Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Why can't the team with the worst record get the #1 pick? This lottery thing is bs
Because this is not the NFL

The NFL does it the right way.

Teams don't go hard all the time as is, the level of tanking would be funny if there were guaranteed  picks 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Hard time envisioning a world where anyone other than MKG goes 2nd.
Michael-Jordan-Hall-of-Fame-Induction-Speech-Video--300x211.jpg

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

They need to get rid of the lottery and do it like the NFL does. The team with the worst record deserves the #1 pick IMO. Scum bag Stern.
Hell no, then we'd just be rewarding bottom of the barrel teams for purposely tanking. There's just too many games in the reg season to do it like the NFL does.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Why can't the team with the worst record get the #1 pick? This lottery thing is bs
Because this is not the NFL

The NFL does it the right way.
I disagree, in theory the lottery is the best way to determine who gets the top draft pick. New Orleans conspiracy aside, the lottery served it's purpose this year, the Bobcats were horrible (and probably tanked a little bit) and they didn't get the 1st pick. I like the "no guarantees" system.

I'm with Derrick Williams though, why don't they show the lottery balls being picked anymore?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Mikeknows

know matter who won yall dudes would be in here talking about its rigged.

Hornets, Cavs, Warriors, Bobcats, Nets, and Kings all had angles. 6 of the best 7 odds. Nets are the biggest losers.

Now, I have to watch this fool Davis go against my team 4 times a year? 
And we more than likely will have the last two NBA champions in our division.

tired.gif

Bobcats trading #2 pick down, drafting harrison barnes, and adding another starter/pick with that trade.

after the Ewing-Knicks rig job...im convinced every draft is fixed.......this was David Sterns way of rewarding whoever bought the Hornets...anyone tries to tell me otherwise, im not buying it

Worst part for the Bobcats is I don't think they were tanking this season, they're just that bad & needed Davis more than any other team. Oh well. 
Really interested in seeing one of the better coaches in the league having the core of Gordon/Davis/Lillard.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Seriously I don't like to buy into conspiracies but come on. First Stern stops the Lakers from getting CP3 and nobody wants the team. Then all of sudden somebody buys the team and they get the 1st pick. This #%#% don't smell right.

Everything that happened with the lakers situation far worse and easier to prove wrong doing.

Instead of rewarding bad teams,why not give the top picks to the best of the bottom 14 teams? Now there's some motivation to get better.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Bobcats trading #2 pick down, drafting harrison barnes, and adding another starter/pick with that trade.
That is honestly their best bet. MKG isnt gonna make them a whole lot better. He is good. But if they can trade down they can still get someone good, as long as they are getting a decent talent for the #2 they would be good. Atleast they could be competitive. 
I dont know how long Barnes stays on the board. But they would prolly be able to get Lamb easily around 8-10

Then again MKG could turn out to be an absolute beast and then MJ has that on his resume along with drafting Kwame. He may just wanna take MKG and see what happens. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

Instead of rewarding bad teams,why not give the top picks to the best of the bottom 14 teams? Now there's some motivation to get better.
But then won't the bad teams stay bad?

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

They need to get rid of the lottery and do it like the NFL does. The team with the worst record deserves the #1 pick IMO. Scum bag Stern.
His reason is because teams will tank. 

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

If they don't love MKG, Bobcats trade #2 & bad contract for Blazers #6 & #11?

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

That's a hell of a ownership package: 2014 All Star Game AND the 1st pick.
RHuHq.gif

and the 10th pick! I thought Portland was getting a deal but wow! Soon as I heard CHA has never selected 1st I knew it was over. Bogus rigging! Deron going to LA is the only thing that will let me look past this. 

i really do believe the hornets pick was rigged.
*#%$ doesnt fall into place perfectly like that.
stern screws hornets then gives them the 1st pick.

Back
Top Bottom