OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

$7.5 million for BRANDON LEAGUE? THREE YEARS?

Colletti just cannot help himself. Awful contract.

hi guys.. been a long time. is there an offseason thread? cant find it.

edit: aw man lost my post count. bummer.

Last edited:
$7.5 million for BRANDON LEAGUE? THREE YEARS?
Colletti just cannot help himself. Awful contract.

Typical Colletti contract, this dude is an awful GM, over paying like always... we've seen this too much over the years. Fortunately, the money figure doesn't matter anymore.

Although they have the money for it, I think they overpaid for League.
What do you guys think of Ethier being on the trading block? He's looked lazy to me the last 2 years :rolleyes

Typical Colletti contract, this dude is an awful GM, over paying like always... we've seen this too much over the years. Fortunately, the money figure doesn't matter anymore.
i agree colletti is awful

but i cant stand when any good move we make Stan Kasten gets the credit(just look at the boston trade) and any bad moves its because of colletti, you cant have it both ways. and this is not directed at you ironman just dodger fans in general

What do you guys think of Ethier being on the trading block? He's looked lazy to me the last 2 years

The one thing about Ethier is that he is moody...think Jeff Kent.

It was bad enough he dropped to second banana, no he may be 3rd/4th/5th banana.

but i cant stand when any good move we make Stan Kasten gets the credit(just look at the boston trade) and any bad moves its because of colletti, you cant have it both ways. and this is not directed at you ironman just dodger fans in general

It's going to be this way for awhile, think Colletti is going to get pushed out eventually. Kasten is pulling the major strings (Boston trade, Hanley deal). Colletti is doing the rest.

so again why did we give ned an extension? we have hired 3 different guys to work with him in the front office this offseason, clear sign they dont trust him IMO

we also hired a new VP of international scouting and then do this. sounds like he is good tho
LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers continue to spare no expense in their search for talent all over the globe.

The Dodgers bid $25.7 million for a chance to sign Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-jin, Major League Baseball announced Saturday. Hyun-jin, 25, is a seven-time All-Star for the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organiztion.
LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers have approached free agent outfielder Torii Hunter about a two-year contract, according to a major league source. 

The Dodgers' thinking is to use Hunter as an insurance policy as left fielder Carl Crawford's recovery from elbow surgery crosses into early next season, but they also have made it clear to other teams that they would consider trading Andre Ethier.

Hunter also has been pursued by the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, Philadelphia Phillies and one other American League team. The Yankees have talked to Hunter's agent about a one-year contract.

Hunter, 37, is a nine-time Gold Glove winner coming off one of his finest seasons. He batted .313 with 16 home runs and 92 RBIs for the Los Angeles Angels, who did not extend a qualifying offer to him. Because of that, any team that signs Hunter would not have to surrender a draft pick.

Hunter, who's spent the last five seasons with the Angels, is close friends with Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp and owns a home in Newport Coast, Calif.

I don't like paying THAT type of money just to be able to talk to a guy.
Have any of those asian pitchers that commanded a huge contract/rights done anything to deserve the type of money they've gotten?
1st one that comes to mind is Daisuke and he sucks

Everybody is saying the Dodgers are the leading the pack in the chase for him. They're gonna over pay :/

What do you guys think the odds of landing Greinke?

Good but I don't think that's a good thing, Greinke lost a little leverage though with the Angels landing Hanson.

Wilson, :lol:, they gave League stupid money to be an emergency closer in case Kenley can't go. No need to add Wilson's "personality".

Wow! With how much activity that's unfolded in the last 2 days I thought this thread would be on the first page.

At first we were like....

Now were like....

Dodgers fans, do you guys feel like the Yankees now? Do you think you'll be talked about and treated like such?

With the talent on this team and more players on the way, yall have to be the leader in the clubhouse early on to win it all. But baseball never plays out that way...but would be dumb to bet against them especially in that weak division.

Dodgers fans, do you guys feel like the Yankees now? Do you think you'll be talked about and treated like such?
With the talent on this team and more players on the way, yall have to be the leader in the clubhouse early on to win it all. But baseball never plays out that way...but would be dumb to bet against them especially in that weak division.

Nah.

27 > 6

And that's the honest to God truth, nothing else matters. It's a great start though, I love this "new feeling" of unlimited possibilities, the team is talented, the owners are committed to winning, and the Stadium is getting some cosmetic upgrades.

We've never had all those pieces going all at once, but the play on the field is what scares me. Winning the pennant is the minimum goal now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom