::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

whats everyones opinion on alex gordon? terrible start so far... i have him in 2 leagues and extremely frustrated with him. is he going to bounce back and produce like last year?

Originally Posted by diew its james

whats everyones opinion on alex gordon? terrible start so far... i have him in 2 leagues and extremely frustrated with him. is he going to bounce back and produce like last year?

dude, the season is 11 games old...you don't have to start getting worried till late May early June

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

dude, the season is 11 games old...you don't have to start getting worried till late May early June

im not saying that i would make a move and drop him im just asking should i bench him and use another OF until i see production?

You guys think I should cut ties with Drew Stubbs and just scoop Reimold? Stubbs has potential. But hes *#$+ the bed the second half of last season. And hasnt done *#$+ so far this season (I know its early)

I got him late in the draft so it wouldnt be a huge hit. I was hoping he would be a nice little sleeper. But dude has been str8 basura for a while now.

im not saying that i would make a move and drop him im just asking should i bench him and use another OF until i see production?

sure, bench him - that's fine, just don't drop him yet. He's talented, just off to a slow start

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

You guys think I should cut ties with Drew Stubbs and just scoop Reimold? Stubbs has potential. But hes *#$+ the bed the second half of last season. And hasnt done *#$+ so far this season (I know its early)

I got him late in the draft so it wouldnt be a huge hit. I was hoping he would be a nice little sleeper. But dude has been str8 basura for a while now.

I don't like Stubbs, he's nothing special IMO, had hype but hasn't really lived up to it. He has speed and some power, but in that lineup with Votto, Phillips, Bruce etc he should really be producing. I'd be fine with this drop for Reimold who is finally getting PT. 
Are there any other guys you can drop?

$100 FAAB budget, have $85 dollars left

Aramis Ram
Francoeur
Dunn
Reimold

all on the waivers, how much should I bid on them? a range is fine

Have 2 trades proposed to me. Trying to see if either are worth it. Rot, 5x5. Only stats I'm really hurting in are Saves, ERA and WHIP.

Getting
Omar Infante (Mia - 2B)        13/39     9     4     6     0     .350
Jason Bartlett (SD - SS)      7/40     3     0     2     0     .277
Sean Marshall (Cin - RP)      4.1IP     0     2     7     2.08     1.62

Losing

I too would drop Stubbs for Reimold.

NR,

It's really close on that first trade but I would probably pull the trigger since it looks like you could really use some saves.

Question guys -

My league has a minor league slot (seperate from the D.L.) where you can stash 1 guy in the minors until theyre called up. I have Brad Peacock there.

I was just offered Brandon Belt for Peacock straight up. Opinions?

Belt had pretty decent expectations coming into the year for a young guy, but hasn't gotten the PT let alone the hits. I still like him (Belt) but I don't know if I should pull the trigger.

My current OF is Jason Heyward, Corey Hart and Duda (moved him from 1B, switched Gamel over and plugged Seager at 3rd).

I just lost Ellsbury for at least 6 weeks, and have Cody Ross and Luke Scott as my backup OFs.

I recently made two key pickups in Lohse and Matt Harrison. Lohse has been pitching amazing so far this year and I cashed in on his last 2 starts. Harrison is anchoring the Rangers' pitching staff I believe and is on a roll as well. He pitched great for me vs the Tigers on Friday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NRitsuh

Have 2 trades proposed to me. Trying to see if either are worth it. Rot, 5x5. Only stats I'm really hurting in are Saves, ERA and WHIP.

Getting
Omar Infante (Mia - 2B)        13/39     9     4     6     0     .350
Jason Bartlett (SD - SS)      7/40     3     0     2     0     .277
Sean Marshall (Cin - RP)      4.1IP     0     2     7     2.08     1.62

Losing

Originally Posted by frankl1001

kershaw
cc
stras
latos
scherzer
johan
nolasco
darvish
bell
Cordero

10 team 5x5 h2h, QS instead of W'smy OFs are: Bruce, Stubbs, Chris Young, Austin Jax, Lomo, Duda

His Beltran for my Latos? His power + speed can be useful...

Some guys to keep an eye on, or if you're looking for pick ups

Steals - Tony Campana - guy is doing great for the Cubs

Power - Cody Ross

Pitching - Tony Milone, Jarrod Parker

Nate Schierholtz is playing well too
Get Jose Altuve too

Originally Posted by dland24

Robinson Cano and Ivan Nova or Andrew McCutchen, Jemile Weeks and Ian Kennedy?

Cano is better than McCutchen, and right now Nova is better than Kennedy and in a better situation run support wise. Weeks is meh.
Cano and Nova are the better side in this deal. 

is tony campana going to remain in the lineup for the rest of the year or is he temporarily in the lineup? the extra steals look real good...

Some guys to keep an eye on, or if you're looking for pick ups

Steals - Tony Campana - guy is doing great for the Cubs

Power - Cody Ross

Pitching - Tony Milone, Jarrod Parker

Nate Schierholtz is playing well too
Get Jose Altuve too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Loving your advice about under the radar players, keep it coming throughout the season. Of course all of those players are available in my league, I need speed so I picked up Campana and Altuve just now. I'm second in my league currently, just 3 points back. My bats have been doing great and my pitching is decent which is why I'm doing well.
I had Jurrjens (just sent to AAA) on the hill for a while and he was holding me back. I dropped him for Ted Lilly, who hopefully will have a solid outing tonight vs the Braves. Lilly is quite reliable it seems, I'll stick with him for now.

Grab Jason Hammel

He's been on my team for 2 weeks, after tonight he's 3-0. Pitching like a champ!!

Barry Zito pitched another solid game, but didn't get the win.

Chris Sale and Jarrod Parker both pitched great games against each other

is tony campana going to remain in the lineup for the rest of the year or is he temporarily in the lineup? the extra steals look real good...

the Cubs have nothing. They need any kind of speed and contact they can get, if Campana can continue to get on base and steal bases, he's not going anywhere. For now he's in and that's what matters.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Infante or Altuve?
Altuve.
I like both, and Infante has shown odd power early on, could go either way but right now I think Altuve is safer

Back
Top Bottom