Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Yea, Dawson told him to stop it from what I heard. I do not agree. Make it to the 12th. A LOT better than I expected this fight to be. I gain more and more respect for Ward every fight. Great show he put on. Who else is left for him?

As if he had to ask for your permission :lol: This dude has kids, no need to absorb that punishment just for the fans. It was clear EARLY that Ward was in command of the fight.

LHW seems like the next logical step, he'll wash anyone at Super Middle.

Middleweights wanna step up? Maravilla? Jr?....

Bad idea, they'll get the same treatment.

Last edited:
Lol Chad "I'll just go to back to 175 and continue my (championship) reign there"...

Yea buddy?....Minus whale relinquish that WBC strap, unless you want Ward to take that from you once he steps up in weight.

Yeah Ward is solid nothing special. Broner vs Demarco lets make that happen a decent challenge for Broner. I know Ghost gonna be ringside trolling :lol:

Steve smoger asked him if he's done....and chad said "im done" Chad wasn't doing anything in the fight

Last edited:
yo ward is a beast... never seen him fight until tonight.. hes like a very poor mans version of floyd but still a great fighter... but my question who can he fight next? can he fight the winner of the chavez/martinez fight? i really do think martinez is overrated and chavez will knock him out next week or win by decision but against ward i dont know... ward is really that good

The 2nd greatest 168 pound fighter.

Roy still has the top spot but Ward would give a good account of himself I think.

yo ward is a beast... never seen him fight until tonight.. hes like a very poor mans version of floyd but still a great fighter... but my question who can he fight next? can he fight the winner of the chavez/martinez fight? i really do think martinez is overrated and chavez will knock him out next week or win by decision but against ward i dont know... ward is really that good

poor man's version of floyd?

lolwut? I don't even....

not even the same typ.....

you know what bruh? I'mma just let you live bruh.

To answer your question, no I don't think either Chaves or Martinez will step up to super-middle (though I think Chavez can make super), they'd both be unwise to take the fight.

I can envision someone who doesn't have much to lose, a name, a guy who has been at the top and lost it all, and wants it back again.

Kelly Pavlik.

So voicing my opinion about Chad stopping the fight is out? OK I'll remember that for the next fight.

IDK about any of those Champ. Maybe Pavlik I guess. Bute is doing a interim fight and then the rematch with Froch, Dirrell might still be looking for that doctor :lol: but Pavlik was offered the Kessler fight but in Europe and IDK if he wants that so for the right money he might take that :lol:

What?
laugh.gif

If anything he closely resembles Hopkins, a very good impression I'd say.

That rush in ambush style is perfect for Ward, I wonder what Hopkins thinks of him.

He should try 175, he smokes everyone else at 168.

Also, Martinez is gonna knock that kid the hell out.
smokin.gif

I believe Chad cutting weight did him in.

Ive never even Ward knock anyone down with his hardest cleanest punches let alone 2 short left hooks.

Good Show from Ward.

Andre Dirrell dont want it with no one physical let alone Ward.

Ward might as well feast on this division til he gets too big

We need to see Ward vs Dirrell.
That's exactly the fight I'd like to see as well.

Pro: Pav has a puncher's chance at the least against S.O.G. I'm rooting for him because of the substance abuse history. Hope Ghost can overcome the trials and tribulations tainting an otherwise impressive boxing career. Still upset he's got two on Jermain, though. Pav hasn't really fought anyone significant since the Maravilla loss. Should he jump into a Ward or Kessler fight purely for the money, or wait after another significant fight that serves as a bit of a tune-up?

^ my explanation of poor mans version of floyd is he plays good defense he controls the ring and doesn't take risks unless it benefits him... and he has a good chin so he can definitely take punches...

Back
Top Bottom