Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I'm willing to do a sig bet, that New Orleans WILL GET THE #1 PICK in this year's draft. Think about it, the league always gives the pick based on story-lines, and what better in New Orleans.
They just traded away their franchise player, signed a new lease for the arena, and will soon get a new owner. Quote me on this, because Davis will be a Hornet next year. BOOK IT

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by MBen32

Someone stated in reference to Barnes a few years ago that 6'7 wings come a dime a dozen. Bring in an overrated prospect to play on a mediocre, at best, roster doesn't excite me too much.
Landing Parker & Randle for 2013 would be much bigger. 

& I just watched his HoopMixtape & it was 3+ minutes of slow *@% left handed windmills. 
ohwell.gif

You do recognize that Parker is a 6'7 wing too, right?
laugh.gif
He's also not an elite level athlete.
that's part of my point. I can't ever get upset at losing a 6'7 wing, when they come along every year. I also said the thing that scares me about Shabazz's athleticism is that he doesn't seem to have a skillset to counteract it, which I believe Parker does. I also believe Parker is the better prospect Right now & he still has another year of HS.

All indications are that Bari is the better prospect, but I'd suggest you watch some more of Bazz if you don't think he has the skillset to counteract his athleticism.

You have anything I can watch on him that can show me?
Cause like I said I'm only basing it off of Highlight reels & that can be misleading in either way(good or bad)

but let's not sidetrack this thread. We'll have all season next year to dissect his game & we can discuss him in the 2013 NBA Draft Thread. 

Shabazzzzzzz about to shock the world like that little PG from uconn! We shocked the world !!!!

He's gonna be a rebel.

Well since we're talking prospective draft classes (2013 and beyond), would anybody else take Shabazz Napier with a late-first round selection this year? I love the kid's game and at times he was UConn's best player over Lamb and Drummond. Napier could very well declare with no postseason for the Huskies in 2013 and Oriakhi has already transferred out. I like him better than even Marshall at the next level. 

You serious? Shabazz Napier is terrible. Poor shooter and doesn't do a SINGLE thing on an elite level that translate to the NBA.

tony wroten should be in the lottery this yr  
pimp.gif

I know his personality is similar to terrence williams and Nate Rob 
laugh.gif
 but to have him in the late teen to mid 20's is to low

Originally Posted by dreClark

Whoa.

Lets hold off on saying he is Lord Kemba Pt. 2

Nah you're not gettin me Dre.. I'm not talking about Kemba. Shock the world, little PG from uconn is Khalid El-Amin
laugh.gif
and his quote after they won it all ..I'm sayin shabazzz is shocking the world by going to UNLV

Dior, completely serious. 13/6/3.5 (R)/1.5(S) without Calhoun for much of the season? Coupled with Lamb's apparent regression, Oriakhi's inconsistency, and Drummond's "immaturity." Napier shot 36% from three, I'll take that. Shot selection does not to get significantly better (39% FG won't cut it). Napier can take over games with his offense and his on-the-ball defense and team help defense will be good enough at the next level. Like I said, late-first for me with no hesitation. 

I don't get the fascination with Tony Wroten he seems incapable of actually running an offense. (as opposed to making fancy passes) and he can't shoot all. Whats to like about him other than he's big.

OKB, potential, athleticism, and good size. Doesn't Wroten project more as a NBA combo 2 than a PG? Maybe UW fans can clarify with their thoughts. Late-first is fair for Wroten. 

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by dreClark

Whoa.

Lets hold off on saying he is Lord Kemba Pt. 2

Nah you're not gettin me Dre.. I'm not talking about Kemba. Shock the world, little PG from uconn is Khalid El-Amin
laugh.gif
and his quote after they won it all ..I'm sayin shabazzz is shocking the world by going to UNLV
truuuuue
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

OKB, potential, athleticism, and good size. Doesn't Wroten project more as a NBA combo 2 than a PG? Maybe UW fans can clarify with their thoughts. Late-first is fair for Wroten. 
He's comepltley useless without the ball in his hands, Late first is fair but some people are saying lottery. He's a horrific shooter, completely incompetent, he also has no right hand, I feel like he would be completely exposed in the NBA.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I don't get the fascination with Tony Wroten he seems incapable of actually running an offense. (as opposed to making fancy passes) and he can't shoot all. Whats to like about him other than he's big.
I see an elite pg at the next level. Admittedly only seen him play a couple times, will be watching the game tomm.

Wroten is ready to handle is own in the NBA right now if need be. I will agree with OKB that running an offense isn't a strong point with Wroten, but Romar isn't exactly the best X's and O's type coach to be able to teach Tony. Under Romar they've hardly, if ever, been able to run a half court offense, so that means something to me. Not to mention his propensity to try and take over games may hinder his team running ability because the dude can get to the rim at will and that's no joke.

His passing is at an elite level and and his court vision is very good. He would have two or three assists more per game alone, if Aziz N'diaye wasn't a big oof under the basket. He fumbles it away quite a bit. Yes, Wroten's shooting leaves something to be desired, but he can make a lot of the shots je needs to be able to make and with more time in the gym, I'm sure he'd improve greatly in that area. The best thing Wroten has going for him, as I mentioned before, is how great he his at attacking the basket. He can get to the hoop at will and is very creative when he gets there. Practially unstoppable.

He can go to the NBA today and succeed and there's no doubt in my mind. He has a few things to shore up, which I think he can do at the college level, but some of it just needs to be learned with coaches who know how to teach what Wroten needs. He's a lottery value, but it just depends on whether the team/coach is willing to work with Tony and have the patience to develop him.

Renardo Sidney a fat kid that doesn't rebound and constantly turns the ball over, yeah no thanks.

Poor mans Eddy Curry.

Wroten looks like a Terrence Williams, can't shoot well enough or pass well enough to overcome turnover issues.

Back
Top Bottom