OFFICIAL 2012 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (FINALS! 4-1) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Anyone notice..........Miami has not lost 1 game wearing the new BLACK jerseys....

our home court record
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

James Jones
pimp.gif

Hope he doesn't fall out of rotation like the playoffs last year.

this. Hopefully Spo learns from his own mistakes.  I think JJ should be one of the first subs into to game so he can be on the floor with Bron/Chalmers/Wade who can penetrate and make the defenders pick their poison.  

Hopefully the Bulls and the Knicks Play each other in the first rnd....I think the Knicks may be able to beat them in 7 games....I said maybe!
But good win today..Lets go kill The C's and Bulls this week!

We shouldn't make any noise or major discussion till that ball tips off in the playoffs.

Thats when we heat fans will roar, I can't wait for the playoffs.

Miami Heat center Ronny Turiaf, a native of the Caribbean, enjoying his new life in South Florida

It is always the same, and never an argument.

"We have a routine," Ronny Turiaf says. "Every time I come home to Martinique, my dad already knows, we're not going anywhere until I go back where I grew up."

Georges Louis knows he might need to wait for hours while his oldest child pays respects to friends and mentors he left half a life ago.

"There's no such thing as a celebrity, because they knew me before I was the Ronny Turiaf that you know," says Turiaf, the Heat's new center. "You don't know the real Ronny Turiaf. They do. So whenever I go back home, I allow myself to be the Ronny that I truly am, with no boundaries, no walls, the one walking around barefooted and not worrying about being photographed, not worried about being bothered.

"Because those guys know what I am, and who I am. It's just pure joy whenever  I go home, because I can be home."

This place, South Florida, could never replace that home, although Turiaf is appreciating the similar climate while trying to capitalize on a unique opportunity.

Turiaf has now played 10 games with the Heat, the last four as a starter, with the last one - eight points and nine rebounds in Sunday's win against Detroit - ranking as his best.

Erik Spoelstra, while expecting defense and energy, has been pleasantly surprised by Turiaf's offensive skills.

"We can fit him into what we do already," Spoelstra said.

Turiaf, 29, has already accomplished much, especially considering his background. His parents separated when he was 6, and he moved many times with his mother thereafter.

Such was the squalor and instability that, upon reflection, Turiaf says settling in a housing project at age 9 is "when my life became awesome."

One of his friends favored basketball. But Turiaf "hated" it.

"I wanted to play soccer," he says.

He was better at that, and felt he had a future as a goalkeeper.

His father felt otherwise.

"He told me I was going to be playing basketball from now on," Turiaf says.

With improvement came some enjoyment. When he was 15, his father sent him to Paris, and the National Institute of Physical Education, with its rigorous curriculum and emphasis on elite athletic training.

His parents received plane tickets so they could visit. What they saw was a teenager growing his body and game. His play for the French Under-18 National Team attracted the attention of U.S. colleges and universities, including Miami and North Carolina.

He ultimately chose Gonzaga, out in Spokane, Wash.

"I had never been to America," Turiaf says.

On his recruiting trip, the Caribbean kid loved the lakes. He loved Taco Bell and Mountain Dew, too.

"That was my first American drink," Turiaf says. "I was like, 'Oh my God, this is heaven.' "

But school - that was hard. He struggled at first to learn the language and maintain eligibility, spending many extra hours with an English teacher. Now it is one of the three languages (along with French and Antillean Creole) he has mastered, with passable skills in Italian and Spanish. He left Gonzaga without graduating in 2005, although he would return five years later to receive his diploma for Sports Management.

Turiaf was drafted in the second round in '05 by the Los Angeles Lakers, but a team physical detected a heart ailment that almost derailed his career. He had six hours of open-heart surgery and a lengthy recovery but still played 23 games that season.

"It wasn't really scary because it happened so fast," Turiaf says.

Turiaf isn't the sort to scare easily.

"I grew up on an island, man," he says. "I'm a Caribbean boy. So my attitude about life is different than the regular. We have somewhat of an enjoy-life, happy-go-lucky attitude, because we are surrounded by water. What's not to love about that?

"I think everybody from the Caribbean has the same DNA. We are just happy to be alive, and we want to enjoy life to the fullest until the wheels fall off. With stress, it raises your blood pressure, I don't like that."

Yet stresses can have their benefits.

"With my obstacles that I went through in my life, it makes me, on a daily basis, appreciate life even more than some people do," Turiaf says. "Life is not perfect. And I wouldn't want a perfect life. Sometimes, you have to go through storms and you have to get out of it. I was able to get out and keep on walking."

And so, whenever he returns to Martinique, he runs first to those projects.

"Basketball, this is not what defines me," Turiaf says.

It is merely a means to motivate others, those who know him best and mean the most. Especially if he returns with no shoes on his feet, but a ring on his finger.

"And that's what would make me proud, that I can inspire some of the young generations, they can look at me, 'He was down and he succeeded,' " Turiaf says. "That when tough times came, I could overcome them and still be an NBA champion."

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

We shouldn't make any noise or major discussion till that ball tips off in the playoffs.

Thats when we heat fans will roar, I can't wait for the playoffs.

I agree that JJ should be part of the regular rotation. The Heat have 4 guys backing up dwade and bron (Battier, JJ, MM, and T Harris)..interesting to see what spo does in the playoffs with his rotation, who's going to lose minutes?

Norris has slipped behind as of late but I wouldn't count him out as a productive piece either ..... All in all when we shoot well from 3 and the perimeter for that matter, I don't see us losing at all. That was the missing key during those 12 games with no M&M ... we didn't stretch the defense and make them gaurd the perimeter cuase they didnt have to. We shot terribly so all they did is clog the lane. LeBron, Jesus, nor Luke Skywalker can get past defense like that so it made sense. I'm in no way making excuses for my squad nor their coach but, it's just basic basketball IMO.

We'll be fine and I'm amped and ready to turn the eff up in the playoffs!!

LOL... damn man that was fast... bosh seems to have problems with KG, i think it is because he is more like him...
DAMN WADE AND LEBRON... JONES WITH THE 3!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom