OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

Well I don't know of he still has the parking lots, but everybody on Facebook keeps saying so
laugh.gif

I'm hyped to be going on opening day now
pimp.gif

And I can't wait to see Shwab post the stats on how many tickets sold within the next 24 hours after McCourt sold the team
laugh.gif

Such a likeable man, I'd hate to see Earvin screw this up. But everything he touches seems to turn to gold.

I'd like to see him behind-the-back no-look pass termination papers to Ned!

Had to log in just for this, 
laugh.gif

Glad Magic's group won the bid, but still, there is a lot of dominoes that need to fall.  Cohen's group had a lot more money up front, in fact they were straight cash, but I'm sure Cohen being tied to "insider trading" (allegedly) probably drew some red flags.

Overall, happy this will end, finally time to shed some dead weight in the front office, starting with Ned.

As far as that bobblehead is concerned, I dig it, but how awesome would it have been if it would've been wearing the 1988 road greys.  When I think of Hershiser, I think of this iconic picture:

Orel%20Hershiser%20SI%20Cover.jpg

Just me, and with the exception of the Ethier and players from Brookly bobbles, everyone has the home whites.  

Good way to start the season with Opening Day a week away.

Even though McCourt will own the lots, it's "meh".  We were the only team that owned their own parking lot anyway so it wasn't a major hangup.  I hope people refuse to park in the lots in protest.  McCourt is a bonafide scumbag.

McCourt and the new ownership group worked out a deal for the lots. New group controls the lots.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

McCourt won
30t6p3b.gif
I'm real happy that the team can move on without him, but this is so true 
frown.gif

dude just banked about a billion profit before taxes and supposedly kept the parking lots...

I ain't neva seen dat doe...

This dude done bodied this new ownership group for 2 Billy. That's absurd. If this affects other ownership around the league, I can only imagine what NYY valuation has skyrocketed to.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif

McCourt came up no doubt but it's exciting to look forward to the new era of Dodgers baseball.

In just amazed at how the team sold for less than 1/4 of the price just 8 years ago. They didn't even win a world series, nor even reach one. And then the price jumps up 400%
eek.gif

damn..  McCourt is the devil.  runs the dodgers to the ground, gets a divorce, and still has a 1 billion profit and still owns the parking lot!??!! 

what a shrewd business man

Originally Posted by Statis22

eek.gif
at that price tag. McCourt definitely cashed out.

He mortgaged the hell out of that team, area, etc so I am wondering how much he'll clear.  I have no interest in the Dodgers but I cant stand that man.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Statis22

eek.gif
at that price tag. McCourt definitely cashed out.

He mortgaged the hell out of that team, area, etc so I am wondering how much he'll clear.  I have no interest in the Dodgers but I cant stand that man.

Word is he has $1.1B of Dodgers related debts. Who knows about his personal debts.

Originally Posted by dakid23

What are the Yankees worth now? 
sick.gif

Dodgers sale price was so high because of impending TV rights free agency.

I don't think this will reflect future sale prices as much as some people would expect.

Excited not only about the team, but the land around the stadium.

Lets see what happens...

Scatching my head on this sale...How on earth are they going to turn a profit on this one? When Art Moreno bought the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the State of California of the United State, he got the team dirt cheap which helped him spend money to make the team competitive (he also slashed beer prices). With Magic & Co having to spend 2B just to buy the team, that's just astounding...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Scatching my head on this sale...How on earth are they going to turn a profit on this one? When Art Moreno bought the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the State of California of the United State, he got the team dirt cheap which helped him spend money to make the team competitive (he also slashed beer prices). With Magic & Co having to spend 2B just to buy the team, that's just astounding...
TV $

Back
Top Bottom