Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Bro...you're the one that brought up the amazing AAU comp that Deng was going against when in reality that class of 03 !*$@!*! sucked outside of like 4 players. Barnes had Kyrie, Selby, Kanter, Sullinger, Brandon Knight, Perry Jones, Reggie Bullock, Will Barton, Terrence Jones, CJ Leslie, Fab Melo, Tristan Thompson, Joe Jackson, Doron Lamb, Kendall Marshall....do I need to go on anymore? And Barnes was being compared to Kobe coming out of high school, was Deng being compared to Jordan? Besides that, Deng and Barnes averaged nearly identical stats in college. I still think Barnes has potential to end up being a lot better player than him.

Aight.

eek.gif
@ Drummond's wingspan and standing reach being longer than Davis'.

Got a feeling he's going #2. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Royce White would be PERFECT coming off the bench for OKC.

He'd be their version of Taj Gibson. He'd be awesome for anybody off the bench though, not just OKC.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Royce White would be PERFECT coming off the bench for OKC.
He'd be their version of Taj Gibson. He'd be awesome for anybody off the bench though, not just OKC.
More like Boris Diaw. 
On another note, I have no idea what you guys see in Beal. Nothing about him warrants a top 5 pick imo. Gut feeling says he's a much better college player than an NBA player. 

Am I crazy to think the Warriors should like at Meyers Leonard at #7? Dude is huge and athletic as hell, and he got a 15 foot jumper

Anyone else really like Jae Crowder in the 2nd round as a great guy off the bench? Saw him play all the time in the Big East, he's very good, I know his size is an issue but he's solid.

Drummond is @*+%*+% huge.

Was expecting Lamb to be 6'7. Him and Austin Rivers being the same height don't sound right.

hopefully we can get a center that can develop into a good defender and rebounder (fab melo?)..

since i think perk could be gone pretty soon, so that his money could be used on harden/ibaka (hopefully we can trade him, but will probably have to use the amnesty)..

i still think aldrich can hold down the fort for a bit (not saying i expect him to be a superstar.. but just needs to defend, rebound and set good screens)

but we also need a backup, since narz is probably going retire this year or next

Drummond with 7' 6.25" wingspan, 9' 1.5" standing reach, 6' 11.5" in shoes, at 279 pounds.... yikes

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Am I crazy to think the Warriors should like at Meyers Leonard at #7? Dude is huge and athletic as hell, and he got a 15 foot jumper

Dude looks like a damn beast out there. He looks leaps and bounds of a better prospect than Fab Melo, Zeller or any of the other center prospects out there working out.

Originally Posted by PMatic

With Aldridge in his prime and the Batum likely to sign a big contract, I think the Blazers will trade one of their picks for a veteran, draft best player available with their other pick and acquire a point guard (Dragic?) through free agency. Immediate results are probably wanted by Allen.
I think that's the move but I could also see them going Lillard for PG.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

DaComeUP wrote:

Buc Em wrote:

Bro...you're the one that brought up the amazing AAU comp that Deng was going against when in reality that class of 03 !*$@!*! sucked outside of like 4 players. Barnes had Kyrie, Selby, Kanter, Sullinger, Brandon Knight, Perry Jones, Reggie Bullock, Will Barton, Terrence Jones, CJ Leslie, Fab Melo, Tristan Thompson, Joe Jackson, Doron Lamb, Kendall Marshall....do I need to go on anymore? And Barnes was being compared to Kobe coming out of high school, was Deng being compared to Jordan? Besides that, Deng and Barnes averaged nearly identical stats in college. I still think Barnes has potential to end up being a lot better player than him.

Aight.

eek.gif
@ Drummond's wingspan and standing reach being longer than Davis'.

Got a feeling he's going #2. 

If MJ is willing to have someone dedicated to working with him a la LA with Kareem and Bynum, then I don't see an issue with it at all.

Royce would definitely be perfect for OKC. It'd be scary if he lasted that long.

Draymond measuring at 6'7.5" is going to be huge for him. Same wingspan as Sullinger, bigger than a couple of seven footers.

Crowder measured 6'5.5" with a 6'8" wingspan at the Nets combine... 6'6.5" and 6'9.25" here.

I'm still taking him Henson over Drummond.

MKG's interview was painful to watch. 
apparently he has a speech impediment. Had no idea. 

I heard the Raptors made an offer to the Sixers with the #8, Calderon and Ed Davis for Iguodala and #15. Sixers want Bargnani and #8 for Iguodala and #15.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by PMatic

With Aldridge in his prime and the Batum likely to sign a big contract, I think the Blazers will trade one of their picks for a veteran, draft best player available with their other pick and acquire a point guard (Dragic?) through free agency. Immediate results are probably wanted by Allen.
I think that's the move but I could also see them going Lillard for PG.

Man that is the way Allen has been thinking that past couple years, and it hasn't gotten them anywhere.  Hopefully he pulls his head out is %@# and realizes they have a chance to build a team for the future.  This team has a lot of gaps to fill, no way are they ready to compete right now.  With that said, this organization is going to screw it up somehow, I have no faith in that front office.

I heard the Raptors made an offer to the Sixers with the #8, Calderon and Ed Davis for Iguodala and #15. Sixers want Bargnani and #8 for Iguodala and #15.

they need to take the offer the raptors made..

just looked it up and calderon only has next year left on his contract.. and they can take a flyer on davis, who is still young

they should be able to get a good player still at 8.. but more important they get out of iggy's terrible contract

eek.gif
@ Lamb only being 179 pounds....wow

*Wizards working out Austin Rivers
nerd.gif
I really have a feeling they're gonna make some sort of deal to acquire another lottery pick.

Wait rivers measured out Taller then Beal and Lamb. This will shoot his stock up with some ******ed GM i'm sure.

And Tu holloway measuring 5'10 with a 6'5 wingspan. straight Video Game status. lol

Back
Top Bottom