Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Hmmm I could be wrong but I doubt Williams' trade value is that high

I'm not so sure it isn't. He's only one year removed from being the #2 pick... had a lot of huge performances, and he has to share his position with one of the best PFs in the NBA, if not the best.

This is part of the reason Kahn took talent over need last year in my opinion. You're able to swing a trade like this in the following years for talent AND a need. We'll see, none of this will end up coming to fruition of course because it's David Kahn, but yeah.
laugh.gif

Beal would be PERFECT for the Wolves for Rubio and Love to kick out to. And Derrick Williams would actually be the perfect compliment to Biyombo. I'd trade Derrick Williams and something else without giving up #18 for that #2 pick/Beal. Works out great for both sides.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Beal would be PERFECT for the Wolves for Rubio and Love to kick out to. And Derrick Williams would actually be the perfect compliment to Biyombo. I'd trade Derrick Williams and something else without giving up #18 for that #2 pick/Beal. Works out great for both sides.

We'll give mj Wes too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Folks on the Wiz board on RealGM are throwing out all sorts of scenarios in trying to land the #10 pick from NO. There's a rumor that NO wants to move Okafor/Ariza/#10 for an expiring deal. Obviously Rashard Lewis makes the most sense from the Wizards perspective.

I'd do it, but it would also take the Wizards out of contention from the 2013 FA derby as they'd have a lot of money tied up into the current players on the roster. Hypothetically, let's say that does happen...how does this lineup look?

Wall
J.Lamb/Rivers (w. #10)
Ariza
Robinson (w. #3)
Been

Dell said it'll take more then that to get the 10th pick. Also they aren't that desperate for a salary dump. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Who thinks MKG is a guard? Apparently, just Doug Gottlieb.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I think a hybrid of Granger and Deng is a solid comparison for Barnes, but he had more talent and hype than either one of them coming out of high school so he may end up surpassing that. In a draft with only one sure fire star I don't know how you can ask for much more out of a guy going outside the top 3. Like Rivers, Beal and Lamb I think his game is more built for the NBA than college. He would be a solid %#! pick for the Cavs, I don't know why Cavs fans wouldn't want him. I like Lamb but he has a lot more bust potential than Barnes.

Harrison Barnes definitely was not better than Luol Deng coming out of HS. 

Not close. Only reason Luol wasn't the #1 player in the class is that he LeBron ahead of him.

Russillo says Cunningham has some buzz now. Good. I'm not saying he's exactly Avery Bradley, but I do think he's a guy that you know you'll get great defense and energy out of and is athletic. Good value late 1st/early 2nd IMO.

I like Waiters as a scorer and 6th man in NBA - but if someone in the top 10 promised a kid when they have zero idea if he can defend..? doesn't seem smart. I like Beal, Lamb, Ross, Waiters, Rivers, Cunningham in order for SG's.

Chad Ford said the Blazers, Raptors and Suns are suspected of promising Waiters.

Doing some detective work;

Blazers just hired their GM.
Raptors are reportedly shopping their pick.
Suns GM said he wants help on the wings.

So the Suns?

Also, if Damian Lillard has a hole in his game, I don't know what it is. Good for him for showing out today.

Here are my predictions for 1-7 if no trades were to happen.

1: Davis (Consensus pick here)
2: Robinson (I personally would take him #1)
3. MKG (I don't think MKG will be a immediate contributor, he's like a bigger Tony Allen to me at the moment. You see how long it took Gerald Wallace to make an impact?)
4. Barnes (They could easily take Beal at this spot as well, but I'm not high on Barnes. He reminds me too much of Dorrell Wright right now)
5. Drummond (Best player available)
6. Lillard (Apparently Portland promised him that he'll be picked at 6 if available).
7. Beal (Best player available)

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Exactly.

I think a hybrid of Granger and Deng is a solid comparison for Barnes, but he had more talent and hype than either one of them coming out of high school so he may end up surpassing that. In a draft with only one sure fire star I don't know how you can ask for much more out of a guy going outside the top 3. Like Rivers, Beal and Lamb I think his game is more built for the NBA than college. He would be a solid %#! pick for the Cavs, I don't know why Cavs fans wouldn't want him. I like Lamb but he has a lot more bust potential than Barnes.

Not close. Only reason Luol wasn't the #1 player in the class is that he LeBron ahead of him.

And Ndubi Ebi, Shannon Brown, Brian Butch and David Padgett right behind him. The only other relevant NBA talent in that class was CP3, Perkins, Bass, Ariza and Paul Milsap who was way under the radar. So where is this amazing AAU comp he was going against that made Deng a better prospect than Barnes?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Chad Ford said the Blazers, Raptors and Suns are suspected of promising Waiters.

Doing some detective work;

Blazers just hired their GM.
Raptors are reportedly shopping their pick.
Suns GM said he wants help on the wings.

So the Suns?
If Blazers pass on Lillard at 6 thinking they are going to get Waiters at 11 I am going to break something seriously.  The only pg I want to see drafted is Lillard, otherwise we need a big and a sg, and go after a player in a trade or free agency like Dragic or trade for Lowry, or see what happens with the Collison and Paul George situation.

There's enough PGs that we could go after in the offseason. I want a SG with this draft, Lamb if possible. If a PG is absolutely necessary, it better be Lillard. If we take Waiters, especially at 6, I'm burning my Trail Blazers fan card.

Originally Posted by Noskey

There's enough PGs that we could go after in the offseason. I want a SG with this draft, Lamb if possible. If a PG is absolutely necessary, it better be Lillard. If we take Waiters, especially at 6, I'm burning my Trail Blazers fan card.
My thoughts exactly on Waiters.  In a perfect draft I would want Drummond and 6 and Lamb at 11 and trade Matthews + $/draft pick for Lowry.
Lowry
Lamb
Batum
Aldridge
Drummond
Would be a nice young core and starting 5.

But I am thinking neither are going to be there at that spot.  I have this sinking feeling we will take Waiters and Sullinger
30t6p3b.gif
  I will have to find a new team if that is the case, so tired of watching this team suck and make horrible moves
30t6p3b.gif
  Went through enough of that with the Lions, don't think I can handle it again.

Edit:  More I think about it if Drummond isn't available I would rather have Hickson play starting position next to LA and Lamb at SG and Liillard at point.  Anything but Sullinger and Waiters.

That would be a realll nice starting five for the Blazers but neither Lamb or Lillard will be available at 11. They could grab Lillard at 6 and Rivers at 11 though. Or Drummond then Rivers and try to swing a trade for a pg or grab one in free agency.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Exactly.

And Ndubi Ebi, Shannon Brown, Brian Butch and David Padgett right behind him. The only other relevant NBA talent in that class was CP3, Perkins, Bass, Ariza and Paul Milsap who was way under the radar. So where is this amazing AAU comp he was going against that made Deng a better prospect than Barnes?

Huh? What amazing comp was Harrison Barnes going against? I guess you just don't remember how much hype there was around Luol Deng, but any other year besides the year where the best player on the planet was in his class he would've been the top player in the nation.

Bro...you're the one that brought up the amazing AAU comp that Deng was going against when in reality that class of 03 !@#$%$* sucked outside of like 4 players. Barnes had Kyrie, Selby, Kanter, Sullinger, Brandon Knight, Perry Jones, Reggie Bullock, Will Barton, Terrence Jones, CJ Leslie, Fab Melo, Tristan Thompson, Joe Jackson, Doron Lamb, Kendall Marshall....do I need to go on anymore? And Barnes was being compared to Kobe coming out of high school, was Deng being compared to Jordan? Besides that, Deng and Barnes averaged nearly identical stats in college. I still think Barnes has potential to end up being a lot better player than him.

the blazers can really make big moves or completely bust.

If I was a cas fan, I want Beal or MKG. That's it. Barnes has overrated written all over him.

Bro...you're the one that brought up the amazing AAU comp that Deng was going against when in reality that class of 03 !*$@!*! sucked outside of like 4 players. Barnes had Kyrie, Selby, Kanter, Sullinger, Brandon Knight, Perry Jones, Reggie Bullock, Will Barton, Terrence Jones, CJ Leslie, Fab Melo, Tristan Thompson, Joe Jackson, Doron Lamb, Kendall Marshall....do I need to go on anymore? And Barnes was being compared to Kobe coming out of high school, was Deng being compared to Jordan? Besides that, Deng and Barnes averaged nearly identical stats in college. I still think Barnes has potential to end up being a lot better player than him.

Aight.

eek.gif
@ Drummond's wingspan and standing reach being longer than Davis'.

With Aldridge in his prime and the Batum likely to sign a big contract, I think the Blazers will trade one of their picks for a veteran, draft best player available with their other pick and acquire a point guard (Dragic?) through free agency. Immediate results are probably wanted by Allen.

Back
Top Bottom