::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Originally Posted by frankl1001

Venom, check out post #162. My Latos for Beltran? Leaning towards Yes

I'd say yes if you're desperate for hitting. Beltran should be solid as long as he can stay healthy. I'm disappointed at how Latos has started, but going from Petco to Great American it was bound to happen.

PICK-UP ALERT: Bryce Harper recalled and will start tomorrow. He might get sent back down when Zimmerman comes back from the DL, unless he rakes.

a lot of power/speed upside here, don't expect 19-year old Griffey numbers though

Originally Posted by frankl1001

PICK-UP ALERT: Bryce Harper recalled and will start tomorrow. He might get sent back down when Zimmerman comes back from the DL, unless he rakes.

a lot of power/speed upside here, don't expect 19-year old Griffey numbers though

someone picked him up 20 min before me
frown.gif
mad.gif

Minor tidbit: Move Kubel and Parra preemptive to Young's return. 
Kemp and Hamilton have both been unreal thus far in the short MLB season. 

Both Weeks brothers posting similar numbers, not good right now. 

i might be crazy, but i like derek holland depending on the matchup. has real good stuff, strikes out a lot of batters. his recent numbers are skewed because he's pitched against boston, the yankees, and the rays.

- Cody Ross heating up

- Pedro Alvarez, all he does is hit HR's nothing else though.

- Obviously Bryce Harper called up

- Go get Chris Davis if you need a third baseman

- Jarrod Parker shut down the Sox today, I told you guys about him last week.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Minor tidbit: Move Kubel and Parra preemptive to Young's return. 
Disagree about Kubel. He is hot and has a spot as one of the corner OF's
Parra is expendable IMO, not Kubel, not now.

Would you guys trade

Kershaw (currently owned)

for

Derek Holland
Jeff Samardzija
BJ Upton

in a keeper league?

My OF is just okay right now with Corey Hart, Heyward, and Cody Ross. I have Luke Scott at DH and Allen Craig on the bench, Ellsbury on the DL.

My SPs are Kershaw, Dan Hudson on the DL, Tommy Hanson, Wei-Yin Chen, Mike Leake and Phil Hughes who are both close to being dropped.

I feel like it's good value but in a keeper league, Kershaw could be my ace for years.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Go get Chris Davis if you need a third baseman.

I wouldn't depend on him, though.  Still way too much swing and miss in his game.  He's gonna force Buck to play him against lefties and that swoon is coming soon.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I wouldn't depend on him, though.  Still way too much swing and miss in his game.  He's gonna force Buck to play him against lefties and that swoon is coming soon.

I didn't say go get him and drop someone decent. I said if you need a third basemen, LIKE NOW - Evan Longoria just got hurt - out 4-8 weeks - get Davis he will be a decent fill in.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Would you guys trade

Kershaw (currently owned)

for

Derek Holland
Jeff Samardzija
BJ Upton

in a keeper league?

My OF is just okay right now with Corey Hart, Heyward, and Cody Ross. I have Luke Scott at DH and Allen Craig on the bench, Ellsbury on the DL.

My SPs are Kershaw, Dan Hudson on the DL, Tommy Hanson, Wei-Yin Chen, Mike Leake and Phil Hughes who are both close to being dropped.

I feel like it's good value but in a keeper league, Kershaw could be my ace for years.

NO NO NO.
Kershaw is a monster, do not move him for that sub par package.

Upton is one of the most inconsistent baseball players on the planet. I don't buy any Cubs pitcher other than Garza, so that's a no no on Samardzija and Holland is good but shaky at times. 

Here's a heads up.

Word is coming down that Will Middlebrooks, Red Sox STUD 3B whose been ON FIRE - is being called up today due to Youklis being hurt.

Keep an eye out for the news, as he is a beast.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I didn't say go get him and drop someone decent. I said if you need a third basemen, LIKE NOW - Evan Longoria just got hurt - out 4-8 weeks - get Davis he will be a decent fill in.

I know, I'm just saying I wouldn't depend on him at all to keep up any kind of sustained success.  A guy playing that drastically above their norms shouldn't keep  it.  I'd honestly dig deeper than him.

Heads up

Heath Bell has lost his job as Miami's closer after blowing another game last night.

Ozzie Guillen said "Got to put my best guy out there and right now he's not our best"

Steve Cishek is in line to be the closer now.

Heads up

Heath Bell has lost his job as Miami's closer after blowing another game last night.

Ozzie Guillen said "Got to put my best guy out there and right now he's not our best"

Steve Cishek is in line to be the closer now.

is this official or just a rumor? none of the notes on yahoo/cbssports state that cishek is definitely the new closer

picked him up anyway, though

I would think Mujica would get it, no? He's been in some big spots for em this year and gotten out of it.

That quote is straight from Ozzie Guillen. It obviously means Bell won't be saving games right now.

Cishek has been their best bullpen guy

Bell being demoted was a long time coming, even with the long leash Ozzie gave him. Long-term I see more closing by committee in Miami.

Ozzie gullen says bell is still the closer but neither he nor cishek is available today

obviously this is because of the extra innings they played yesterday. Guillen also said he still has faith in Bell but will go to another closer for now

Venom, i need some advice. I just got an offer:
he gives me Albert Pujols and I give him Cliff Lee

Should I do it? I'm in a 12 team league. I still got verlander,Jason Hammel , king felix and nova as my SP

Back
Top Bottom