Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

dawson has heart for dropping all that weight and fighting in the bay .......with that said

ward is TOOOOO disciplined of a fighter to let this opportunity go to waste 

i think ward walks through this and walks through dirrell if ever that happens , 

now that this bute nonsense has been put to rest maybe we can start

seeing ward as a top 2-3 p4p fighter on some of these list's

Robert Guerrero confront Broner.
roll.gif

broner is such a clown bro , i hate when people compare him to mayweather , 

mayweather's competition at that age was way superior (corrales,castillo) 

and while he uses the same variation of the philly shell floyd uses he fights

more like floyd does now in his 30's than floyd in his mid 20's when he

was 10 notches over every one talent wise.

broner is such a clown bro , i hate when people compare him to mayweather , 
mayweather's competition at that age was way superior (corrales,castillo) 
and while he uses the same variation of the philly shell floyd uses he fights
more like floyd does now in his 30's than floyd in his mid 20's when he
was 10 notches over every one talent wise.
The comparison is an easy one though even if Broner isn't quite on the same level as PBF. Elite hand-speed, solid defensive skills and technique, knows how to sell fights with bravado and trash talk.

24-0 is impressive even if you use the "tomato cans" argument. He's going to be taking a step up in competition gradually. Then we'll see the real Broner.

Ward vs. Dawson: I'm guessing everyone is going with the easy pick of Ward by UD out-boxing Dawson? I'll take a risk and say "Bad Chad" by TKO6.

Vitali klitschko stops Charr in 4 round due to a cut. Might be Vitali last fight. No sort of competition in the heavy weight division.

first tko in 5 years & vs ward dont see that
Completely understandable. The prediction (as I prefaced with) is a long shot. Doing it more so out of fun, enjoyment for the fight. Taking an upset pick, if you will. Based on the hometown crowd and purer boxing skills. Plus drop in weight for Dawson.

This has the makings of an absolute snoozefest.  Ward in typical Ward fashion: Boring UD.

It's the best fighting the best, isn't that what everyone complains boxing isn't doing? Just because it isn't a toe to toe slugfest, it's going to be boring? Need to appreciate the sweet science sometimes.

This has the makings of an absolute snoozefest.  Ward in typical Ward fashion: Boring UD.
It's the best fighting the best, isn't that what everyone complains boxing isn't doing? Just because it isn't a toe to toe slugfest, it's going to be boring? Need to appreciate the sweet science sometimes.
I appreciate the sweet science plenty but that doesn't mean the best vs. the best can't still be boring.  Happens in all sports.  I don't need it to be an all out slugfest but styles clashing can make for boring stalemate style fights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom