Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

anytime you can get rid of a 36 year old starter that averaged 6ppg, 3 apg along w/ being torched on a nightly basis, you've improved.

i hate the lakers. i'll miss you D fish

QFT.... all my Lakers fan friends on FB all butt hurt cuz they lost D Fish.... dude is gonna get bought out and return to LA anyways
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Nuggets
eek.gif
eek.gif
my god, so much height, size, defense, good lord
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Yet still coached by George Karl. Maybe he'll actually make it out of the first round this year.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah No matter how many stupid things Javale has done trading young talented centers or old one's on a team that s far away doesn't make a TON of sense.
McGee will never become a dominant low post player. it may have been better to wait a year and let him walk in FA, but i like that the franchise is showing it will no longer support his brand of knucklehead basketball anymore. 
Nene is a pretty good player, and his court awareness and defensive abilities are lightyears ahead of McGee's. he'll be a great pick-and-roll type player to pair up with Wall. 

do you ever see McGee being a starting C on a winning team? do you see him becoming a low post anchor for Denver? exactly.. i like this move, the collective bball IQ of our team just went up about 40 points. 

He's about to be for the Nuggets.
oh really? McGee didn't even start every game on the WIZARDS. there is no guarantee he starts for the Nuggets, especially with Karl as his coach now. in fact, i would wager that if the Nuggets finish this season above .500, McGee would have been the backup C for the majority of those games. 
Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Nuggets pretty much re-created cheaper, younger versions of Nene and Camby.
laugh.gif
i hope you aren't implying that McGee = Camby. other than blocking shots Mcgee has no defensive awareness whatsoever.. comparing him to a DPOY is literally laughable. 
and cheaper, for now. McGee (and his momma) will ask for that money next year. 

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah No matter how many stupid things Javale has done trading young talented centers or old one's on a team that s far away doesn't make a TON of sense.
McGee will never become a dominant low post player. it may have been better to wait a year and let him walk in FA, but i like that the franchise is showing it will no longer support his brand of knucklehead basketball anymore. 
Nene is a pretty good player, and his court awareness and defensive abilities are lightyears ahead of McGee's. he'll be a great pick-and-roll type player to pair up with Wall. 

do you ever see McGee being a starting C on a winning team? do you see him becoming a low post anchor for Denver? exactly.. i like this move, the collective bball IQ of our team just went up about 40 points. 

Agree.  I think the McGee/Nene swap is a good move for both teams.  Washington just had too much youth, without quality veteran leadership.  And McGee's upside isn't that good that he should have been untouchable.  Now you have a solid, veteran guy in there, who is a legit low-post scorer.  Its going to help Wall out a lot and maybe change the culture of the team a little bit.  

With the Nuggets, it looks like Faried is legit, so Nene was expendable and it means that you don't have to count on McGee for a whole lot more than what he already does.  On the Nuggets, all McGee has to do is block shots, get rebounds and look for lobs and put-backs. 
exactly man. this guy gets it. Wizards needed to change the culture of their team, Nuggets just needed to offload Nene for someone at least average because of Faried.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

What was Cleveland thinking
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
?

Wait, wut?

Cleveland did a great job in dumping a player we really don't need - to acquire another 1st rounder to go along with our 1st rounder for 2012.

Taking the OKC way of rebuilding..
pimp.gif
Hmmm...makes sense then. So does that mean Luke Walton won't be getting lengthy PT there?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

What was Cleveland thinking
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
?

Wait, wut?

Cleveland did a great job in dumping a player we really don't need - to acquire another 1st rounder to go along with our 1st rounder for 2012.

Taking the OKC way of rebuilding..
pimp.gif
Hmmm...makes sense then. So does that mean Luke Walton won't be getting lengthy PT there?

Luke Walton couldn't get PT on a Rec League team coached by his Father

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

anytime you can get rid of a 36 year old starter that averaged 6ppg, 3 apg along w/ being torched on a nightly basis, you've improved.

i hate the lakers. i'll miss you D fish
QFT.... all my Lakers fan friends on FB all butt hurt cuz they lost D Fish.... dude is gonna get bought out and return to LA anyways
nerd.gif
I like your thinking. 

The Nuggets are about to bring Wilson Chandler back long-term, too. The trade today gave them the extra money they needed.

McGee/Koufos/Mozgov
Faried/Harrington/Andersen
Gallinari/Chandler/Brewer
Afflalo/Fernandez
Lawson/Miller

Karl should keep McGee under control, and Wizards get a vet. Very sensible move. I just wish the Heat got rid of Mike Miller. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Glad we didn't go after Ray Allen after all. I seriously never saw this coming.

Great job Neil Olshey!
LOL @ the avy change.  That was quick!    
I've always been a SC Trojan supporter and Young, Gibson and Mayo will always be cool with me. 
I'm geeked up about us bringing my son Nick back home.
happy.gif

Soooo... the Blazers really didn't trade Crawford or Felton? But we traded Camby and Wallace for a bunch of bench players? The $*!% is Allen doing
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The Nuggets are about to bring Wilson Chandler back long-term, too. The trade today gave them the extra money they needed.
That's what I was hoping would happen from this trade. Still waiting on Stein's piece for more details...

McGee/Koufos/Mozgov
Afflalo/Fernandez
Lawson/Miller
Not too bad.

Wallace was set to make $11 mil next year and Camby was gonna be gone after this year. Blazers did very well today if you ask me.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Does Luke Walton even remember how to play basketball?

I thought he was the mascot for Men's Warehouse.

....and yet he has made MILLIONS/per year doing it. stop hating.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Maybe the Nuggets can now meet Chandler's asking price. "Deadline" is tomorrow.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The Nuggets' front court depth is Chicago-scary.

[Verne Lundquist] YES SIR!!! [/Verne Lundquist]

Originally Posted by Noskey

Soooo... the Blazers really didn't trade Crawford or Felton? But we traded Camby and Wallace for a bunch of bench players? The $*!% is Allen doing
30t6p3b.gif
blazers are done...

Originally Posted by Lavious

McGee/Koufos/Mozgov
Afflalo/Fernandez
Lawson/Miller
Not too bad.

Got to be the deepest team in the league.  Starters and reserves are damn near interchangable at almost all positions. 

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Does Luke Walton even remember how to play basketball?

I thought he was the mascot for Men's Warehouse.

....and yet he has made MILLIONS/per year doing it. stop hating.

Feel better now? Go ahead, let it all out.

Back
Top Bottom