Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

realtalk is there a secret to getting instant DM's sent to NIKETOWN twitters? people have been mentioning secrets/apps that do the work for you... pm me if you know :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yes there's people in here who has an app to beat the system. But they charge you for the secret!

I had a nice long rant typed out, but I'll just say...
This is SAD what simply buying a shoe has turned into.
And no this has nothing to do with getting or not getting a pair.
QFT, it's weird how some seem so stressed.... It wasn't like this just 2 years ago.... Maybe I'm getting old at 20 yrs old

I was able to cop my pair earlier today with ease and just now I tried and failed miserably for the stealth foamposites with a fast computer and the world's fastest internet speeds (South Korea). After the XI's next week i'm done. Hobbies are supposed to be fun, not stressful like this....

Back to this shoe, they're definitely a sleeper pick all the heat that's been releasing this winter. 
nthat.gif

For all of you Chicago guys not receiving tweets and DMs on your phones, I had the same problem last night and this morning. Found this on Twitter...

Bug Alert:
  • Some users are not currently able to see all Tweets posted within the past week from accounts they follow. These Tweets might still show up in third-party applications or in your Mentions tab.
  • Some users are currently experiencing an issue with direct messages disappearing, without the sender or receiver deleting them from their inbox.
  • Some users may experience a delay in DM delivery. A notification may arrive to your email inbox, but the DM won't appear for some time after the email delivery.
        Our engineers are hard at work to solve these issues. Follow @Support for updates!

Maybe explains why we are not receiving things in a timely manner!

Last edited:
I ended up getting through at NT Chicago afterall! BTW, just for clarification, I received a text notification from Nike Chicago, my phone just didn't indicate that I'd receive it (no ring, no vibrate, etc.), so it wasn't an issue with them that I had, it was an issue with my crappy Droid

First time trying this whole DM thing.. didn't hear back for 2 hours but I secured a pair. Very grateful and happy. Good luck to everyone trying to cop

realtalk is there a secret to getting instant DM's sent to NIKETOWN twitters? people have been mentioning secrets/apps that do the work for you... pm me if you know :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yes there's people in here who has an app to beat the system. But they charge you for the secret!

YES, THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR A WHILE. THERE ARE APPS/COMPUTER PROGRAMS THAT WILL "LISTEN" FOR THE TWEET, AUTOMATICALLY PULL THE HASHTAG OUT THE TWEET AND AUTOMATICALLY DM THEM THE INFO. I'VE SEEN IT MYSELF. IT IS LITERALLY ALMOST INSTANTANEOUS. WAY FASTER THAN ANYONE CAN PHYSICALLY DM.

THERE IS ALSO A SEPERATE PROGRAM THAT WILL "LISTEN" TO A TWITTER ACCOUNT AND WHEN THEY TWEET A LINK, IT OPENS THE LINK AUTOMATICALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY PICKS YOUR SIZE SHOE AND ADDS IT TO YOUR CART. THIS TOO IS ALMOST INSTANTANEOUS. THIS IS WHY SOME SIZES ARE SOLD AS SOON AS THE LINK GOES OUT. THESE PROGRAMS GET THE LINK A COUPLE SECONDS EARLY, COUPLED WITH THE FACT THAT THEY RESPOND BACK ALMOST INSTANTANEOUSLY.

Those were hideous when they first released them and they're still hideous to this day. But we are in the age of hypebeast so I expect these to fly off the shelves.

YES, THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR A WHILE. THERE ARE APPS/COMPUTER PROGRAMS THAT WILL "LISTEN" FOR THE TWEET, AUTOMATICALLY PULL THE HASHTAG OUT THE TWEET AND AUTOMATICALLY DM THEM THE INFO. I'VE SEEN IT MYSELF. IT IS LITERALLY ALMOST INSTANTANEOUS. WAY FASTER THAN ANYONE CAN PHYSICALLY DM.
THERE IS ALSO A SEPERATE PROGRAM THAT WILL "LISTEN" TO A TWITTER ACCOUNT AND WHEN THEY TWEET A LINK, IT OPENS THE LINK AUTOMATICALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY PICKS YOUR SIZE SHOE AND ADDS IT TO YOUR CART. THIS TOO IS ALMOST INSTANTANEOUS. THIS IS WHY SOME SIZES ARE SOLD AS SOON AS THE LINK GOES OUT. THESE PROGRAMS GET THE LINK A COUPLE SECONDS EARLY, COUPLED WITH THE FACT THAT THEY RESPOND BACK ALMOST INSTANTANEOUSLY.
Someone shoot me a PM with some info on how to get this app/program. I am definitely interested.

I was at the Apple christmas party last night and was playing cards in the basement of this old mansion. Had no service and got the tweet on my phone about 10 minutes after it hit. First RSVP I've missed out on this fall. NTSF almost inevitably has a second one, and you can bank on when that one will hit, so I still think I'm going to pass on getting up at 5AM tomorrow morning to deal with NDC and the rest of that ilk.

I remember you saying in another thread that you were working on creating a program like this with a friend. Is the program you're referring to yours? :nerd:

WTF!!!! ..... NAHHHH I HAVE HEARD IT ALLLLL LMAOOOOOO THIS IS TRULY ******ED... PPL ARE DOING THE MOST... *MIND ABSOLUTELY BLOWN* :wow:

I remember you saying in another thread that you were working on creating a program like this with a friend. Is the program you're referring to yours? :nerd:

YES, THAT ONE IS MINE.

THE PROGRAM FOR THE TWITTER RSVP, I WAS SHOWN THAT ONE IN ACTION BY SOMEONE ELSE. THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME THE CODE FOR THAT ONE UNLESS I PAID THEM BUT I'M SURE I COULD POSSIBLY RECREATE IT MYSELF ONCE I GET SOME FREE TIME FROM WORK AND CLASSES.

OBVIOUSLY NO ONE WILL GIVE THESE OUT FOR FREE BECAUSE THE POTENTIAL TO EXPLOIT THEM IS HUGE.

WTF!!!! ..... NAHHHH I HAVE HEARD IT ALLLLL LMAOOOOOO THIS IS TRULY ******ED... PPL ARE DOING THE MOST... *MIND ABSOLUTELY BLOWN* :wow:

I THOUGHT IT WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE BY NOW THAT THESE EXISTED.

Someone shoot me a PM with some info on how to get this app/program. I am definitely interested.
The only info you are going to get is to look at people's sigs on here.  The guys with this program all have something in their sig about PM'ing them for upcoming RSVP's.  They won't sell the program for a one time fee, but will charge you $20 for each RSVP that they successfully get you. 

The only info you are going to get is to look at people's sigs on here.  The guys with this program all have something in their sig about PM'ing them for upcoming RSVP's.  They won't sell the program for a one time fee, but will charge you $20 for each RSVP that they successfully get you. 

I NEVER THOUGHT BEFORE TO CREATE ONE FOR THE TWITTER RSVP BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE NEAR ANY NIKETOWNS. THE NEAREST ONE IS 4 HOURS AWAY. IF I WON I WOULD HAVE TO DRIVE TO PICK THEM UP BUT IF YOU PUT SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME ON THE DM THAT LIVED IN THAT CITY....THOSE SIGS ARE STARTING TO MAKE SENSE NOW. THEY ARE PROBABLY USING THE PROGRAM TO DM NIKETOWNS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY, EVEN ONES NOT NEAR THEM, FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND THEN CHARGING THEM FOR IT. DON'T HAVE TO EVEN LEAVE YOUR HOUSE.

MAD AT MYSELF FOR NOT THINKING OF IT EARLIER :smh:

Coming upon 2pm and haven't heard anything from the Footlocker raffle. Looking like NDC in the morning.

True that. My mind is totally not on their level and wouldn't know how to even decipher anything like that. I'm just getting more and more frustrated each time I don't get through. I got to change this outcome somehow.

Got Tickets For A 10, 11 And 12 In These But May Pass On Picking Them Up Being That Footaction Pulled 2 Of My Tickets For Foams Yesterday And Was Able To Get Thru On NDC For A 3rd Pair Today......

Decisions Decisions

*EDIT- Just Got The Call On Another Two 10's And A Size 9 In These Joints.... I'm Feeling Like I'm At The Arcade With All These Damn Winning Tickets :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom