Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I think it'll be funny as hell if harbaugh goes to the fins and makes more then belichick. I can't see the fins winning that division as long as bill and brady are in it.

oh well on to the next one. Hope the 9ers slow up now and start looking at some of the OC's of the playoff teams

I think it'll be funny as hell if harbaugh goes to the fins and makes more then belichick. I can't see the fins winning that division as long as bill and brady are in it.

oh well on to the next one. Hope the 9ers slow up now and start looking at some of the OC's of the playoff teams

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Wow Dan lebatard reporting that Harbaugh to Dolphins is a done deal. Hope hes wrong and is only passing along what Kawakami tweeted. What a huge disappointment for the niners if true, all of football is laughing at them.

7mil tho? you wanna pay him 7mil? 7mil....
Why does it matter, it doesnt go against the salary cap and its not our money.  Carrol got near 7, you need to come close to that if you wanna land Harbaugh.  I dont get what a extra 5 mil during the life of the contract does for harbaugh if he indeed is going to MIA.

i ask you, who is Harbaugh then? what makes him worthy of 7mil? I'll wait

Player experience, NFL coaching experience, he turned stanford around 180 degrees.  Who do you want (not that im opposed to another big name coach out there)?  I'll wait

Edit: Im not saying hes worth 7 mil, but Carrol kinda set the bar last yr. 

Wow Dan lebatard reporting that Harbaugh to Dolphins is a done deal. Hope hes wrong and is only passing along what Kawakami tweeted. What a huge disappointment for the niners if true, all of football is laughing at them.

Why does it matter, it doesnt go against the salary cap and its not our money.  Carrol got near 7, you need to come close to that if you wanna land Harbaugh.  I dont get what a extra 5 mil during the life of the contract does for harbaugh if he indeed is going to MIA.

Player experience, NFL coaching experience, he turned stanford around 180 degrees.  Who do you want (not that im opposed to another big name coach out there)?  I'll wait

Yeah I don't think Harbaugh will have much success right now with the Pats and Jets in the same division.

Yeah I don't think Harbaugh will have much success right now with the Pats and Jets in the same division.

Player experience, NFL coaching experience, he turned stanford around 180 degrees.  Who do you want?  I'll wait

Player Experience...how many years did Bill Belichick play in the league? Mike Tomlin? Sean Payton? obviously player experience is pverrated...!!*# our last coach was a  HOF

NFL coaching experience...QB coach for a yr? is that the experience you speak of? if so...i'm good

He turned standford around...yes he did...this year but his record before this year at Stanford was sub .500 and he did it with Andrew...

based off this we throw him 7mil...nah im good...i'd rather look at an up and coming coordinator who has proven in the league he can get it done...or give me chuckie...at least he got the jewelry to command that kind of salary...but another candidate may pop out during the playoffs...

Player experience, NFL coaching experience, he turned stanford around 180 degrees.  Who do you want?  I'll wait

Player Experience...how many years did Bill Belichick play in the league? Mike Tomlin? Sean Payton? obviously player experience is pverrated...!!*# our last coach was a  HOF

NFL coaching experience...QB coach for a yr? is that the experience you speak of? if so...i'm good

He turned standford around...yes he did...this year but his record before this year at Stanford was sub .500 and he did it with Andrew...

based off this we throw him 7mil...nah im good...i'd rather look at an up and coming coordinator who has proven in the league he can get it done...or give me chuckie...at least he got the jewelry to command that kind of salary...but another candidate may pop out during the playoffs...

The Dolphins are offering a ridiculous contract. There is no question. 8 million is way more than someone like Harbaugh should be getting. But on the flipside, the 5 million offer we offered him was equally a ridiculous offer, just in the other direction.

And what I think a lot of people are assuming is that the 49ers would have needed to have paid that same contract that the Dolphins offered. I think if a fair offer was made, he would have accepted. The fact that we offered less than Carroll got last year is absurd.

The Dolphins are offering a ridiculous contract. There is no question. 8 million is way more than someone like Harbaugh should be getting. But on the flipside, the 5 million offer we offered him was equally a ridiculous offer, just in the other direction.

And what I think a lot of people are assuming is that the 49ers would have needed to have paid that same contract that the Dolphins offered. I think if a fair offer was made, he would have accepted. The fact that we offered less than Carroll got last year is absurd.

understood but Pete is a different case...he dominated the Pac-10 for the better part of a decade, won a couple Nat'l Titles...former head coach in the NFL...yes he can command that kind of salary but i still think 7mil is too much even for him

understood but Pete is a different case...he dominated the Pac-10 for the better part of a decade, won a couple Nat'l Titles...former head coach in the NFL...yes he can command that kind of salary but i still think 7mil is too much even for him

Originally Posted by th1nk

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Let Harbaugh go to Miami. No way am I down to pay him over $7 mil.
Word...
Because it's the York's $ that you care so much about?

or because it counts towards the salary cap?

....Oh, wait, it doesn't.

For all I care, he could get paid $10/yr, he's the best HC candidate available and I think he should be in SF.
I think Harbaugh will be a good coach one day but personally I rather get someone with some experience. I know it's going to be hard to grab Gruden, Cowher, Fisher, or someone like that, but I rather go after them and at least try. I'd be down to give $7 mil to Harbaugh if we got Luck, but obviously that ain't happening now. The Niners need to slow down and stop trying to rush every damn move. It's bad enough that they rushed into making Baalke the GM.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by th1nk

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Let Harbaugh go to Miami. No way am I down to pay him over $7 mil.
Word...
Because it's the York's $ that you care so much about?

or because it counts towards the salary cap?

....Oh, wait, it doesn't.

For all I care, he could get paid $10/yr, he's the best HC candidate available and I think he should be in SF.
I think Harbaugh will be a good coach one day but personally I rather get someone with some experience. I know it's going to be hard to grab Gruden, Cowher, Fisher, or someone like that, but I rather go after them and at least try. I'd be down to give $7 mil to Harbaugh if we got Luck, but obviously that ain't happening now. The Niners need to slow down and stop trying to rush every damn move. It's bad enough that they rushed into making Baalke the GM.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I'd wait till the official numbers come out I've heard the 9ers offered 4.5, 5, &6.5 all from different reporters. Seemed like everyone thought the 9ers had a deal last night till the fins jumped in the g6. I don't think the offer was that bad.

Originally Posted by dland24

I'd wait till the official numbers come out I've heard the 9ers offered 4.5, 5, &6.5 all from different reporters. Seemed like everyone thought the 9ers had a deal last night till the fins jumped in the g6. I don't think the offer was that bad.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Very true.  Which is even more reason why he should have signed with us.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Very true.  Which is even more reason why he should have signed with us.

This article depressed me.  Highlights......

-The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins.

-Had the 49ers changed their structure and been willing to hire an outside GM, and meet the financial threshold that Harbaugh is commanding on the market, they could have built a dream staff, according to sources.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi interviewed for the GM position Tuesday in San Francisco. Lombardi has strong ties to Harbaugh, but also McDaniels, with the possibility of having McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another former head coach as defensive coordinator.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options  

We could have had a great coaching staff.  If the York's private jet crashes, it crashes.

This article depressed me.  Highlights......

-The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins.

-Had the 49ers changed their structure and been willing to hire an outside GM, and meet the financial threshold that Harbaugh is commanding on the market, they could have built a dream staff, according to sources.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi interviewed for the GM position Tuesday in San Francisco. Lombardi has strong ties to Harbaugh, but also McDaniels, with the possibility of having McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another former head coach as defensive coordinator.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options  

We could have had a great coaching staff.  If the York's private jet crashes, it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom