Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

Rafa took the L like a G though. He didn't make excuses which so many players do. As for Justine retiring again, I'm surprised but not totally blown away. Mainly because the elbow injury looked really bad when she hurt it last year. I really hope my girl Na Li takes this entire thing, I like her game and I really not a fan of Kim or Caro. Caro's success is an indictment on the women's game (everyone already knows how I feel).

Rafa
30t6p3b.gif

Really thought he could have won all 4 this year.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Li

Maybe Caro will take this L as an opportunity to stop pushing and attack sometimes.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Li

Maybe Caro will take this L as an opportunity to stop pushing and attack sometimes.

Not too surprised that Li Na won, but pretty shocked that Woz wasn't able to close it out in the 2nd.

Regardless of the winner of the other semifinal, should be a solid final.

laugh.gif
@ the post-match interview.

Not too surprised that Li Na won, but pretty shocked that Woz wasn't able to close it out in the 2nd.

Regardless of the winner of the other semifinal, should be a solid final.

laugh.gif
@ the post-match interview.

Originally Posted by HamchopAFG

rafa nadal is the biggest vagina ever hes pathetic...once he starts losing he acts like a f***** baby
Shut up.
Anyway...Li Na played a great match.  I knew once she saved that match point it was a wrap because Wozniaki is not built like that 
laugh.gif
.  I figured it was gonna come down to Venus or Li Na on this side of the bracket, and Venus left early.  I hope Li Na wins the whole thing.  I really like her game, and I'm not a Clijsters or Zvonareva fan.

First Chinese player to make the finals.  I love witnessing history 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HamchopAFG

rafa nadal is the biggest vagina ever hes pathetic...once he starts losing he acts like a f***** baby
Shut up.
Anyway...Li Na played a great match.  I knew once she saved that match point it was a wrap because Wozniaki is not built like that 
laugh.gif
.  I figured it was gonna come down to Venus or Li Na on this side of the bracket, and Venus left early.  I hope Li Na wins the whole thing.  I really like her game, and I'm not a Clijsters or Zvonareva fan.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

HamchopAFG wrote:

Shut up.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

RNB ~ Don't feed the troll!
Anyway, I gotta admit, after the 1st set, I didn't think Li had a chance.  She was spraying her shots all over the place.  Nerves perhaps.  She really tightened up her game in the 2nd and 3rd, which was really authentic-Li Na, running Caro ragged.  
pimp.gif

2nd set winners: Li - 20, Caro - 8

3rd set winners: Li - 15, Caro - 0 
eek.gif

I think she has a better shot at Zvon, but she also just beat Kim last week in Sydney, so who knows.  She's an underdog regardless, but if she is able to stay loose/relaxed, I like her chances.  

Been a great week for women's tennis, I gotta say.  First that epic with Sveta and Schiavone, and now Li Na's run.  Gotta love the candidness of her interviews as well.  First time I've heard snoring, prize money and wedding anniversaries in an on-court interview... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

HamchopAFG wrote:

Shut up.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

RNB ~ Don't feed the troll!
Anyway, I gotta admit, after the 1st set, I didn't think Li had a chance.  She was spraying her shots all over the place.  Nerves perhaps.  She really tightened up her game in the 2nd and 3rd, which was really authentic-Li Na, running Caro ragged.  
pimp.gif

2nd set winners: Li - 20, Caro - 8

3rd set winners: Li - 15, Caro - 0 
eek.gif

I think she has a better shot at Zvon, but she also just beat Kim last week in Sydney, so who knows.  She's an underdog regardless, but if she is able to stay loose/relaxed, I like her chances.  

Been a great week for women's tennis, I gotta say.  First that epic with Sveta and Schiavone, and now Li Na's run.  Gotta love the candidness of her interviews as well.  First time I've heard snoring, prize money and wedding anniversaries in an on-court interview... 
laugh.gif

i think clijsters is gon take it... and for the mens im rooting for murray being that he never won anything but won't be surprised if the winner of the whole thing comes from the federer/novak matchup

i think clijsters is gon take it... and for the mens im rooting for murray being that he never won anything but won't be surprised if the winner of the whole thing comes from the federer/novak matchup

Back
Top Bottom