Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

I tried typing in Carl Crawford on my phone but it wouldn't save....

This spreadsheet is different, it doesn't have a chat feature.  

And Tim Lincecum, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my girlfriend's picture as your avy.  Thanks for your understanding.

I tried typing in Carl Crawford on my phone but it wouldn't save....

This spreadsheet is different, it doesn't have a chat feature.  

And Tim Lincecum, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my girlfriend's picture as your avy.  Thanks for your understanding.

Didn't know how to change the color on my phone...but I'll take Zimmy. That one Nats fan on NT would be proud.

Didn't know how to change the color on my phone...but I'll take Zimmy. That one Nats fan on NT would be proud.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Paul Is On Tilt, you'll be on the clock once it hits 9:00am.

Technically speaking, Paul should have until about 10:45 to make his pick.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Paul Is On Tilt, you'll be on the clock once it hits 9:00am.

Technically speaking, Paul should have until about 10:45 to make his pick.

I have a confession. I've been a "casual" fan for years and I'll admit to it but definitely not a bandwagon fan. I just have never really posted in the thread because I'm afraid you guys are going to call me a bandwagon fam
frown.gif

I have a confession. I've been a "casual" fan for years and I'll admit to it but definitely not a bandwagon fan. I just have never really posted in the thread because I'm afraid you guys are going to call me a bandwagon fam
frown.gif

If there was no such thing as casual fans, Major League Baseball would be out of business. Welcome NT23.

If there was no such thing as casual fans, Major League Baseball would be out of business. Welcome NT23.

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

I hated screaming my *#@ off during the playoffs and getting drunk in the city the night they won it all and not being able to post about it on NT
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

I hated screaming my *#@ off during the playoffs and getting drunk in the city the night they won it all and not being able to post about it on NT
frown.gif

[h2]Lincecum strong (and hungry)[/h2]
Posted on: March 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Score: 175

Log-in to rate:

PHOENIX -- Word of warning to opposing hitters: San Francisco ace Tim Lincecum already looks in midseason form.

After striking out seven Chicago White Sox hitters in 5 1/3 innings of the Giants' 5-3 Cactus League victory here, Lincecum said "I don't think I've felt this good all spring in any year."

Looking to increase his strength, he said he's added "10 or 11 pounds" from last year, up to 168. That's come through protein shakes, recovery drinks and good, old-fashioned eating.

Lincecum's most impressive revelation Wednesday afternoon: He regularly hits In-N-Out Burger, and his typical order is three double-doubles, two fries and one milkshake (half chocolate, half strawberry).

That's roughly 2,940 calories, according to the (delicious) In-N-Out web site.

Overall, Lincecum said, at 26, he's got a better idea of what he needs to do to get his body ready for the season, taking into account the workload of a major-league season, what's worked and what hasn't worked from past workouts and his "through the roof metabolism."

He lifts weights for upper body strength and runs stairs the day after he starts, his hardest workout day. He eschews long jogs now for sprint work on other days between starts.

He still does not ice his shoulder, one of the only pitchers in the game to bypass that.

"It's something I never got into," Lincecum said. "I'd rather have my blood flow get, what do you call them, lactic acids out freely rather than freezing them up."

Forget, though, the lactic acids.

How about his cholesterol, given all of those burgers?

"It's probably not too good," he said, chuckling.

But say this for him: He's not taking dieting third baseman Pablo Sandoval on his In-N-Out runs.

"No," he said, chuckling again. "I go solo."

[h2]Lincecum strong (and hungry)[/h2]
Posted on: March 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Score: 175

Log-in to rate:

PHOENIX -- Word of warning to opposing hitters: San Francisco ace Tim Lincecum already looks in midseason form.

After striking out seven Chicago White Sox hitters in 5 1/3 innings of the Giants' 5-3 Cactus League victory here, Lincecum said "I don't think I've felt this good all spring in any year."

Looking to increase his strength, he said he's added "10 or 11 pounds" from last year, up to 168. That's come through protein shakes, recovery drinks and good, old-fashioned eating.

Lincecum's most impressive revelation Wednesday afternoon: He regularly hits In-N-Out Burger, and his typical order is three double-doubles, two fries and one milkshake (half chocolate, half strawberry).

That's roughly 2,940 calories, according to the (delicious) In-N-Out web site.

Overall, Lincecum said, at 26, he's got a better idea of what he needs to do to get his body ready for the season, taking into account the workload of a major-league season, what's worked and what hasn't worked from past workouts and his "through the roof metabolism."

He lifts weights for upper body strength and runs stairs the day after he starts, his hardest workout day. He eschews long jogs now for sprint work on other days between starts.

He still does not ice his shoulder, one of the only pitchers in the game to bypass that.

"It's something I never got into," Lincecum said. "I'd rather have my blood flow get, what do you call them, lactic acids out freely rather than freezing them up."

Forget, though, the lactic acids.

How about his cholesterol, given all of those burgers?

"It's probably not too good," he said, chuckling.

But say this for him: He's not taking dieting third baseman Pablo Sandoval on his In-N-Out runs.

"No," he said, chuckling again. "I go solo."

Back
Top Bottom