Official 2011 Track & Field Thread: Diamond League (Brussels) Bolt 9.76 & Blake 19.26

@smedrock as a runner it actually isnt. There are ppm who purposely false start to hold the field to stay longer in the blocks. It also slows up things alotttt when there R two or three recalls. And you stRt to get Angry cuz you warmed up forever and in a championsip moment you just want to get things done with

@smedrock as a runner it actually isnt. There are ppm who purposely false start to hold the field to stay longer in the blocks. It also slows up things alotttt when there R two or three recalls. And you stRt to get Angry cuz you warmed up forever and in a championsip moment you just want to get things done with

Nothing is wrong with the new rule....everyone knew about it....Bolt should have stayed in his blocks.

But im sure since he's the amazing runner he is every sports site will complain about the rule for the next couple of weeks

Bolt still could have ran under protest...But c'mon....that EARLY of a start?....I feel no sympathy ...it aint that hard to stay down.
or raise your hand at the last minute.
laugh.gif

Nothing is wrong with the new rule....everyone knew about it....Bolt should have stayed in his blocks.

But im sure since he's the amazing runner he is every sports site will complain about the rule for the next couple of weeks

Bolt still could have ran under protest...But c'mon....that EARLY of a start?....I feel no sympathy ...it aint that hard to stay down.
or raise your hand at the last minute.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Prior to this though the rule was one false start to cover the field and then people start getting clipped.

I agree back in the day when everybody had 2 chances that was bull $++# but now it's OD imo. The last rule served to cut down time wasting and gamesmanship. This rule serves only to detract.

From that article that dude posted seems that the sprinters are trying to get it over turned, hopefully it happens.

Originally Posted by NikeKid6

Prior to this though the rule was one false start to cover the field and then people start getting clipped.

I agree back in the day when everybody had 2 chances that was bull $++# but now it's OD imo. The last rule served to cut down time wasting and gamesmanship. This rule serves only to detract.

From that article that dude posted seems that the sprinters are trying to get it over turned, hopefully it happens.

update

Carmelita jeter wont the gold, VCB silver, and Kellyann baptiste won bronze in the 100 meter finals

110 hurdles, robles won gold, jason richardson silver, xiang liu bronze

400 meter women monsho from botswana wins gold, allyson felix silver, and the russian gets bronze

update

Carmelita jeter wont the gold, VCB silver, and Kellyann baptiste won bronze in the 100 meter finals

110 hurdles, robles won gold, jason richardson silver, xiang liu bronze

400 meter women monsho from botswana wins gold, allyson felix silver, and the russian gets bronze

No disrespect to Blake or the other medalists, but the final without Bolt was the definition of anti-climatic
ohwell.gif

No disrespect to Blake or the other medalists, but the final without Bolt was the definition of anti-climatic
ohwell.gif

Aries Merrit ran a great last half of that race. Could be a major factor if he doesnt let the field get out on him in the next round

Aries Merrit ran a great last half of that race. Could be a major factor if he doesnt let the field get out on him in the next round

Robles disqualified, 
mad.gif
  lavinellie dispointed as well, aint like i ve been able to watch any of it anyway

Robles disqualified, 
mad.gif
  lavinellie dispointed as well, aint like i ve been able to watch any of it anyway

I've avoided all news/posts about today's events. I'm STILL waiting for CBC to put up the evening stream from Day 3 so I can watch all the finals (I didn't watch it live this morning), so $$!%%@% annoying.

I've avoided all news/posts about today's events. I'm STILL waiting for CBC to put up the evening stream from Day 3 so I can watch all the finals (I didn't watch it live this morning), so $$!%%@% annoying.

I don't watch a lot of track, but do enjoy watching Liu Xiang... What an incredible turn of events... shame it ended the way it did.
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

I don't watch a lot of track, but do enjoy watching Liu Xiang... What an incredible turn of events... shame it ended the way it did.
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

The womens 400m final was incrediable, its a shame Allyson didnt have a few more metres to win. Richard-Ross was disappointing, hopefully she will be better at London.

To me it looks like Robles natural extention of his hand, but he wasnt in the centre of his lane causing him to get into contact with Liu Xiang. But i dont really follow hurdles. Robles pretty much went over and hugged Liu Xiang instantously after the finish which seemed wierd.

Back
Top Bottom