Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dwight realize the Nets will have to gut the team to acquire him. Better off trying to make a playoff run with the Magic, then leaving in July for Brooklyn.

i wish melo had this mindset :/

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If the season were to end today who would have a better chance at winning the Championship the Bucks or the Warriors?
The Dolphins.

Given a question that has the word "win" in it, an answer like that sounds about right coming from a Knicks fan.

Pretty sure Knicks are fighting Bucks for the coveted 8th spot
laugh.gif

Roll the dice... This ain't Yahtzee...

Roll the dice = keep me for the rest of the season, but I'm walking

I don't want to be traded. But if you don't trade me, you are rolling the dice.

If I'm Otis Smith I hear that and !#!+ myself... Then I trade him, and Hedo out on the next train tomorrow to Jersey

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

The Dolphins.

Given a question that has the word "win" in it, an answer like that sounds about right coming from a Knicks fan.

laugh.gif

Everybody is missing the point. Nobody even knows the initial question.
Dude said Monta Ellis is mad about being on the Bucks, not that he's in Milwaukee. My point is, the Bucks are in the playoffs, and the Warriors aren't, so why would he be mad that hes on a playoff team instead. 

dwight howard's acting like a lil spoiled brat. what a $#@*%$$ +@#*%. hope he never wins a championship, just shut up and go to work.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

RT @WallaceNBA_ESPN Dwight said he's informed Magic he wants to stay for rest of season. Said they now must "roll the dice."

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit: this dude is on menopause or something (if this is all true)...got the emotions and rationale of a teenage girl
What does "roll the dice" even mean?
roll.gif
roll.gif
that could be anything
roll.gif
Rite...at this point i wouldnt even be mad if they shipped him to the bobcats for magette and a 1st round pick... !%*$ dwight

laugh.gif

Given that the rebuttal has the words "missing the point" in it, an answer like that sounds about right coming from a Jay02 response.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dwight realize the Nets will have to gut the team to acquire him. Better off trying to make a playoff run with the Magic, then leaving in July for Brooklyn.

i wish melo had this mindset :/
Melo said bump that esp going into a lockout season. I don't blame him hell most of us would have done the same thing.

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER 

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/...es/bg-player-trade.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; clear: both; height: 38px; cursor: default; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-right-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-bottom-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-left-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); left: 0px; top: 0px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
i

• PG
  • 2 Years
njn.gif

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/...es/bg-player-trade.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; clear: both; height: 38px; cursor: default; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-right-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-bottom-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); border-left-color: rgb(190, 188, 156); left: 0px; top: 0px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
i

• PF
  • 3 Years
sac.gif

Acquiring 2 Players

$20M

Hollinger's Analysis: +11 Wins

With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 11.

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/...ine/images/bg-team.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(6, 20, 63); clear: both; z-index: 10; height: 62px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(6, 20, 63); border-right-color: rgb(6, 20, 63); border-bottom-color: rgb(6, 20, 63); border-left-color: rgb(6, 20, 63); background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
[h2]New Jersey Nets[/h2]
Owed Tax

-$9,707,350

Cap Room

-$2,452,661

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER 

i

• PG
  • 2 Years
sac.gif

i

• PG
  • 2 Years
nyk.gif

i

• SG
  • 1 Year
nyk.gif

i

• F
  • 3 Years
sac.gif

i

• PF
  • 3 Years
sac.gif

Acquiring 5 Players

$7.7M

Hollinger's Analysis: -7 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 7.

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/...ine/images/bg-team.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(57, 57, 150); clear: both; z-index: 10; height: 62px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(57, 57, 150); border-right-color: rgb(57, 57, 150); border-bottom-color: rgb(57, 57, 150); border-left-color: rgb(57, 57, 150); background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
[h2]Sacramento Kings[/h2]
Owed Tax

-$21,692,746

Cap Room

$9,429,746

• Player
  • Salary
  • PER 

i

• PF
  • 4 Years
nyk.gif

i

• PF
  • 1 Year
njn.gif

Acquiring 2 Players

$19.1M

Hollinger's Analysis: -3 Wins

With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 3.

Projected Record Note:
Projected records are based on the PER of the players in each team’s post-trade rotation. Taking into account the players traded and the ability of their replacements, it is possible for each team in a trade to have a better projected record, or for each team to have a worse one, or for one team to be better and another to be worse by a different number of games.

a man can dream

NY KNICKS/Spurs Fan Since 1989
TEAM BROOKLYN

Because my pimp game is better than yours

I think Dwight is saying that now so if he does get traded, he'll always say "I told them I wanted to stay in Orlando."
I think it's pretty evident he's going to walk at the end of the year, unless the Magic make some type of deal for somebody to join them, but I don't see that happening because of the horrendous contracts they have.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

Given that the rebuttal has the words "missing the point" in it, an answer like that sounds about right coming from a Jay02 response.

smile.gif

I can only assume most people "feel bad" for Monta because he's going to the Bucks, not Milwaukee.
So no one can tell me how people feel bad for Monta because hes going to a playoff team makes sense? Whatever.

In my opinion...

1. Because they're not a playoff team yet. No matter how bad the Knicks are performing, they could get on an unforeseen roll and jetsteam past the Bucks who they have more talent than.

2. It might partially be about Milwaukee, because he might like the Bay Area and not feel comfortable in the Midwest (he's from the South, played his entire career on the West Coast).

3. He might not like how he fits in on the Bucks. Both he and Jennings are going to start and both are score-first guards, and there's only one ball.

laugh.gif

Dude said Monta Ellis is mad about being on the Bucks, not that he's in Milwaukee. My point is, the Bucks are in the playoffs, and the Warriors aren't, so why would he be mad that hes on a playoff team instead. 
Because you were crying about how mean "EVERYONE" was being about your city and that we were what's wrong with the NBA. My point is A. they're not in the playoffs since it's March and B. who cares about the city, the team will be lucky to win a couple games in the playoffs. Sure they're "in the playoffs" compared to the Warriors.. but 8th seed in the East is NOTHING to be happy about.
Stop complaining.

People killing Dwight for this...
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Wanting to ride out the season in Orlando is EXACTLY what he should want to do... He should've played this thing a little closer to the vest and never given Orlando and list of teams he'd be interested in, though... There was no reason for him to not play this thing exactly like LeBron did in Cleveland.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Wanting to ride out the season in Orlando is EXACTLY what he should want to do... He should've played this thing a little closer to the vest and never given Orlando and list of teams he'd be interested in, though... There was no reason for him to not play this thing exactly like LeBron did in Cleveland.
Makes LeBron kind of look like a good guy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

In my opinion...

1. Because they're not a playoff team yet. No matter how bad the Knicks are performing, they could get on an unforeseen roll and jetsteam past the Bucks who they have more talent than.

2. It might partially be about Milwaukee, because he might like the Bay Area and not feel comfortable in the Midwest (he's from the South, played his entire career on the West Coast).

3. He might not like how he fits in on the Bucks. Both he and Jennings are going to start and both are score-first guards, and there's only one ball.
See this is a better answer than, "they're in the East though" or "they wont beat the Heat anyway". 
All I was trying to say is even though they are in the East, and that they probably wont beat the Heat. The Warriors arent even in a position to have an opportunity at beating someone like the Thunder or Spurs.

Point taken, though. 

Because you were crying about how mean "EVERYONE" was being about your city and that we were what's wrong with the NBA. My point is A. they're not in the playoffs since it's March and B. who cares about the city, the team will be lucky to win a couple games in the playoffs. Sure they're "in the playoffs" compared to the Warriors.. but 8th seed in the East is NOTHING to be happy about.
Stop complaining.

I could care less what you think about Milwaukee. Everyone else was doing the complaining that he's coming here, not me, im happy.
Wasnt syaing the 8th seed is something to be happy about. I was saying its better than not being in the playoffs at all.

Magic have 6 terrible contracts

Hedo, Jameer, Big Baby, JRich and to a lesser extent Chris Duhon and QRich

This could be their shot to get rid of 3 of them in 1 trade..

Ship Hedo, Duhon and QRich along with Dwight to NJ.. And you get $20+ mil of expiring contracts in return and likely 2 1st Round Picks.

Then figure out a way to get rid of either Big Baby or JRich.. And hold on to Jameer and try to move him next season as an expiring contract..

And you are stuck with 1 terrible contract..

But this is all moot because knowing Otis he will offer Ryan Anderson 5year/ $70mil,  and the cycle of bad contracts will just keep going round and round for that team

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Makes LeBron kind of look like a good guy.
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
   ... still a bad guy

Back
Top Bottom