Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

interesting mock draft by Ford.

my boy Harkless going 27? Being told he's projected 15-25.

If he goes 27, the choice to go into the draft wouldn't be a good one IMO
Why not? 

*edit*

He's not a lottery-talent regardless...so I don't get why it matters if he goes between 15-25, or 27. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

interesting mock draft by Ford.

my boy Harkless going 27? Being told he's projected 15-25.

If he goes 27, the choice to go into the draft wouldn't be a good one
Please explain.

Aside from the fact that he would no longer be in a SJU uni

Cause the draft is so weak next year, if Harkless has a good year next year which he would have, he could have been a top-10 pick.

Lost: Bost, Sidney, Smith, Moultrie & Bryant + Stansbury.

God bless Rodney Hood, but yes.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cause the draft is so weak next year, if Harkless has a good year next year which he would have, he could have been a top-10 pick.
But if he goes 25 somehow it will be a big difference?

I'd say so...He prolly won't get off the bench next year if he goes that late.  Development guy it would be much better for him to spend a year being the man on an NCAA tourney team imo.

Adonis Thomas returning. Don't know if the Memphis staff can actually develop anyone, but right move.

pimp.gif
@ Rivers to TWolves

Cavs can do some serious work in the draft. Our future looks > than any Bron team. 
By 2018, we should have a ECF or maybe even a title.  

This draft is way deep, and Kyrie is just 
sick.gif

Yeah, Cavs team he was apart of.. not Mia.
We land a top 8 pick, and get LA's as well ... 

I think 2014 or 15 we get the Kings first rounder too.  

We are adopting the OKC mindset, and hopefully we become the East version of them. 

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

We are adopting the OKC mindset, and hopefully we become the East version of them. 
50laugh.gif

Cavs can do some serious work in the draft. Our future looks > than any Bron team. 
By 2018, we should have a ECF or maybe even a title.  

This draft is way deep, and Kyrie is just 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
man shut up. You do realize Bron took a cast full of bums to 66 and 61 wins in back to back years? You're getting a little too excited. 2018.
laugh.gif

I think Perry Jones would be a good pick at the spot they have the Cavs taking him, though.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think y'all are splitting hairs, I think there games are essentially the same, and I think that TJ is likely to have the same level of success.

And where TJ will get drafted it will be much better value compared to where Jeff got picked. I can agree with that. I don't see them as the exact same player, though. I think Jeff is a lot more skilled and versatile.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

50laugh.gif

What's so funny bro? Did OKC not build through draft and trades? The Cavs are tanking on purpose right now, because they're pretty much investing into the future going forward with Kyrie. I wouldn't say it's better than any Bron year - but with all the stockpiled draft picks we stole - we will be a problem soon...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

50laugh.gif

What's so funny bro? Did OKC not build through draft and trades? The Cavs are tanking on purpose right now, because they're pretty much investing into the future going forward with Kyrie. I wouldn't say it's better than any Bron year - but with all the stockpiled draft picks we stole - we will be a problem soon...

OKC hit a home run with Kevin Durant, who is arguably a top-3 player in the NBA.  The OKC blueprint goes well beyond stockpiling draft picks.  Their model works because they have 3 of the top 20/25 players in the NBA on one roster. 

Cavs have.....?  In building a team through the draft, you need more than just picks....you need a bit of luck also. 

Back
Top Bottom