Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah No matter how many stupid things Javale has done trading young talented centers or old one's on a team that s far away doesn't make a TON of sense.
McGee will never become a dominant low post player. it may have been better to wait a year and let him walk in FA, but i like that the franchise is showing it will no longer support his brand of knucklehead basketball anymore. 
Nene is a pretty good player, and his court awareness and defensive abilities are lightyears ahead of McGee's. he'll be a great pick-and-roll type player to pair up with Wall. 

do you ever see McGee being a starting C on a winning team? do you see him becoming a low post anchor for Denver? exactly.. i like this move, the collective bball IQ of our team just went up about 40 points. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The Clippers were also "this close" from acquiring Ray Allen, according to Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio.
Another interesting tidbit from Amick: He says the Nuggets tried to engage the Kings on Nene/DeMarcus Cousins swap about a month ago, but the Kings weren't interested.

Id be pissed if LAC got Ray, even though they still would suck on D. Wall and DMC reunited would've been nice.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Lakers have a real starting 5 now but they still don't have a single guy off the bench worth @@##. It's just going to be really hard to ride all 5 of those guys all the way to late June.
And the fact that their starting PG can't finish games because he's a bad 3 point shooter.

Originally Posted by geoff2005

might as well sign arenas to play off the bench
Not if Memphis doesn't get him first
nerd.gif

BTW, the Grizzlies are getting the best player at the trade deadline....ZBO
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by diew its james

does anyone have a site that states all the trades that went down? im trying to figure out who is on what team now

On top of that, could someone please provide a recap of all the trades.Thanks!
 realgm is your friend...

Another interesting tidbit from Amick: He says the Nuggets tried to engage the Kings on Nene/DeMarcus Cousins swap about a month ago, but the Kings weren't interested.
Ahhhhh Amick alluded to this offer a few weeks ago on local sac radio but wouldn't give any hints as to who it was other than "it would be a clear cut upgrade".... not sure I agree with Nene being a clear cut upgrade.
Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

What is Sac going to do with Tyreke?
nerd.gif
Nothing really.... just that he is available for the right pieces. Not actively looking to dump him or even trade him.... kinda in the same boat is Rondo 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Lakers have a real starting 5 now but they still don't have a single guy off the bench worth @@##. It's just going to be really hard to ride all 5 of those guys all the way to late June.
And the fact that their starting PG can't finish games because he's a bad 3 point shooter.

roll.gif
   what the !!#$ kind of sense does this make?

Originally Posted by DT43

Yeah No matter how many stupid things Javale has done trading young talented centers or old one's on a team that s far away doesn't make a TON of sense.
McGee will never become a dominant low post player. it may have been better to wait a year and let him walk in FA, but i like that the franchise is showing it will no longer support his brand of knucklehead basketball anymore. 
Nene is a pretty good player, and his court awareness and defensive abilities are lightyears ahead of McGee's. he'll be a great pick-and-roll type player to pair up with Wall. 

do you ever see McGee being a starting C on a winning team? do you see him becoming a low post anchor for Denver? exactly.. i like this move, the collective bball IQ of our team just went up about 40 points. 

He's about to be for the Nuggets.

I fall asleep for the final hour before the deadline and awake to learn McGee's on the Nuggets? I hope I'm still dreaming or something. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif

seriously. like derek fisher has been stroking the 3 ball well this season. 32%

roll.gif
There's a chance their best PG isn't on the floor late in games. He's a liability from 3....

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

roll.gif

seriously. like derek fisher has been stroking the 3 ball well this season. 32%
Fisher had 4 airballs these past 2 games.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

Agree.  I think the McGee/Nene swap is a good move for both teams.  Washington just had too much youth, without quality veteran leadership.  And McGee's upside isn't that good that he should have been untouchable.  Now you have a solid, veteran guy in there, who is a legit low-post scorer.  Its going to help Wall out a lot and maybe change the culture of the team a little bit. 

With the Nuggets, it looks like Faried is legit, so Nene was expendable and it means that you don't have to count on McGee for a whole lot more than what he already does.  On the Nuggets, all McGee has to do is block shots, get rebounds and look for lobs and put-backs. 

Nene isn't any kind of upgrade over DMC. "Clear cut." 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Sam Amick had me hyped when he mentioned it
laugh.gif
I honestly thought it was like Bynum or Gasol or some !*%$
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Glad we didn't go after Ray Allen after all. I seriously never saw this coming.

Great job Neil Olshey!
LOL @ the avy change.  That was quick! 

Dudes laugh and make fun of Fisher for years, now act like we dead cuz he's gone. 
laugh.gif

LA moved Fisher, Kapono and Luke Walton today. 

Let that sink in. 

I'm not even tryna say Sessions does anything for us, gotta see how he fits in, my point is more along the lines of we just traded 3 guys that were "untradeable" like when we moved Kwame and Brian Cook. 

Ok.

The Lakers are favorites to come out the West with Sessions.

anytime you can get rid of a 36 year old starter that averaged 6ppg, 3 apg along w/ being torched on a nightly basis, you've improved.

i hate the lakers. i'll miss you D fish

Back
Top Bottom