::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Señor Chang, easy decision, take that deal and run for the hills. All the Albert speculation will end if/when he has a 8-10 homer month.

Originally Posted by senor chang

Venom, i need some advice. I just got an offer:
he gives me Albert Pujols and I give him Cliff Lee

Should I do it? I'm in a 12 team league. I still got verlander,Jason Hammel , king felix and nova as my SP

YES. GO RIGHT NOW AND HIT ACCEPT. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

carlos marmol might lose his closing spot for chc, pick up james russel or rafael dolis and stash? or wait till more news comes out

also mariano rivera got hurt, pick up soriano or robertson?

Originally Posted by diew its james

carlos marmol might lose his closing spot for chc, pick up james russel or rafael dolis and stash? or wait till more news comes out

also mariano rivera got hurt, pick up soriano or robertson?
wait on the Cubs situation, most likely will be committee 
Yankees go grab Robertson.

Diew, definitely Robertson. Many had him stashed already for holds and Ks. Luckily traded Marmol yesterday for Johnson (BAL) and Myers.

Diew, try picking up Thornton/Reed because Santiago is on his way out in Chicago. Holland from KC is good long-term to replace Broxton. 

Marmol would probably have the longest leash out of all of them. The rest of that pen is atrocious.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Diew, try picking up Thornton/Reed because Santiago is on his way out in Chicago. Holland from KC is good long-term to replace Broxton. 
here are my pitchers at the moment, should i drop any of them for reed/holland? thornton isnt available
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][th=""]
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
James Shields
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Brandon Beachy
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Sean Marshall
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Scott Downs
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Jonny Venters
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Santiago Casilla
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Johnny Cueto
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Steve Cishek
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Lance Lynn
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Cory Luebke
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Cliff Lee
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Doug Fister
[/td][/tr][/table]

someone dropped yoenis cespedes in my league, 5x5 h2h 12 teams, should i use my #2 waiver priority for him? my other OF's are alex gordon, jd martinez, corey hart, and jacoby ellsbury on DL

Originally Posted by diew its james

someone dropped yoenis cespedes in my league, 5x5 h2h 12 teams, should i use my #2 waiver priority for him? my other OF's are alex gordon, jd martinez, corey hart, and jacoby ellsbury on DL

yes
And in terms of your pitchers dilemma for Reed or Thornton, sit tight. You have no one on your roster that is droppable in my eyes for either of those two right now

Don't like either Chicago closer option for real life or fantasy. Walden will win his job back from Downs, be proactive and drop Downs for Reed. Reed will be the White Sox closer by year's end over Santiago. Sale seems solid as a starter and Thornton is better suited for the eight in a setup role.

Ozzie just went to Heath Bell in a 1 run game in the 9th for a save chance....he gave up back to back doubles and blew it.

Pick up Chris Capuano if you need starting pitching. He did beautifully for me today, I picked him up this morning. 
Btw Jason Hammel was sharp again, against the Red Sox today at Fenway. I'm simply too scared of the offense in the AL East to pick him up and stick with him long term though. 

No, hold off on Reed at this point. I'll be the first to admit I'm shocked, Sale is 3-1 with a 2.81 ERA as a starter. He's understandably upset and I felt Ventura could comfortably go with Thornton and Reed in the eighth and ninth.

Back
Top Bottom