerd.gif

Dirk's swag right now 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This dude Brian Cardinal partying it up last night. I ain't mad at ya playa
pimp.gif

Scottie Pippen had it all wrong when he recently compared LeBron James with Michael Jordan, said one former Chicago Bulls teammate.

"The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie," former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That's really where LeBron's preference is.

Steve Kerr told "Waddle & Silvy" that LeBron James is more like Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan, and the Heat star needs work on his offensive game this summer.

"Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a 'sometimes shooter.' Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn't. That's how it is with LeBron. He's a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as as a basketball player. He doesn't have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That's what Michael did in his sleep so that's why the comparison is wrong."

After James' Heat beat the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals, Pippen told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" that while he believes Jordan is the greatest scorer in NBA history, James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

After thriving against the Bulls, James struggled -- especially in the fourth quarter -- in the NBA Finals against the Dallas Mavericks, who won three straight games against the Heat to win the title on Sunday.

James averaged 26.7 points per game in the regular season, but just 17.8 in the Finals, the largest discrepancy in history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

And after starring in the closing role against the Bulls, James scored just 18 points combined in the fourth quarter during the Finals, fueling talk about whether he can really be considered a player on the level of Jordan.

"Michael had three years at North Carolina with Dean Smith. That makes a big difference," Kerr said. "I think he was brought up at a time when there was probably better development at a young age in terms of coaching. I think LeBron is a product of the AAU system where you rely on your athleticism, you go and play 100 games a year but maybe you don't focus on your weaknesses and what you need to lock in on.

"As a result, fundamentally and technically LeBron has some flaws. He has to address those. If I were him I would spend all summer down on the low block shooting jump hooks and turnaround jump shots -- the entire summer."

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

really think brian cardinal deserves more credit. he was basically bodying dudes and putting fear in 'em

he played well
Bodying dudes and putting fear in them? Wrong. Spoelstra went away from pounding the ball on the inside of which Dallas could not defend at all throughout the series except when they ran the 2-3.

That's not a style of play that should be respected at all. On the playground he'd have gotten his wig split for doing what he did.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Scottie Pippen had it all wrong when he recently compared LeBron James with Michael Jordan, said one former Chicago Bulls teammate.

"The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie," former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That's really where LeBron's preference is.

Steve Kerr told "Waddle & Silvy" that LeBron James is more like Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan, and the Heat star needs work on his offensive game this summer.

"Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a 'sometimes shooter.' Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn't. That's how it is with LeBron. He's a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as as a basketball player. He doesn't have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That's what Michael did in his sleep so that's why the comparison is wrong."

After James' Heat beat the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals, Pippen told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" that while he believes Jordan is the greatest scorer in NBA history, James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

After thriving against the Bulls, James struggled -- especially in the fourth quarter -- in the NBA Finals against the Dallas Mavericks, who won three straight games against the Heat to win the title on Sunday.

James averaged 26.7 points per game in the regular season, but just 17.8 in the Finals, the largest discrepancy in history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

And after starring in the closing role against the Bulls, James scored just 18 points combined in the fourth quarter during the Finals, fueling talk about whether he can really be considered a player on the level of Jordan.

"Michael had three years at North Carolina with Dean Smith. That makes a big difference," Kerr said. "I think he was brought up at a time when there was probably better development at a young age in terms of coaching. I think LeBron is a product of the AAU system where you rely on your athleticism, you go and play 100 games a year but maybe you don't focus on your weaknesses and what you need to lock in on.

"As a result, fundamentally and technically LeBron has some flaws. He has to address those. If I were him I would spend all summer down on the low block shooting jump hooks and turnaround jump shots -- the entire summer."
eek.gif

Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom