Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by DubA169

Scottie Pippen had it all wrong when he recently compared LeBron James with Michael Jordan, said one former Chicago Bulls teammate.

"The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie," former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That's really where LeBron's preference is.

Steve Kerr told "Waddle & Silvy" that LeBron James is more like Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan, and the Heat star needs work on his offensive game this summer.

"Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a 'sometimes shooter.' Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn't. That's how it is with LeBron. He's a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as as a basketball player. He doesn't have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That's what Michael did in his sleep so that's why the comparison is wrong."

After James' Heat beat the Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals, Pippen told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" that while he believes Jordan is the greatest scorer in NBA history, James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

After thriving against the Bulls, James struggled -- especially in the fourth quarter -- in the NBA Finals against the Dallas Mavericks, who won three straight games against the Heat to win the title on Sunday.

James averaged 26.7 points per game in the regular season, but just 17.8 in the Finals, the largest discrepancy in history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

And after starring in the closing role against the Bulls, James scored just 18 points combined in the fourth quarter during the Finals, fueling talk about whether he can really be considered a player on the level of Jordan.

"Michael had three years at North Carolina with Dean Smith. That makes a big difference," Kerr said. "I think he was brought up at a time when there was probably better development at a young age in terms of coaching. I think LeBron is a product of the AAU system where you rely on your athleticism, you go and play 100 games a year but maybe you don't focus on your weaknesses and what you need to lock in on.

"As a result, fundamentally and technically LeBron has some flaws. He has to address those. If I were him I would spend all summer down on the low block shooting jump hooks and turnaround jump shots -- the entire summer."
eek.gif

Interesting.
QFT.
FinallyFamous wrote:
Another thing getting at Bron is that dude doesn't even have his hometowns support anymore...

C'mon man. That shouldn't matter. He doesn't play there anymore. He made the decision to move on, he shouldve been prepared to leave whatever fans he had behind as well. But seeing as on his twitter account he still reps Akron '03 or something like that I wouldnt be surprised if that bothers him.
30t6p3b.gif
I'm wondering how long it's going to take him to grow up and be a man..Careers don't last forever..
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

LeBron: ‘It's Not My Time'

Shortly after the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals, Heat forward LeBron James took to Twitter to explain what happened.

"The Greater Man upstairs knows when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't my time."

http://basketball.realgm....on_%c2%91Its_Not_My_Time
roll.gif
This dude is now blaming GOD he didn't win ? Smh
laugh.gif
%!@$ Lebron.You got no one to blame but yourself

Dawg I'm a life-long Warriors fan never been anything else but ever since game 1 against Portland, Dallas has been my team in the playoffs.

I gotta give props.

Dirk Nowitzki. Let that man cook I said. And he was cooking in every game except the clincher. Simply amazing. Shot locked in. Clear eyes full heart can't lose. Momma there goes that man. Dirk is that dude. 48 against OKC in game 1. Ugh
sick.gif
That shot was so money 
wink.gif

Jason Terry. Wow Oh wow oh wow! This guy was legendary. Like 10 threes in the clinching game against the Lakers. A humongous shot in game 5 of the finals over Lebron. He could not be stopped. He imposed his will. He got to his spots.
laugh.gif
My dude. Legendary!!!!
pimp.gif

Jason Kidd. Rick Carlisle called him Savant-Like. That means he's a super genius. He's a one of one. Jason Terry called him the best point guard in NBA history. I never really watched Stockton or Magic but Jason Kidd is something else I swear. He sees things NOBODY sees. He runs the offense (almost) PERFECTLY. Bay Area kid too he got Barea saying Hella. All time Legend and clutch shooter. Pure class
happy.gif

Shawn Marion. My man. Cuban knows. Consistently great defense. Shut down Kevin Durant, blocked his game winner. Like Cuban said, stop him one time its his fault, twice you had something to do with it. Shawn Marion did it for 2 series and brought his team the championship. Unorthodox but great. Hook shot after layup after hook shot. Held himself and the team accountable during every film session. That's a champion right there
pimp.gif

JJ Barea. My dude. Wow. The prototype basketball player. Always looking for a driving lane. Playmaker. Mr. Universe. Can't be stopped.
devil.gif

Tyson Chandler. Brandon Haywood. Deshawn Stevenson. Peja Stojakovic. Ian Mahimi. Brian Cardinal of Warriors fame.
happy.gif
Everyone did their job.

Rick Carlisle my dude especially. Outcoached everyone. Team of professionals led by a professional. 86 Celtic. He's had the relevant experience. Tells it like it is. Like Jeff Van Gundy said... All he do is win!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Mark Cuban proved himself to be one of the best owners ever. We'll see what he does with the rings. Congrats

Another shoutout to Japan Air who predicted losses incorrectly for his team TWICE.
laugh.gif
Honestly I sorta felt like the OKC game was outta reach but I never lost faith in the Miami game 2. Jason Terry said it was the key to the series, being down and realizing they still believed in their capability to win. I did too
tongue.gif

Shout out to Air Fresh for going hard for his team, I was doing the same thing in my mind for Dallas. Dallas's offense is too beautiful man. They get it all day on Broadway while TRL taping.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Their defense was strong. I guess its a good time to mention Jason Kidd's genius once again. Not only is he an offensive genius he is a defensive genius aswell. Stripping Durant and Lebron time after time again. Ugh
sick.gif
It was all a dream!!!!!!!
eek.gif

Congratulations Dallas Mavericks and great job showing everybody Dallas Mavericks basketball!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Shortly after the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals, Heat forward LeBron James took to Twitter to explain what happened.

"The Greater Man upstairs knows when it's my time," James tweeted. "Right now isn't my time."

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Somebody got a Dirk/Jesus pic.....That would be so fitting with this quote
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I posted it before but here's the full response
THIS IS TRUE, WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN PROBLEMS. NOBODY IS PERFECT INCLUDING LEBRON. HE WASN'T SAYING "OH YOU PITTY CIVILIANS HAVE A NICE LAUGH WHILE YOU SHOP AT ROSS, AND I HAVE MY OWN NIKE SHOE" IM SURE BRON STAYS AWAY FROM FORUMS AND BLOGS LIKE THIS SO MAY NOT EVEN REALIZE THE BACKLASH FROM IT. BUT IM SURE IT WASN'T MALICIOUS.

I don't hate lebron....but that's exactly what I get he was saying.

co-sign

Thanks Erick Dampier.
pimp.gif

Pat Riley came by the Dallas locker room while the Mavericks were celebrating to congratulate Rick Carlisle.

VERY classy.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

poiupokjpsijdpfoijpsijdfohu..THESE DUDES WENT TO THE CLUB?!

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

And FTR Mavs fans were not "punking" Heat fans they just had more to root for yesterday. They're team continuously hit the toughest shots, fed the open men and overall won the championship the right way. Heat fans didn't have much of anything to root for yesterday, every time someone hit a big shot it was negated by missed free throws, bad calls etc etc etc...

Originally Posted by KenJi714

roll.gif
laugh.gif
260391_1956137380678_1160010043_32002294_2412161_n.jpg

there is no way in hell ericka dampier would get a ring b4 dirk

NO WAY IN HELL

it would be the biggest injustice of all time if that happened

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Thanks Erick Dampier.
pimp.gif

Pat Riley came by the Dallas locker room while the Mavericks were celebrating to congratulate Rick Carlisle.

VERY classy.

Probably so it'll be less akward after he fires Spo and offers Rick the job.
laugh.gif

Scottie Pippen had it all wrong when he recently compared LeBron James with Michael Jordan, said one former Chicago Bulls teammate.

"The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie," former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That's really where LeBron's preference is.

Steve Kerr told "Waddle & Silvy" that LeBron James is more like Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan, and the Heat star needs work on his offensive game this summer.

I love it, even Steve Kerr is putting Scottie Pippen in his place!!

[url=http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214099/LeBron_%c2%91Its_Not_My_Time]http://basketball.realgm....on_%c2%91Its_Not_My_Time[/url]

It goes from bad to worse for Lebron.  Dude needs all the public relations help he can get.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214099/LeBron_‘Its_Not_My_Timehttp://basketball.realgm....on_%c2%91Its_Not_My_Time

It goes from bad to worse for Lebron.  Dude needs all the public relations help he can get.

Have you not heard of The Decision?
laugh.gif
They're terrible.

^
laugh.gif

LeBron said he'd guard Dirk, never did in the series, and then once JET sees him on him, JET calls him out, and he falls short again..

Man. Can't do it on the big stage yet.

Back
Top Bottom